Northampton

Where was the fight in the team yesterday this was a must stay up match players should have been on the pitch so fired up and not given the northampton players any time on the ball. Second half Northampton seemed to be in control. I don't think we even picked up a yellow card! How many of our players are genuinely hurting today! I played the game for 22 years and every game I played, I played as if it was my last. When you see some players walk off the pitch hardly breaking a sweat is outrageous when you are a paying fan. Can't we keep our home grown players who want to be proud of the badge and bust a gut each and every game then a relegation wouldn't hurt so much. Been a lifelong Latics fan for 49 years. Looks like we might have to watch Latics struggle at the bottom of League 2 now for another 21 seasons! Sorry for the rant but I am hurting today I hope some of the players are!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leeflorida said:

Where was the fight in the team yesterday this was a must stay up match players should have been on the pitch so fired up and not given the northampton players any time on the ball. Second half Northampton seemed to be in control. I don't think we even picked up a yellow card! How many of our players are genuinely hurting today! I played the game for 22 years and every game I played, I played as if it was my last. When you see some players walk off the pitch hardly breaking a sweat is outrageous when you are a paying fan. Can't we keep our home grown players who want to be proud of the badge and bust a gut each and every game then a relegation wouldn't hurt so much. Been a lifelong Latics fan for 49 years. Looks like we might have to watch Latics struggle at the bottom of League 2 now for another 21 seasons! Sorry for the rant but I am hurting today I hope some of the players are!

"You're not fit to wear the shirt" video:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/27045600527/in/album-72157694681024771/

12 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Did anyone realise the dick who threw the flairs on the pitch when we scored our first goal was the reason why 4 mins were added on....and they scored. 

We dont fucking help ourselves sometimes... 

didn't know that hope he iOS feeling proud of himself today

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Did RW throw Edmundson or Hamer up front in the last 20 minutes to try and score a goal?

No. Seemed the obvious thing to do, but he didn't. He brought Benyu on instead.

56 minutes ago, rosa said:

No. Seemed the obvious thing to do, but he didn't. He brought Benyu on instead.

That's poor considering they were the only 2 who knew where the net was.

Edmundson's goal is particular was the sort of cool finish we needed from the strikers.

Stood at back of east stand, clocks ticking down we get a throw level with their area, moimbe throws it to Hamer who was running over to take the throw??? Fucking non senseical 

last minute in injury time  same happens this time Hamer does get ball, why the fuck isn’t placide in the box, surely the manager knew Rochdale had won??

small things that probably wouldn’t have changed anything but sums up the poor attitude of some of that team 

33 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

Stood at back of east stand, clocks ticking down we get a throw level with their area, moimbe throws it to Hamer who was running over to take the throw??? Fucking non senseical 

last minute in injury time  same happens this time Hamer does get ball, why the fuck isn’t placide in the box, surely the manager knew Rochdale had won??

small things that probably wouldn’t have changed anything but sums up the poor attitude of some of that team 

This was my takeaway too. Half the team were outside the area. Should have had eight bodies in there. 

We finished with four defenders on the pitch, all playing in defence. It was a fucking shambles.

We looked like a team in a midseason game who wanted a win but didn't want to risk the point they had. Aside from the panic and desperation coming from the stands, you wouldn't have known this was a team who needed to score at that point to survive. Absolute shitshow.

Our Manager didn't care about the outcome of the game.  He was not in control and has subsequently indirectly criticised AL.  It is possible he played the players on the 'suggested' team sheet given him by AL.

Wellens was not the problem.  I fear for our league 2 survival as AL is and remains the problem.

2 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Our Manager didn't care about the outcome of the game.  He was not in control and has subsequently indirectly criticised AL.  It is possible he played the players on the 'suggested' team sheet given him by AL.

Wellens was not the problem.  I fear for our league 2 survival as AL is and remains the problem.

He did care, it's some players who didn't.

