The Rep on the board is not a role not all can commit too. That not to put people off but having a grasp of business and to be able committ time to attend board meetings/represent your trust during a typical working week is not for all. I know I don't have the skills or time to do it I know my limits

Secondly when your are accepted to the board it's a business first so you take on the legal responsibilities of running the business even when it's not in a good financial order and the legal consequences of it. Bearing in mind the HMRC raid pre Xmas has not been closed down with.

So having certain skills, commitment and time on a voluntary unpaid basis might bring you to the attention of an organisation that wants you to head hunt you and make you an offer. Yes this happened to Barry and I'll be honest, I'm not privy too anything yet with Simon Brooke as this his is business at the moment....he is a person that will tell us if anthing with regards to a conflict happens. 

Yes he has been at the club helping our club since he took on the Trust role and having him there has put the Trust in a better partnership with the new owner as he previous one was not so welcoming in the end

I believe we are in a better position because of the work he has done and kept us in a dialogue with the new owner and like LL has said the owner wants to work with the trust too

Yes the trust can evolve and if changes need to be made like we did with Batry,  then we will look at it again if it happens

Thanks

Edited by underdog

If the rumblings are true it seems to me the thing he's been working on most is feathering his nest, taken on in a commercial capacity by the club but limited in what he can let the fans know or drip fed is most definitely an unhealthy conflict of interest.

Lets face it if it was Barry currently holding that position he'd be hung drawn and quartered for behaving in such a way, I'd say it's more important time than ever to have an impartial Trust Rep on the board and getting into bed with the new chairman in my opinion is unhealthy.

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

So having certain skills, commitment and time on a voluntary unpaid basis might bring you to the attention of an organisation that wants you to head hunt you and make you an offer. Yes this happened to Barry and I'll be honest, I'm not privy too anything yet with Simon Brooke as this his is business at the moment.... 

The trust don't know if the man from the trust put on the board of directors to be impartial has accepted a job from the club? They don't know if he's already being paid by the club?

As soon as he works for them it's a conflict. No use saying if a conflict arises. It is a conflict ad soon as he's employed by the club as well. 

During what is apparently one of the most turbulent times in our club's recent history, a time people are saying to be going down the path of Chris Moore's tenure or like Leyton Orient, Our impartial man may be on the payroll and NOT impartial?

have I got that right? Correct me if I'm wrong

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s very hard from an average fans point of view to have any inkling of what is or has gone at the club. 

I get the impression you like what you see with AL. You both come across as fair minded. So with the information your privy to, and using your own judgement. Are you confident/happy/positive with our direction of travel under him? 

I dont have any sources, or have any mates of mates at the club. I just want to glean an idea about the bloke from people who have met him, and whilst your not on the board you know a lot more than average joe. 

Im hoping that you’ll tell me we’re not going down the orient route. . . 

You won’t get a answer to this...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The trust don't know if the man from the trust put on the board of directors to be impartial has accepted a job from the club? They don't know if he's already being paid by the club?

As soon as he works for them it's a conflict. No use saying if a conflict arises. It is a conflict ad soon as he's employed by the club as well. 

During what is apparently one of the most turbulent times in our club's recent history, a time people are saying to be going down the path of Chris Moore's tenure or like Leyton Orient, Our impartial man may be on the payroll and NOT impartial?

have I got that right? Correct me if I'm wrong

But the trust was always conflicted as I have stated many times. Purely by having a seat on the board they are bound by the rules of that board and will struggle to be open and frank at all times.  Why can’t people grasp this simple observation. 

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But the trust was always conflicted as I have stated many times. Purely by having a seat on the board they are bound by the rules of that board and will struggle to be open and frank at all times.  Why can’t people grasp this simple observation. 

All to be aired by you at the AGM I hope Kowenicki.

Why is it a conflict of interest?

That statement implies the board and the Trust have difference agendas.  It also suggests that Brooke is corruptible.

Appreciate that the cynics may want the Trust rep to not be an employee of the club.  However, surely if Brooke's role as Commercial Director is to generate income to boost playing budget to succeed on the pitch whilst safeguarding the future off it is the same Trust rep's objective?  Just because you're employed by the club doesn't mean you relinquish being a fan.  Also if you have to make tough decisions on the board then would you disagree as the Trust Rep if it means jeopardising future of the club by foregoing financial responsibilities to fund signings and create a bigger mess?!

I'm still bemused why there is a perceived mistrust of AL.  This guy has pumped in millions thus far to buy the club plus demonstrated his commitment further by pumping hundreds of thousands more into signings.  He's publicly stated he's here long term (granted Moore said the same just before QPR) and his only "crimes" so far is signing his own players he believed would improve us further, alleging undermining the manager and blowing £11k a week on Menig who, on paper, should have ripped us our league.

My one sympathy with Corney is he tried the same as AL but on much limited resources hence leaving the club in a financial mess whilst funding players to succeed on the pitch.  Hopefully AL stops the financial rot whilst able to continue to fund on the pitch.

