Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Egert was highly rated before his injuries, played in the Czech Republic before moving to England to study at university. Started training/playing for Derby uni & Mickleover sports but John McGrath (former burton player, manager of Mickleover) rang Clough to say he was far to good for that level and ended up signing for Burton when they were in the championship.

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

In fairness we’re all assuming the foreign lads who have joined are no good but perhaps it’s  possible that they can actually play .....guess we’ll start to find out next Saturday

Don't be sensible..... That's not fitting in. 

They may well be gash, they are league 2 after all. I'll know 10 or so games in

Think we all have to remember that we aren't league one anymore hoping for a top half push. We r in league two where 90% of teams are shite. The key to this league is consistency. Wether it's french or English, world beater or crap, we just need a team that can be consistent coz last season we were vary rarely pummelled and some not very good players got promoted with their teams

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Think we all have to remember that we aren't league one anymore hoping for a top half push. We r in league two where 90% of teams are shite. The key to this league is consistency. Wether it's french or English, world beater or crap, we just need a team that can be consistent coz last season we were vary rarely pummelled and some not very good players got promoted with their teams

Fair point about consistency, unfortunately we've managed to retain the inconsistent ones who pick and choose when they want to perform.

12 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

You have a point but other teams in this league have made some decent signings and aren't looking too shabby. We have to be able to compete with them in order to get out of this league which surely must be the aim 

24 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Nothing screams consistency like a team of Carlos Kickaballs being coached by someone who has no experience of the league.

I agree. Plymouth especially look like bury mk.ll lol. But notts county made good signings, Mansfield did for a few seasons. They haven't worked out. I'm just a very hopeful type of person lol. Hoping we have brought in more misillious n Nepos rather than Vera's lol

2 hours ago, Lags said:

Don't be sensible..... That's not fitting in. 

They may well be gash, they are league 2 after all. I'll know 10 or so games in

Every team in league two is surprisingly full of league two players.I guess we'll soon find out who's got the best ones.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I genuinely fear 4 + hammering off Forrest green. 

I don't think anyone should be fearful or confident in equal terms as we really don't know what we have in half our team and we haven't got a clue what fgr have got. For all you no they could have had a shocker of a preseason n we walk it. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Can it be any worse than turning up there last season and and finding out we had a one man strike force of Chris O'Grady. 

FAKE NEWS. Giles Coke started as a split striker but didn't have the pace to support COG. Happy days.

Archived