Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Because I'm feeling quite random today, I used to work with a guy (traffic warden supervisor) who had been in the Foreign Legion and had had all his teeth pulled out with pliers whilst he was hanging upside down from a rope. He later became a mercenary in Africa and was on death row after getting captured but survived when the tide turned. His mate was an Armenian guy who has been nightclubbing with Osama bin Laden and several of his brothers.

Can he play at CB? 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

No, it's just common sense that a non elite foreign coach will be more comfortable working with his compatriots.

I suspect without the homegrown quotas we'd be watching a team of 11 foreigners.

What, his compatriots from Curacao and Benin plus others I have probably forgotten?  This along with numerous comments about how they'll cope on a cold wet February evening are like going back to the 70s!

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

This close season I’ve never read so many sightings in or around our ground, pre-season matches or training ground yet they disappear elsewhere.  

Our supposed super agent should be closing deals using his skill and experience.

Wheres this 100% increase on budget?  We’ve cut last season massively so our coffers must be swelling.  

Demonstrate signal of intent - Lang, Wheater, Lyden and a creative midfielder at very least.  Bring Baxter back on a performance related pay linked to fitness and win bonus.

Baxter gone to Plymouth.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What, his compatriots from Curacao and Benin plus others I have probably forgotten?  This along with numerous comments about how they'll cope on a cold wet February evening are like going back to the 70s!

Not without foundation though.

1 hour ago, parigby said:

Baxter gone to Plymouth.

Baxter, Lang, Lydon, wheater etc are a piped dream or confined to the memory banks. 

The foreign legion seems to be the way ahead now for better or worse. 

Relegation battle anyone? 

7 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m totally out of the Loop, who’s Fage and Gonzales?

Dylan Fage 20. Defender. Auxerre U19's. 

Florian Gonzales. 20. Blonde top. hair Midfielder Auxerre u17

Been around for over a month.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Would hope one of the loans is a central defender. But even then would still leave a gap for an experienced cb. Essential if we want to get anywhere this season. 

I'm more concerned at where the goals are coming from...

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Would hope one of the loans is a central defender. But even then would still leave a gap for an experienced cb. Essential if we want to get anywhere this season. 

This is an absolute must.. I'm really at loss in understanding why we didn't make this a priority once the season ended 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm more concerned at where the goals are coming from...

I think we’ll have enough to compete toward the top of the bottom half. 

Decent cb should cement our mid table spot. 

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Trialists from Auxerre. Dylan and Florian respectively 

Thanks sir, wow, I barely recognise these players and I barely recognise this forum anymore. It’s my fault for not trawling through the endless pages looking for incoming players!!😂

Archived