Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominic McHale? Never heard of the lad but a quick search on wiki shows he’s moved from local lower non-league club to local lower non-league club and hasn’t stuck at any of them. Only 23 but why on earth would we be after someone that can’t stick at FCUM? Does anyone know something I don’t?

43 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Dominic McHale? Never heard of the lad but a quick search on wiki shows he’s moved from local lower league club to local lower league club and hasn’t stuck at any of them. Only 23 but why on earth would we be after someone that can’t stick at FCUM? Does anyone know something I don’t?

Already a journeyman at 23, came through Citys academy but done nothing since in non league

44 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Dominic McHale? Never heard of the lad but a quick search on wiki shows he’s moved from local lower non - league club to local lower non - league club and hasn’t stuck at any of them. Only 23 but why on earth would we be after someone that can’t stick at FCUM? Does anyone know something I don’t?

FIFY. He went to a club in Cyprus as well, but only played 10 games. Some pedigree, that.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

FIFY. He went to a club in Cyprus as well, but only played 10 games. Some pedigree, that.

Thanks Bristol - that’s what I meant to type. Can’t get my head round why we’d be interested in a player with that history unless he’s had personal/off-field issues etc that have affected his career.

2 hours ago, south east latic said:

Dominic McHale? Never heard of the lad but a quick search on wiki shows he’s moved from local lower non-league club to local lower non-league club and hasn’t stuck at any of them. Only 23 but why on earth would we be after someone that can’t stick at FCUM? Does anyone know something I don’t?

He's poor, won't get into the team even though it's bang average, suspect he's just here to fulfill quotas and probably earning about 200 quid a week if he's lucky.

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's poor, won't get into the team even though it's bang average, suspect he's just here to fulfill quotas and probably earning about 200 quid a week if he's lucky.

If that's the case 18yo Callam Dolan the wide player who shone for Ashton United against Latics this week should be preferred. He gave our hot prospect Swarby a difficult time.  Good control, distribution, can  beat a man and shoot. At least he showed the promise of something to work on.

Nothing lost by giving him a trial.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If that's the case 18yo Callam Dolan the wide player who shone for Ashton United against Latics this week should be preferred. He gave our hot prospect Swarby a difficult time.  Good control, distribution, can  beat a man and shoot. At least he showed the promise of something to work on.

Nothing lost by giving him a trial.

He doesn’t speak French 

25 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He doesn’t speak French 

And he's not one of AL's/ML's boys. Then again, neither are Woods, Zabret, Wilson, Mills. So who is doing the recruiting and having the final say? It's all very odd.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And he's not one of AL's/ML's boys. Then again, neither are Woods, Zabret, Wilson, Mills. So who is doing the recruiting and having the final say? It's all very odd.

No idea, but I like the signings of Woods, Wilson and Mills. We just need about 4 more quality additions to compete. Which we won’t get 

20 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Think we all have to remember that we aren't league one anymore hoping for a top half push. We r in league two where 90% of teams are shite. The key to this league is consistency. Wether it's french or English, world beater or crap, we just need a team that can be consistent coz last season we were vary rarely pummelled and some not very good players got promoted with their teams

Last season we had a defence and a decent goalkeeper, They have gone and what is left has been carved open far too easily. Both goalkeepers look suspect to me. 

18 hours ago, latics22 said:

They couldn't afford his wages? What and hes rocked up here 😂

Yep, and when he left Burton he couldn't find a club here, and finished up in an arab team where he got his bad injury.

Archived