End of Season Honours - 2017/18

As another great season almost comes to a close, with only the Championship playoff final still to be decided, I thought I'd confirm the honours for the 2017/18 season.

In the Championship, @singe always looked like the man to beat and so it proved, as he finished eight points clear of @milnrow latics.  Both will be playing Premier League predicting next season.

They will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of @Hometownclub, who in his debut season in the top flight beat past masters, @Ex_pat and @DavidCollinge into second and third place respectively.  No one remembers who finished fourth.

Newcomer, @oafcmetty was victorious in the cup, beating fellow Championship predictor, @aidan_latics in the final.  Metty could yet also win promotion as he faces a259 in the playoff final.

Massive thanks, as always, to the very brilliant (other than his predicting :tongue1:) Bristolatic for the effort he puts into the league tables. 

• Premier League Champion - Hometownclub - £62.50
  • Premier League Runner-up - Ex_pat - £31.25
  • Championship Winner - singe - £62.50
  • Championship Runner-up - milnrow latics - £31.25
  • Cup Winner - oafcmetty - £62.50

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks very much, Hometownclub for the donation to OWTB.  I will hold back your entry money for next season, as requested.

The competition also raised just short of £125 each for both Dr Kershaws and Playershare, which was donated at the start of the season.

:chubb:

Whoo Hoo! In my disappointment of coming second I forgot about the payout.

Stevie, can you please deduct my entrance fee for next year (hopefully £31.25 covers it) and donate the rest to OWTB.

Thanks for all the hard work put in to OWTB and the prediction league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

Whoo Hoo! In my disappointment of coming second I forgot about the payout.

Stevie, can you please deduct my entrance fee for next year (hopefully £31.25 covers it) and donate the rest to OWTB.

Thanks for all the hard work put in to OWTB and the prediction league.

Will do.  Very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Congratulations to all those who triumphed this season. It's been a cracking competition, with newcomers excelling. 

Here's hoping we have at least 50 players again next season. The more that join, the more Dr Kershaw's and Playershare benefit.

As for me, Championship here I come. :shy::disappointed: 

Thanks to everyone that organises this. I too had forgotten about winnings.

I cannot deny that £62.50 would come in handy, but please can you put me down  to pay for next years entry, and split the rest equally between OWTB & Dr Kershaws.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, singe said:

Thanks to everyone that organises this. I too had forgotten about winnings.

I cannot deny that £62.50 would come in handy, but please can you put me down  to pay for next years entry, and split the rest equally between OWTB & Dr Kershaws.

Thanks a lot, singe!

• Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 5:30 PM, milnrow latics said:

A nice surprise finding out there was prize money. Please can you pay me in for next season and donate the remainder to Dr Kershaws. Thank you.

Will do.  Thanks, ML.