Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I prefer him at right back but assume Mills will be playing there. 

Hope we get some experience in alongside him if he's playing at CB.

Agree about RB but he still gets himself out of shape there. The thought of him as the senior CB with Stott playing his 8th proper game or Sefil on debut is giving me The Fear

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...you could've said the same of Tarky at one stage. He's about to go for £40m if some journos are to be believed......

You could've, but you'd have been completely wrong... Tarky was organising the line from day one, he cost a few goals with poor decisions but Helen Keller could see and hear that he was an exceptional talent

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

I'd rather sign someone in form and with a recent promotion to his name than a (for example) Chris O Grady from the higher leagues etc. Wouldn't say people were getting giddy...just happy to be linked with someone that has something about them that they can hopefully bring to the table. Although if reports are true, we will be missing out on McFadzean.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

True. For example, I didn't buy the Zak Clough rumours. It isn't specific to Oldham Athletic tho. All clubs do it. Christ, the red scum down the road have a full XI they're signing in the summer only to get none and a few lesser alternatives instead.

Another reason why waiting and seeing what we do sign is a better way to be.

I believe we've been in for both.

One's on a massive contract currently and his club up to now have refused on the grounds what we can contribute, the other would have liked to stay local but a south coast club have offered above 4K a week

18 hours ago, Lags said:

I believe we've been in for both.

One's on a massive contract currently and his club up to now have refused on the grounds what we can contribute, the other would have liked to stay local but a south coast club have offered above 4K a week

Zak Clough is on £14k a week at Forest

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Presumably he wasn't poor when they offered him the contract.

He was poor. My brother, dad and a couple of mates who support Dale and go to most games don’t rate him.  The game I went to when he played he was worse than poor.  So yes, he was poor when they offered him a contract. It happens. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was poor. My brother, dad and a couple of mates who support Dale and go to most games don’t rate him.  The game I went to when he played he was worse than poor.  So yes, he was poor when they offered him a contract. It happens. 

Spoke to a mate from the Nottingham Post for some possible intel. He said he can't see Clough coming to League 2....

25 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Spoke to a mate from the Nottingham Post for some possible intel. He said he can't see Clough coming to League 2....

Me neither. 

He is undoubtedly a talent. Just lost his way at the moment. Needs a restart. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

That's that then, all over for the lad.

3 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Anyone heard if Baxter has got himself sorted with a new club yet? Still think a 6-month contract for him wouldn't be the worst move if not AND if he's kept himself in reasonable shape...

Yeah, I'm sure he'd snap our hands off for that.

22 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Anyone heard if Baxter has got himself sorted with a new club yet? Still think a 6-month contract for him wouldn't be the worst move if not AND if he's kept himself in reasonable shape...

Apparently turned down a conference team, apparently wants to go abroad 🤷‍♂️

Archived