Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What am I missing with Iacovitti? He doesn't appear to be a world beater but he's looked perfectly fine for this shit league when I've seen him... 

He doesn’t offer anything going forward, which a full back should do. He also got beat a lot defensively when I’ve seen him play. So yeah, pretty dump 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JTM said:

I don't know what you're missing exactly, but I've seen him play 7 or 8 times now and he's been our worst player on the pitch every single time. Don't get why we offered him a contract, thought after his loan "Well he was terrible, he'll be in the 7th division in 2 or 3 years" Yet we give the lad a 2 year deal. Don't get it. Don't even think he'd get in Stalybridge Celtics team yet here he is, 1st name of the defensive team sheet. Absolutely boggles the mind

Not been impressive at all, I thought it terrible he gave the teenage trialist number 15 no service at all on Saturday, always cutting inside, in effect keeping him out of the game.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not been impressive at all, I thought it terrible he gave the teenage trialist number 15 no service at all on Saturday, always cutting inside, in effect keeping him out of the game.

I was thinking the same. No.15 must've shagged his wife or summat 😂

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

I was thinking the same. No.15 must've shagged his wife or summat 😂

This is the same lad who was so impressive for Burton Albion's first team in pre season friendlies but for priorities in other positions might well have signed for them. 

I imagine he got better service there though.

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This is the same lad who was so impressive for Burton Albion's first team in pre season friendlies but for priorities in other positions might well have signed for them. 

I imagine he got better service there though.

I thought the Burton lad was Egert the CB?

30 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I thought the Burton lad was Egert the CB?

No the lad who scored the first for Ashton had been on trial at Burton all pre-season. He played for Ashton so we could get a look at him and then we gave him a run out at Stockport and never gave him the ball.

my Alty supporting mate said they raved about him but couldn’t guarantee him game time last season when they were pushing for the playoffs.

hes only 18, I’d take him as a work in progress not forgetting he still looks better than most the other triallists

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

What am I missing with Iacovitti? He doesn't appear to be a world beater but he's looked perfectly fine for this shit league when I've seen him... 

Scholes apparently didn't like him but he was offered a contract. Means he is shite in most peoples eyes. Looked to me like a decent enough league 2 left back. Should never play CB again though

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Scholes apparently didn't like him but he was offered a contract. Means he is shite in most peoples eyes. Looked to me like a decent enough league 2 left back. Should never play CB again though

Hamer is no centre back neither, Stott should do okay at this level but for me could do with a Clarke 'type' to partner him, must admit I'm not a fan of Lacovetti, he doesn't have the right attitude for me and his positioning at times on Saturday was woeful but that may just have been a one off as nobody came out of that game with any credit.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hamer is no centre back neither, Stott should do okay at this level but for me could do with a Clarke 'type' to partner him, must admit I'm not a fan of Lacovetti, he doesn't have the right attitude for me and his positioning at times on Saturday was woeful but that may just have been a one off as nobody came out of that game with any credit.

100% this. Willing to let Stott come through. We generally breed decent  youth CBs, and Stott has looked competent for the most part when given a chance. He cant be expected to become error free with 5 minutes here and there. And Stockport seemed to love him there. Sefil, and the lack of anyone else is what worries me. We currently have a shit defense, and are 1 injury away from square pegs in round holes.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm currently watching Egert go through some intense training. Expecting him, McHale, Fage and Gonzales to be announced soon...

Any pictures of this training please? Only have your word for it 😎

Hard to get remotely excited about any of these signing, although I hope Egert might bring some quality to the squad.

You can tell it’s been an uninspiring transfer window when you’re desperately hoping that the blank squad numbers go to decent loan signings.

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Hard to get remotely excited about any of these signing, although I hope Egert might bring some quality to the squad.

You can tell it’s been an uninspiring transfer window when you’re desperately hoping that the blank squad numbers go to decent loan signings.

Agreed

I said in the FGR thread that we were 5 players short of getting a result, I wouldn't count any of the expected incomings mentioned above towards the 5 I think we need.

So was this Wheater rumour just that?  Sightings of his Range Rover with private plates and him training with us a load of tosh?

3 days and counting for the Clown to preview us wrong.... or prove us right.

24 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

So was this Wheater rumour just that?  Sightings of his Range Rover with private plates and him training with us a load of tosh?

If Wheater is not paid in July then he can leave Notlob (allegedly) So I confidently expect him to sign on Thursday 😉

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

100%. Amazed anyone genuinely fell for this 😂

Archived