Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Yep, not the well known Ajaccio, but they were actually in Ligue 2 last season, the very much professional second tier in France, not the semi pro third tier.

Sadly got relegated with the better known rivals relegated for financial issues but reprieved on appeal. 

Their crowd for play off to avoid relegation was 3,500 in an 8k stadium. V Le Mans.

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What’s the big obsession with this donkey Wheater ? 

Hes considerably better than what we've got. Not that he will be playing for next year like.

Hes also proof that football journalist's read these message boards put 2 and 2 together and get 50.

24 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

When was the last time you saw him play and how often do you watch him ? 

Im going out on a limb here I know but Im guessing someone who has spent the last 15 years making 400 career appearances above the level we are at now mainly in the top 2 divisions and is paid 5 figures a week to do so just might be abit better than Big Sef. I can't guarantee it obviously but Im sticking my neck out here and saying he is.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im going out on a limp here I know but Im guessing someone who has spent the last 15 years making 400 career appearances above the level we are at now mainly in the top 2 divisions and is paid 5 figures a week to do so just might be abit better than Big Sef.

He could also be over the hill. How many have we seen over the years coming with this pedigree and they are shot !!!

oh yeah , and you said limp at the beginning instead of limb 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He could fit the bill as the experienced older head that we need at centre half.

Very experienced at a higher level than us, he’s only 32. Could be a natural replacement for Clarkey. Definitely worth a try I’d say. ⚽

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He could also be over the hill. How many have we seen over the years coming with this pedigree and they are shot !!!

oh yeah , and you said limp at the beginning instead of limb 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I've made worse spelling mistakes in fairness :)

Capital O at the start of that last sentence B)

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He'd be an upgrade on Clarke and possibly play to a similar age as he's also the type who pace has never been a big part of his game.

Would be an amazing signing but I'm still intrigued to see if playing with two younger, quicker CB's would allow us to play a higher line, be more attacking...

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He'd be an upgrade on Clarke and possibly play to a similar age as he's also the type who pace has never been a big part of his game.

Would be an amazing signing but I'm still intrigued to see if playing with two younger, quicker CB's would allow us to play a higher line, be more attacking...

Agree Wheater would be good for us BUT wholly dependant on wages. Suspect way out of our price bracket.

I`m intrigued as to who these 2 younger, quicker centre backs are? (Stott certainly ain't quick - although I think he'll develop very well given the chance).

Now..... if it was 2 gems like Paul Warhurst (as quick as any player I`ve ever seen) and "you'll never beat" Earl Barrett - I would be in total agreement.

54 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Agree Wheater would be good for us BUT wholly dependant on wages. Suspect way out of our price bracket.

I`m intrigued as to who these 2 younger, quicker centre backs are? (Stott certainly ain't quick - although I think he'll develop very well given the chance).

Now..... if it was 2 gems like Paul Warhurst (as quick as any player I`ve ever seen) and "you'll never beat" Earl Barrett - I would be in total agreement.

They’d still do a job 

The rumour about Wheater may be total nonsense.  But I think he would be a great signing.  A leader, a dominant centre half, and not bad at the other end of the pitch from set pieces if I recall.  He also seems like a good bloke; I seem to remember he was let go by Bolton a couple of years ago but as he was settled in the area he agreed to come back on a reduced salary.  Anyway, we probably won't sign him, but I'd be more than happy if we did.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Strange how we all revert back to the players we had, rather than the players we're now stuck with 😂

Archived