Northampton

I’m even angrier today than yesterday.

the team were just not at the races yesterday 

Edmundson and Hamer excepted they should all leave th3 club with their tails between their legs no heart no passion, no skill, no talent, The level of footballing ability was minimal which you expect at this level but it’s the total lack of passion that does it for me,

when you see a crowd like ours it’s not hard to say their aren’t many millionaires it’s takes lots of money, time, effort , planning and fucking passion to go to a game... those players are not worthy of that.

2 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

Edmundson and Hamer excepted they should all leave th3 club with their tails between their legs no heart no passion, no skill, no talent, The level of footballing ability was minimal which you expect at this level but it’s the total lack of passion that does it for me,

when you see a crowd like ours it’s not hard to say their aren’t many millionaires it’s takes lots of money, time, effort , planning and fucking passion to go to a game... those players are not worthy of that.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed...

Actually that is almost true.

We haven't been at the races for some time. Not fired up at all. I noted a few times that RW was blaming the players a fair bit, not holding back and I think that was a key factor in our downfall and for me why I think we need an experienced old hand with form for getting out of this division.

The rookie will only work 1 time in 10.

7 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed...

Actually that is almost true.

We haven't been at the races for some time. Not fired up at all. I noted a few times that RW was blaming the players a fair bit, not holding back and I think that was a key factor in our downfall and for me why I think we need an experienced old hand with form for getting out of this division.

The rookie will only work 1 time in 10.

I’m very worried about the club. The new owner worries me I fear an orient scenario.

get the odd old hand,-gerrard? - a young (local ? ) lads  in who want to give it a go 

id rather see that happen than a stream of useless loanees and disappear without a whimper like Hartlepool  

Edited by 4oakslatic

5 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

I agree and the fans vented their feelings after the game.

Edmundson and Hamer put most but not all of the players to shame.

No wonder that fiasco was cancelled tomorrow.

These youngsters were fit to wear their shirts and have great futures ahead.

Sadly our last games since the win against Blackpool  have been rubbish and considering our plight some of our so called players should take a long look in the mirror before they jet off on their holidays. 

Nearly threw my shirt away after yesterdays game. Glad I didn't it's the badge that matters it's getting a team a team again who are proud to play for Oldham that matters. **** me, League 2!! What a sad state of affairs from where we once were. Fair play to Wellens for getting the job but he hasn't done well since the six game unbeaten run that got him the job. I don't think he is the right man to get us out of League 2. He slated Placide today in the papers, someone who has kept us points in a lot of games this season and now more or less blamed him for going down. As soon as you start turning on players then its time to move on. League 2 aaaaaaaagh!

24 minutes ago, leeflorida said:

Nearly threw my shirt away after yesterdays game. Glad I didn't it's the badge that matters it's getting a team a team again who are proud to play for Oldham that matters. **** me, League 2!! What a sad state of affairs from where we once were. Fair play to Wellens for getting the job but he hasn't done well since the six game unbeaten run that got him the job. I don't think he is the right man to get us out of League 2. He slated Placide today in the papers, someone who has kept us points in a lot of games this season and now more or less blamed him for going down. As soon as you start turning on players then its time to move on. League 2 aaaaaaaagh!

Whilst I agree Wellens has to take his share of the blame, Johnny Placide after a pretty solid start is a complete liability, 100% he has cost us more points than any other individual. He makes some decent camera saves, but he has a terrible habit of palming everything back out towards the opposition strikers, and he has a howler in him, at first his distribution was good, but once teams sussed that after a month or 2 this has become null and void. Not quite in the Budtz bracket but for me he’s on a par with the likes of Dean Brill. Get rid.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

he’s on a par with the likes of Dean Brill. Get rid.

I still shudder thinking of him lining his walls up for direct free kicks. Hopefully we’ll sign a solid 30odd yr old goalkeeper but we’ll probably end up with another foreigner who we’ve never heard of. What’s Joel Coleman up to at Huddersfield?

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Absolute no togetherness. 

Like on the pitch then.

This close season needs yet another clear out. and

our contracted players to work around.

Most of the players have played as if they don't give a ukfc about the fans and club we worship.

We need  leaders with the passion our fans have both as manager and as players.and a team which bonds.

and is not divisive.

With that we will succeed.

We must rid our club of  passengers and egoist and start again with players and a manager who show the same passion for our club.

13 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Take it you saw this with your own eyes ? Did you stay in same hotel ? 

There were plenty of latics fans in the same hotel. Not many the night before but a fair few after. Some didn’t bother with their reservations and went straight home. Too gutted.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

There were plenty of latics fans in the same hotel. Not many the night before but a fair few after. Some didn’t bother with their reservations and went straight home. Too gutted.

So more hear say then ? You didn’t witness it yourself ? 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Like on the pitch then.

Most of the players have played as if they don't give a ukfc about the fans and club we worship.

We need  leaders with the passion our fans have both as manager and as players.and a team which bonds.

and is not divisive.

We must rid our club of  passengers and egoist and start again with players and a manager who show the same passion for our club.

Too all that want togetherness then you need back the current manager to bring in his own players and the chairman stops bringing players he knows who don't have any experience in the country. As RW said in his interview the way this club is run behind the scenes has to change! 

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Like on the pitch then.

and is not divisive.

Making quiet man Doyle captain was a strange one, I'd have given it to a battler like Edmundson or Hamer, no matter how young they are they set an example to others.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Making quiet man Doyle captain was a strange one, I'd have given it to a battler like Edmundson or Hamer, no matter how young they are they set an example to others.

Should have gave it bryne, giving a player like Byrne the captaincy could have got the best out of him

39 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Should have gave it bryne, giving a player like Byrne the captaincy could have got the best out of him

He needs to concentrate on keeping the toys in the pram, do you really think he'd lead by example? - No me neither. Gobbing off at your manager and team mates and failing to follow basic instructions are not the hallmarks of a future captain. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

He needs to concentrate on keeping the toys in the pram, do you really think he'd lead by example? - No me neither. Gobbing off at your manager and team mates and failing to follow basic instructions are not the hallmarks of a future captain. 

Agreed. And  I must say playing your best player out of position and not to his strengths are not hallmarks of a future manager either. 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That pretty clearly sums up how devoid of leaders this squad of players is, doesn't it?

15 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

That pretty clearly sums up how devoid of leaders this squad of players is, doesn't it?

Maybe part of the problem Stevie, few taking responsibility.

Both Edmundson and Hamer will be future captains, whether at this club or not.

On 06/05/2018 at 7:04 PM, Hands on said:

Our Manager didn't care about the outcome of the game.  He was not in control and has subsequently indirectly criticised AL.  It is possible he played the players on the 'suggested' team sheet given him by AL.

Wellens was not the problem.  I fear for our league 2 survival as AL is and remains the problem.

I am happy to chuck lots of criticism the way of Wellens, but one thing I can't say is that he didn't care...

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe part of the problem Stevie, few taking responsibility.

Both Edmundson and Hamer will be future captains, whether at this club or not.

Not seen anything from Hamer that will indicate him being a captain elsewhere. Edmundson seems a leader, I’ll give you that one. 

Although Tarky was quite the leader from his very first appearance and has very rarely captained a side since. I think he’s worn an armband on a handful of occasions. 

Whatve you seen in Hamer that strikes you as a captain BP? Looks a player though. His best performance came at RB though not CB.

Edited by MAC0AFC