Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

One silver lining - listening to Roy try and pronounce that lot should be gold 

He will be the first commentator to only use first names 😂. He might set a trend n we will see it at the world cup. Long kick from Jordan knock on from Harry and Raheems in he squares it to Jessie and it's aaaaaaaaa gooooaaaallllkick

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Can the EFL step in if they believe we’re throwing the league by intentionally playing an understrength team?

In honesty, these latest signings haven’t been signed based on playing ability have they?

If the trust weren't shareholders in the club I would be expecting them ask the footballing authorities to take a look at our recent 'sigings'.

5 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

If the trust weren't shareholders in the club I would be expecting them ask the footballing authorities to take a look at our recent 'sigings'.

I’m sure he Trust will look into it and post a statement saying they are looking into it

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m sure he Trust will look into it and post a statement saying they are looking into it

Thing is, we all know this is being done on the cheap and an agent friend of AL is filling our squad with this shite in the hope one of them gets a big move and they split the cash..

We need this twat out of our club quickly before its too late..

21 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

For me, the Trust should fuck their 3 percent off and set up as an independent Supporters Trust. The 3 percent they have gives them absolutely naff all - he's still going to run it however he wants...

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

For me, the Trust should fuck their 3 percent off and set up as an independent Supporters Trust. The 3 percent they have gives them absolutely naff all - he's still going to run it however he wants...

Spot on

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Keep it and decline the seat on the board would be my preferred option.  It comes with no obligations.

45 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Thing is, we all know this is being done on the cheap and an agent friend of AL is filling our squad with this shite in the hope one of them gets a big move and they split the cash..

We need this twat out of our club quickly before its too late..

Ah so THAT’s the plan. Fucking shambles 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Keep it and decline the seat on the board would be my preferred option.  It comes with no obligations.

You'd hope being able to see the P&L would help, but it's then confidential.

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I’ve been saying that for years. 

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Couldn't someone else, anyone else, set up an Independent Supporters Trust? 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Couldn't someone else, anyone else, set up an Independent Supporters Trust? 

When Corney was in charge I met with the Trust Chairman and a Trust director and put those 2 points to them i.e. I thought it best that the Trust go independent and be the force to gel the fans. They refused. I met another Trust director earlier this year and re-iterated the points - didn't see it as a priority in the greater scheme of things. Asked me to join the Trust - declined because I don't feel it's in the correct format to achieve anything sustantial. Got slated by a few on here several times. Not saying "told you so" but it's obvious to the proverbial blind man with a stick that we'd be in a much better position NOW if the Trust had ditched their 3% and become independent. We would have a stong voice.

I agreed, with the Trust Chairman, not to try and set up an independent group myself in the interest of Latics' fans i.e. because it would fragment an already small supporter base. Now, that position is even worse because we are truly splintered i.e. Trust, FLG, the facebook AL supporting group..... is there really room for a "new" independent group?

That said, I understand Trust membership is not very large (and I`ve found out it was minimal when I initially met them) so, if things get off to a poor start this season, the idea may need re-visiting.

Loathe to do it for reasons already touched on but surely the Trust must realise they are failing the fans in some respects now?

Final point - it might make sense for an "independent group" to morph from the FLG. They are to offer a shareholding to fans - maybe an opportunity at the same time to bring everyone together (or at least those who've seen enough of this horror show) under one supporters' banner?

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

When Corney was in charge I met with the Trust Chairman and a Trust director and put those 2 points to them i.e. I thought it best that the Trust go independent and be the force to gel the fans. They refused. I met another Trust director earlier this year and re-iterated the points - didn't see it as a priority in the greater scheme of things. Asked me to join the Trust - declined because I don't feel it's in the correct format to achieve anything sustantial. Got slated by a few on here several times. Not saying "told you so" but it's obvious to the proverbial blind man with a stick that we'd be in a much better position NOW if the Trust had ditched their 3% and become independent. We would have a stong voice.

I agreed, with the Trust Chairman, not to try and set up an independent group myself in the interest of Latics' fans i.e. because it would fragment an already small supporter base. Now, that position is even worse because we are truly splintered i.e. Trust, FLG, the facebook AL supporting group..... is there really room for a "new" independent group?

That said, I understand Trust membership is not very large (and I`ve found out it was minimal when I initially met them) so, if things get off to a poor start this season, the idea may need re-visiting.

Loathe to do it for reasons already touched on but surely the Trust must realise they are failing the fans in some respects now?

Final point - it might make sense for an "independent group" to morph from the FLG. They are to offer a shareholding to fans - maybe an opportunity at the same time to bring everyone together (or at least those who've seen enough of this horror show) under one supporters' banner?

What does going independent mean and what difference would it make?  I can seethe conflicts that are inherent in having a board director bring ut that's about it isn't it? 

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What does going independent mean and what difference would it make?  I can seethe conflicts that are inherent in having a board director bring ut that's about it isn't it? 

Whilst I've always held the view the Supporters Association should be independent setting one up now would just further fragment what is already a shitty situation between the club and the FLG, it looks like a situation is manifesting  itself where you have to choose sides but surely we all want the same thing?

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I've always held the view the Supporters Association should be independent setting one up now would just further fragment what is already a shitty situation between the club and the FLG, it looks like a situation is manifesting  itself where you have to choose sides but surely we all want the same thing?

Totally agree. However, how we do unite those voices if not through some sort of supporter group platform? The trust is the obvious one, but I think it's safe to say most feel they lack follow through when holding the club accountable. The situation is further compounded by the fact we now have no effective media in the town (the Chron) to also challenge the club. Sadly this means they continue to get a free ride (until results get that bad we get ugly scenes at a football match - which nobody wants). I'm usually pretty optimistic, but this is probably the lowest I've felt in 30+ years of supporting my club.

If they can't hold the club to account now then there's no chance of doing so as an independent.

No, best to sit tight, do what you can whilst the two fuckwits are still here and see how the land lies when they hand the keys back.

32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If they can't hold the club to account now then there's no chance of doing so as an independent.

No, best to sit tight, do what you can whilst the two fuckwits are still here and see how the land lies when they hand the keys back.

Genuinely don't see the share holding as the issue. I thought that was simply a protection to ensure the fans had a voice at boardroom level? It's what you do with that voice that counts and unites the fans. I do believe this can't have been an easy task, given what appears to be a lack of engagement by the owner with the Trust, but I'm not sure when enough is enough. It probably can (and will) get much worse from here, then I'll guess we'll see.

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yet FSA advocate we are in a better position having this because of the legal entitlement it brings.

If however we are then being denied our legal entitlement, we have options we did not have under Corney.

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yet FSA advocate we are in a better position having this because of the legal entitlement it brings.

If however we are then being denied our legal entitlement, we have options we did not have under Corney.

With the greatest respect, how much belly rubbing and how many “statements” is too much to take options - 2 years in the guy hasn’t even had a board meeting and I see nothing to suggest that the upcoming one (if it happens) is anything more than a box ticking exercise.

options are worth fuck all unless willing to use them

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We as fans want the same thing. One group might deliver that for the fans. One certainly won’t. 

Archived