League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Signed for FGR

Nothing on their web site yet, but they've signed Jordan Moore-Taylor, a centre back released by MK Dons. FGR are certainly using the uncertainty to mop up players.

I’m not surprised that our club is delaying the signing of players whilst everyone else is getting their business done early.

Less than 500 STs sold but what does the owner and board expect?  Club/fan relationship is rock bottom, club is toxic and we’re even struggling to secure a sponsor for our shirt.  The contempt shown to fans, sponsors and players by our owner is now coming back to hurt him.

Easily solved by signing three or four wow signings to fire interest.  Granted our country is gripped with economic and social uncertainty at the moment but signalling our intent will get the diehards committing even if the first few games are streamed.  Other clubs are doing it.

My concern is that our recruitment is reliant upon travel corridors opening in Middle East, North Africa and other countries that have formed our recruitment policy in the past and will no doubt form it again in the future.  Lessons not learned that we need to capitalise in the domestics markets.

However, I strongly suspect that our owner is potless and the money men he’s relied on in the past aren’t biting this time.  Just proves this £6m to but the ground is a pipe dream - if he had that spare cash then he needs to speculate to accumulate.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

My concern is that our recruitment is reliant upon travel corridors opening in Middle East, North Africa and other countries that have formed our recruitment policy in the past and will no doubt form it again in the future.  Lessons not learned that we need to capitalise in the domestics markets.

That conveniently ignores the signings of Rowe(fee paid), Dearnley and McCann. So maybe some lessons have been learnt?

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Just proves this £6m to but the ground is a pipe dream

Does this also mean that it is a pipe dream expecting to get this much for the ground? Cuts both ways.

15 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

That conveniently ignores the signings of Rowe(fee paid), Dearnley and McCann. So maybe some lessons have been learnt?

Does this also mean that it is a pipe dream expecting to get this much for the ground? Cuts both ways.

And Pidge, who most fans would welcome back.

22 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I’m not surprised that our club is delaying the signing of players whilst everyone else is getting their business done early.

No doubt we are trying, but can't meet the wages being asked. If rumours are correct we've missed out on several already.

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Has anybody heard anything about wether the EFL will help cover no crowds. A solidarity payment for each club?

I know I’m probably dreaming. 

Apparently some MP's want the furlough scheme to continue for lower league clubs.

8 hours ago, al_bro said:

No doubt we are trying, but can't meet the wages being asked. If rumours are correct we've missed out on several already.

Dino told me we've got some contracts essentially locked in but the players are still being paid by their old clubs so we can't announce until 1st of August. AKA we want to keep paying as few players as possible for as long as possible! 

8 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

Dino told me we've got some contracts essentially locked in but the players are still being paid by their old clubs so we can't announce until 1st of August. AKA we want to keep paying as few players as possible for as long as possible! 

Sensible.

9 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

Surely that's the same for any out of contract players already signing for clubs!

Don't call me Shirley 😅.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:15 AM, Jimbooth said:

That's a bit of a weird thing for him to say. AFAIK, players contracts end on 30th June and they are paid a month in arrears, so it's the same for practically every contracted player in the country.

Signing players after the end of July is a tactic used every year, on the basis of players dropping dmands, and you can pick up players unqestionably but if you want half decent players they will not be short of offers. We are well short of players, so cannot afford this tactic for too almost a whole ssquad, other than the rinse/repeat of signing shite.

Players are a lot more likely to sign for another club in the current climate, a) because we have history of not paying, b) they want certainty by signing. Can't see them waiting another month if an alternative contract is in the offing.

The owner isn't in the country, we could lose players we need, and we've seen the effects of that before.

If Harrogate win the National League playoffs then they will start  work almost immediately on replacing their 3G pitch. Until that work is completed they would play home games at a different location. A few years ago they did that whilst work was going on and the venue was Doncaster. They’ve said that they want somewhere closer ( Donny is 45 miles away). Can’t see premier league Leeds wanting league 2 football so it could be Bradford or possibly the new York ground if it meets efl standards. 

53 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

If Harrogate win the National League playoffs then they will start  work almost immediately on replacing their 3G pitch. Until that work is completed they would play home games at a different location. A few years ago they did that whilst work was going on and the venue was Doncaster. They’ve said that they want somewhere closer ( Donny is 45 miles away). Can’t see premier league Leeds wanting league 2 football so it could be Bradford or possibly the new York ground if it meets efl standards. 

Why wouldn't the NY Ground meet EFL standards?

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

York’s new stadium hasn’t been able to hold its test events, so can’t see it being available until 2021. Would love another away day in York though, would probably skip the match to be honest 😂..

This

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

No specific reason just that it hasn’t yet been through any process to have it “certified “ as meeting those standards

Think Dave thought you meant the New York stadium

Archived