Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

BP you just read that on twitter from one of the biggest wind up merchants 😂

To be fair I've come on here to ask if anyone can confirm he's been seen at training. Can't believe those random twitter rumours most of the time. In all seriousness I hope it's true, I'll feel a hell of a lot better about Saturday if we had Wheater signed up. Without him, or any other defender signing I really fear for the season. Judging by the recent pre season performances relegation could be a real threat unless we get in a couple of centre halves.

Said it when he was on loan and then again when he signed permanently, that Iacovitti is crap. If it's Him and Stott at centre half all season then we are in big trouble. If it's Sefil and Stott it will be even worse. 

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I believe Fleetwood want to try and get their centre back Morgan out before signing Clarke. That would be a good signing for us...

You heard something or just your personal thoughts ?

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nah, just think he's the type of defender we need...

Given financially AL has sorted us out and the playing budget is better than last year I'd think this Morgan fella isn't as good as the targets we will bring in. We must have loads spare after losing the wages of Clarke, Hunt, Dummington  and Baxter et al and we've only brought in poverty so far.

AL is a step up from Corney apparently and he only brought in shite like Byrne, Bryan and Doyle at the start of his last full season.

I'm expecting big things this week. 

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Given financially AL has sorted us out and the playing budget is better than last year I'd think this Morgan fella isn't as good as the targets we will bring in. We must have loads spare after losing the wages of Clarke, Hunt, Dummington  and Baxter et al and we've only brought in poverty so far.

AL is a step up from Corney apparently and he only brought in shite like Byrne, Bryan and Doyle at the start of his last full season.

I know. Remember 100% bigger budget than last season as said by the trust's notes. 

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I know. Remember 100% bigger budget than last season as said by the trust's notes. 

Its been repeated time and again that he actually said the budget will be bigger, 100%. Which to me means it could be a penny more than last seasons - still find that hard to believe though unless he's got a couple of wonder signings in the horizon. 

28 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I think this is us now, it's scary with what Ive seen of us albeit friendlys but a good number of the players don't look up to it. I sometimes wonder if the chairman is just fixated with this French speaking player thing or he has genuinely reached out to some decent players who just won't come here. 

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Its been repeated time and again that he actually said the budget will be bigger, 100%. Which to me means it could be a penny more than last seasons - still find that hard to believe though unless he's got a couple of wonder signings in the horizon. 

Better plus the GE money.

Even if it was the same I would be buzzing as we have lost the wages of Baxter, Hunt, Clark, Dummington, Gerrard from this time last year.

It is sooooo exciting to see Big Mo unleash himself with such backing. 

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Said it when he was on loan and then again when he signed permanently, that Iacovitti is crap. 

What am I missing with Iacovitti? He doesn't appear to be a world beater but he's looked perfectly fine for this shit league when I've seen him... 

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Better plus the GE money.

Even if it was the same I would be buzzing as we have lost the wages of Baxter, Hunt, Clark, Dummington, Gerrard from this time last year.

It is sooooo exciting to see Big Mo unleash himself with such backing. 

Thing is, you, me and next door's cat have no idea how much any of the departed players were on. Or how much the new players are on. Scarily, the wages could be just the same.

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What am I missing with Iacovitti? He doesn't appear to be a world beater but he's looked perfectly fine for this shit league when I've seen him... 

I don't know what you're missing exactly, but I've seen him play 7 or 8 times now and he's been our worst player on the pitch every single time. Don't get why we offered him a contract, thought after his loan "Well he was terrible, he'll be in the 7th division in 2 or 3 years" Yet we give the lad a 2 year deal. Don't get it. Don't even think he'd get in Stalybridge Celtics team yet here he is, 1st name of the defensive team sheet. Absolutely boggles the mind

Archived