Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Do Notlob fans still rave about him?

Got badly exposed at Champ level last season with lack of pace and mobility, but were hoping he'd stay to guide them through what will be a tricky season in L1. Comes as advertised with organising ability and enjoys the difficult dirty parts of centre half play. I've met him a few times, absolutely brilliant feller.

Frankly, despite everything else going on, news of DW signing comes as a massive relief.

Also the report on Eagles is that his go-to move was to beat his man first, then put a cross in, so if he's lost that extra step, and bit of agility, he won't be half the player he was. But technically excellent, and an above average set-piece taker. Should score a few few free kicks.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit disconcerting that appears only us and Salford were in for him...

Bit disconcerting how, although fans have rightly been disapproving of AL, now he's coming through with a couple of very good signings Ur still trying to find bad in it.... Only us and Salford have made serious offers, maybe coz clubs can't afford his wage, maybe he's point blank turned clubs down straight away, or maybe because from the start he said he wants to stay north west based...

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bit disconcerting how, although fans have rightly been disapproving of AL, now he's coming through with a couple of very good signings Ur still trying to find bad in it.... Only us and Salford have made serious offers, maybe coz clubs can't afford his wage, maybe he's point blank turned clubs down straight away, or maybe because from the start he said he wants to stay north west based...

One good signing... That isn’t even confirmed yet

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Ignore him. He’s a fool. 

Wheater clearly wants to stay in the locality. Man U, City and Burnley aren’t in for him for some reason, Bolton are a mess, Bury are worse and Rochdale have a very strict wage structure (unless you are called Ian Henderson)... so it only leaves us and Salford really doesn’t it. 

2 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Heres another one. 

No it’s not, but it might be and it would be a brilliant signing... wouldn’t it?  Hopefully you are keen to see it done? Aren’t you? 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Heres another one. 

No it’s not, but it might be and it would be a brilliant signing... wouldn’t it?  Hopefully you are keen to see it done? Aren’t you? 

I didn’t see I wasn’t but to say that AL has now come through “with a couple of very good signings” just isn’t true - the last that wasn’t even slightly meh was Mills.

And by another one I assume you mean fool? Absolute gold you

9 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

If* it's confirmed. Egert is a good signing. I remember last season thinking I wish we had Mills. He tore us a new one for Morecambe. Plymouth lad would be a good signing if* he's confirmed. The point is people are rightly angry but still need to recognise that we are now looking at better players and not pick holes in good news. It was like this two years ago, all these shite Frenchy's, yet I think 99% wud have Nepo and missiliou in the first 11. A lot wud have maouche. A lot realise that Branger-Engone has something despite hardly showing it. All I'm saying is b angry but still b a man and say nice one wen we have a good story **oh and Wilson who is a good player at this level

23 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Abdullah certainly has promotion in mind if this signing is on... 10+ players brought in preseason 

Ha!

Wheater as looks a good signing, looks like it will be confirmed, that is the calibre we wanted for promotion.
Mills a solid signing.

The rest are fairly crap to very crap.
I'm not convinced we've spent the same budget as last season.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Ignore him. He’s a fool. 

Wheater clearly wants to stay in the locality. Man U, City and Burnley aren’t in for him for some reason, Bolton are a mess, Bury are worse and Rochdale have a very strict wage structure (unless you are called Ian Henderson)... so it only leaves us and Salford really doesn’t it. 

Bradford, Blackpool, Rotherham, Doncaster, Fleetwood. None too far away from Bolton, and could possibly afford him (if they needed a CB that is). I have no idea where he lives. 

Just now, al_bro said:

Bradford, Blackpool, Rotherham, Doncaster, Fleetwood. None too far away from Bolton, and could possibly afford him (if they needed a CB that is). I have no idea where he lives. 

Tranmere too 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ignore him. He’s a fool. 

Fleetwood...

Archived