Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Alan Hansen , not sure he’s a scouser, played for them , but well and truly 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Ha ha yes my very bad error there, I actually nearly put Scottish first but that was because I was thinking of Fergie 

9 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Are the noises raucous laughter?

Well, I was going to add "More chance of John Lydon*" at the end, but didn't want to be left with egg on my face come Wednesday afternoon...

*I am aware they're spelt differently...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, I was going to add "More chance of John Lydon*" at the end, but didn't want to be left with egg on my face come Wednesday afternoon...

*I am aware they're spelt differently...

You'd have butter on your face rather than egg 

I think the signings of the likes of Woods, Mills and Wilson are fine, British players who know the leagues but the latest foreign recruits Im sorry, do absolutely nothing for me other than make me worry about the season ahead. Throw in Vera, Sefil etc I am seriously worried. There is absolutely no chance of us getting promoted with this squad, no chance at all, the only thing to hope for is staying up, plain and simple 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

I'm still awaiting for the "100 %" better budget to be spent ...

But I've read today they're only 100 or so sales short of last season's total. Should be some big signings in soon with the budget increase.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I remember when I used to think Andy Ritchies class off 99 which was dragged to safety by John Sheridan was the worst Oldham Athletic team of all time.

I honestly reckon they would wipe the floor with the current side.

And most of them are in their forties.....

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I remember when I used to think Andy Ritchies class off 99 which was dragged to safety by John Sheridan was the worst Oldham Athletic team of all time.

I honestly reckon they would wipe the floor with the current side.

Was only having a similar conversation at the weekend. My match going pals and I used to often shake our heads in disbelief at the likes of Allott, Tipton and the McNivens et all, but looking back most of those were world beaters compared to what we have now. I predict a difficult season ahead, just as well I’m still boycotting. 

4 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Was only having a similar conversation at the weekend. My match going pals and I used to often shake our heads in disbelief at the likes of Allott, Tipton and the McNivens et all, but looking back most of those were world beaters compared to what we have now. I predict a difficult season ahead, just as well I’m still boycotting. 

Given only 4 clubs will get promoted the odds are heavily in your favour. Shame you're boycotting and I guess you'll not be too bother to be right

7 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Was only having a similar conversation at the weekend. My match going pals and I used to often shake our heads in disbelief at the likes of Allott, Tipton and the McNivens et all, but looking back most of those were world beaters compared to what we have now. I predict a difficult season ahead, just as well I’m still boycotting. Unless we started winning of course 

Finished your post for ya Mr V

On 6/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Striker from the Slovenian League , skinny French midfielder and an Auxerre B team player all imminent. There was also talk of a lad at Leicester, but don't know how true that is...

It was Slovakia, not Slovenia. My bad...

26 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m boycotting home games and have been since March and only plan on going to away games at grounds I haven’t yet been on. First one was going to be Carlisle, but Mrs V beat me to it last week and booked that day out, so Newport I think will be my first match of the season. I’m a stubborn bastard and neither you or anyone else will see me inside BP until the 🤡’s have gone for good. 

34 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So what if he is so what if Im doing the same thing. Looking at the squad right now a season ticket doesnt look good value for money I'll be happy to be proved wrong and if I do people will come back. But at the moment any money going towards the club right now will be badly spent. 

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So what if he is so what if Im doing the same thing. Looking at the squad right now a season ticket doesnt look good value for money I'll be happy to be proved wrong and if I do people will come back. But at the moment any money going towards the club right now will be badly spent. 

Price of your season ticket could put our Vera up in the Malmaison for three nights, bargain.

19 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Garnett and Thom at the centre of defence. Even a division above, that lot had to be worse than what we've got now.

They are both starting in this team.

Garnett would probably be a better captain than Maouche aswell.

20 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He didn't make a single appearance and Benin scored 4 goals in 8 games, going out in the QFs. 

I think my sarcasm may have been missed in the frequent scoring games. Maybe they would have scored more had he played...

16 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Garnett and Thom at the centre of defence. Even a division above, that lot had to be worse than what we've got now.

Wiki says old Garnett played 170 times for latics, all in a division or two above where we are now.

Bought twice for over £150k. Not sure Ashton United would send a young Garnett back early from a loan.

Not a centre half in the club anywhere near him. 

17 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Wiki says old Garnett played 170 times for latics, all in a division or two above where we are now.

Bought twice for over £150k. Not sure Ashton United would send a young Garnett back early from a loan.

Not a centre half in the club anywhere near him. 

They were bad times.

Archived