If I was wealthy then the last thing I'd do is buy my favourite club.  I would want to but you're on a hiding to nothing unless you have the Midas touch on the field.  It's not an exact science - last season proved this.  That squad was more than capable of escaping relegation but tactics and leadership was wrong.  You're criticised when you don't invest then questioned when you sign a Menig...you can never win and hindsight truly is a wonderful thing!

Edited by Midsblue

Why do fans think the other fans who get onto the board or work for the club are purely doing it for their own interests and suddenly don’t care about the club?

I can’t think why any fans would want to do anything but help the club they support.

13 minutes ago, Macca said:

Why do fans think the other fans who get onto the board or work for the club are purely doing it for their own interests and suddenly don’t care about the club?

I can’t think why any fans would want to do anything but help the club they support.

I don't think that's the issue. It's the concern about what can then be shared with the trust from me. 

59 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

He's publicly stated he's here long term (granted Moore said the same just before QPR)

And Moore very definitely was lying through his teeth when he said that.  And that is not with the benefit of hindsight.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Met him a few times, a good genuine very approachable guy who knows the marketing business and has the clubs interest at heart.

Its a good sign to me AL is employing people like Simon.

Agreed. although I have never met him.  There is nothing wrong with having a conflict of interest; it is how you manage it.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Met him a few times, a good genuine very approachable guy who knows the marketing business and has the clubs interest at heart.

Its a good sign to me AL is employing people like Simon.

Yes, we should have heard about it though.

I'd think there is a difference between helping out a bit and being the Commercial Manager.

I think I've ballsed this up a bit.

I wanted to try and get across that Simon has very much worked hard and for free during his tenure as trust rep and Club embassador. Up to Al coming on the scene,  it was becoming increasingly a concern with other trust directors of the treatment of and behaviour towards Simon, that we were in the process of reminding the club of his rights/entitlements not just as a fans rep on board but as a board director he should be treated with the same consideration of any other club employee of the club. We were at the point of seeking legal clarification that some how bad it got for him.

Then Al came on the Scene and rather look like we were rattling our sabres, and on Simons advice, we decided not to rattle the boat.

Al sought to find out more about the trust/trust rep when he became aware of us. Both have since built back up the club/trust relationship to were it is now. I've been on the trust board for 3 years now and Corney never came to see us, Al has made the effort.

If it's a case the relationship changes to employer/employee then yes we will look at this.

If Simon does become a club employee and resigns as trust rep, then I am confident in his skills as an employee of the club and being a fan of the club, that we are moving in the right direction for our club.

We are aiming for the AGM in July,, (date and venue tba) it's not that far away. May I ask for this time for a little patience/breathing time for us all

Thanks

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't think that's the issue. It's the concern about what can then be shared with the trust from me. 

He's doing marketing, I don't see that's a concern sharing with the Trust.

Edited by BP1960

Comparisons to Moore are interesting. Certainly not suggesting AL is a Moore character but Corney certainly was, albeit in a very clever disguise which fooled most fans.

He has left the club in a worst state than when he inherited it, asset stripped over his tenure and we have seen all our means of proper income - viable club shop, fans through the door, Clayton arms - disappear or contract significantly.

he cleared debts when he inherited OAFC but otherwise what he took on was a club in a much better position to progress. We are now starting from a significantly lower base than in 2003. 

Thanks Simon

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

You won’t get a answer to this...

IF that’s the case, then I find the whole situation very sad tbh. It’s one thing emailing Brook, and going, ‘hey Si, what’s this AL fella like?’ I understand why he wouldn’t email back. But then he shouldn’t be on the board in that capacity in the first place because it renders his position utterly pointless. But now your suggesting we won’t get an balanced OPINION from people who are on the pherifery. Sorry but that’s bollocks. The only reason you wouldn’t reply is if you have a very self inflated understanding of what you know. 

Do do I have to come to all the Trust meetings to be part of the club? Do I have to show my unwavering loyalty before I’m given the snippets they know over tea and biscuits? 

I think they stuff they do with raising money for the club is excellent. They give their time, and I get that. Fair play.  BUT that doesn’t mean they’ve a right to know more than me because they can make more meetings than me. 

IF that is the case, then the trust is a little group of people drunk on little bit of power. Sad. 

But then, they might not have the read the post yet. . . ?

Just now, Andy b said:

Comparisons to Moore are interesting. Certainly not suggesting AL is a Moore character but Corney certainly was, albeit in a very clever disguise which fooled most fans.

He has left the club in a worst state than when he inherited it, asset stripped over his tenure and we have seen all our means of proper income - viable club shop, fans through the door, Clayton arms - disappear or contract significantly.

he cleared debts when he inherited OAFC but otherwise what he took on was a club in a much better position to progress. We are now starting from a significantly lower base than in 2003. 

Thanks Simon

Corney that is not Brooke!

22 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Absolute nonsense.  Moore was a convicted fraudster for God's sake.  No comparison whatsoever.

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Not when he owned us he wasn’t 

Well no, he hadn't been caught!

Committing the fraud which enable the "value" of his shareholding in Torex to be massively overstated facilitated his purchase of the club.