22 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Hands on my eyes. Can’t believe I’m reading this shit !! The manger was the one making the bizarre subs etc , unless AL was texting him ? He’d thrown in the towel as far as I can see. He you and I could have done a better job of motivating the players. Granted AL imports have been frankly rubbish. But let’s see if he’s learned from that. And let’s see if he gets his hand in his pocket and see what kind of summer dealings we see before we write him off. To me Corney is more to blame  than him. Or does the beginning of the season or the last ten years of scrimping count for nothing ? We were already in a bad position when Al arrived. Still don’t think with a proper manager instead of a clown it would have been critical though. In fact I’m convinced. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

20 hours ago, staffordlatic said:

This for me.

Disastrous day. Absolutely disastrous.

Can't get as often as I'd like to for numerous reasons, and I totally admire those who go week in, week out no matter what. Heroes !

- and I don't use the word lightly!

Numerous reasons why we are in this position  - and too many permutations to go into now. 

To be honest, we've got away with it several seasons before, and been lucky, - this time not so - unfortunately, - but whatever, - life has to go on.

As Worcester Owl says - look at Fergie - whatever your thoughts - he 's a fellow human being, and that's important.

My thoughts go out to Prozac too.  So wished we could get back to the Championship for you!  

Yes, - I wish we had survived, but now we have to face the reality of League 2 unfortunately. 

And yes, - there are some who were out there this season weren't fit to wear the shirt, -as we all know- but that's been the case for a few years now. 

To me, it says it all when our two youngest, - and two defenders at that, -  score for us today ! - and fair play to them. And I think this sums up our season really!

My concerns came weeks ago when I saw players saying they didn't know or weren't worried where we were in the league table.

I'm sorry, - I may be only be an admin assistant with a local Charity, but, if I didn't know where we were in terms of performance, then I would get my rear end kicked- hard!  

Likewise, RW coming out and saying the team were too slow out of the blocks one week, and too quick out of the block the next week, - rang alarm bells.

Anyway, that's all too late now.

I was born in Oldham in 67, and dad's job took us away from the town when I was 4.

I was late to football really , - when I was 7 in 1974, but have been LATICS through and through ever since thanks to him. I took my Adidas school bag with Oldham Athletic proudly blazoned on the side - to school when  I was 11 through to 16 - despite the stick from all the Newcastle and Sunderland fans in the North East, - but didn't care - there was only one team for me, - no matter what. 

I was fortunate to be there - thanks to relatives in Oldham - on our promotion to 1st Division, and proudly sang "Oldham till I die!" with the other 19000 in Boundary Park whilst stood in the "Chaddy". Neil Redfearn - hero!

And that's how it is.

My wife doesn't get it. But it's here - in the heart and the soul of me  - and that's it - end of!

If this club ever folded (Heaven forbid) - then that's me and football done. No supporting City or United as second choices - only one team for me. It runs through my blood, and that's all there is to it!

If we have to do a Wimbledon and come back from 8 leagues down - then so be it. It's in my blood. I can't help it. That's the way I'm made.

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I KNOW I AM , I'M SURE I AM, - I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I know we have a new motto now, but KTF - you know it makes sense ! 

Hang on in there. It ain't going to be an easy ride back, - but this is Latics - expect the unexpected !!

Whereabouts in the NE did you go to school? I was fortunate enough to go to school with Newcastle and Sunderland fans at a time when we were better than them (until Keegan and Cole came along). 

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Anyone see that ripley tweeted get in big George? Must have done that from the bury bench?

Hope George didn't text a reply on his mobile while playing.

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Anyone see that ripley tweeted get in big George? Must have done that from the bury bench?

Is he free.....I wouldn't mind him coming back...purely for football purposes mind you..hahah

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hope George didn't text a reply on his mobile while playing.

He's back at Boro, I reckon if we'd of stayed up he would of been back next season along with the likes of Doyle and Bryan - fuck knows whats going to happen now though.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

This is tin foil hat level of nonsense. 

2 hours ago, kev1969 said:

Thought the same once we knew we had to win why did they not all l

Pile up front.....They had corners near the end we was pulling people back why...

He’s been doing that at corners for weeks. farrrrr to cautious.