Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

On my racing trips me and a friend who are both known for being a little dry have what is known as a 'sarcasm off' with one party being declared the winner on the journey home. 

It works quite well face to face. 

we will have to have a competition , get a group together who are known for their sarcasm and see whos dry wit wins the day.. seems like fun.. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

we will have to have a competition , get a group together who are known for their sarcasm and see whos dry wit wins the day.. seems like fun.. 

Book the top floor of the Big Joe stand. 

36 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Sorry, you think we're paying a player £10k a week in League 2?

I desperately hope that you have no knowledge of finances because if you do we might as well ask the baliffs at Bury to drop by Boundary Park on their way home.

£5k a week at this level is likely to be ruinous, let alone £10k.

A survey done in 2018 showed that the Average League 2 Salary at the time was £86k with the Median Salary being £80k.

So by my maths that equates to £1500 to £1600 per week. Obviously there will be a number of players who are paid bigger money, and it’s likely that Wheater is one of the better paid. 

What is more important is that Wheater proves to be the leader at the back that we need. He has the experience and was playing in the Championship last season, albeit in a team that ended up being relegated. I am led to believe that he has played in one or two behind closed doors games this preseason so hopefully he will not be far off in terms of fitness.

I am more confident about the season ahead than I was two days ago. But my confidence was fairly low following the Halifax horror show so I am not getting too optimistic just yet. Over to you Laurent Banide.

Callum Lang signs new 3 year deal at Wigan, absolutely delighted for the lad. One of my favourite players I've ever watched play for us, 100% every game, not bad skill set either, love the lad. Imagine the scenes if he re-signs on loan 😍 we can only dream

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

On my racing trips me and a friend who are both known for being a little dry have what is known as a 'sarcasm off' with one party being declared the winner on the journey home. 

Does it ? Yeeeeeah ? Really ?? 

(Hope that it works not face to face 😩)

Okay, so, as many of you know, I have been fairly critical (albeit trying to be more balanced than some) about Abdallah. I still am given the ongoing debacle with the North Stand and certain signings have been questionable at best.

HOWEVER, I am a Latics supporter, no matter who pulls on the blue and white shirt and all I want is the best for the club. I won’t be letting anything get in the way of that.

As such, here’s a message to you Abdallah…

David Wheater…fantastic signing! Massive well done to you, Mo and even Barry Owen for getting this deal over the line. It was much needed, it was clear to see but all of a sudden a weight has been lifted slightly due to bringing in a leader and a captain (even if you persist with Maouche). By name, this is the best signing we have made in years and as such, thank you!

Now, if you fancy making a couple more I’d be more than happy. 4 loans to play with. Make them count and you may have a chance.

Oh…well…what one signing does eh?

8 minutes ago, JTM said:

Callum Lang signs new 3 year deal at Wigan, absolutely delighted for the lad. One of my favourite players I've ever watched play for us, 100% every game, not bad skill set either, love the lad. Imagine the scenes if he re-signs on loan 😍 we can only dream

The scene I imagine is a few fans on Facebook and Twitter getting really happy we signed a guy who has scored around 10 goals in League 2 for 2 years on the bounce. Its not so difficult to imagine tbh!

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

UcKxYwY.jpg

2 hours ago, youngen said:

The scene I imagine is a few fans on Facebook and Twitter getting really happy we signed a guy who has scored around 10 goals in League 2 for 2 years on the bounce. Its not so difficult to imagine tbh!

Exactly. 

I like him and he'd be better than what we have (maybe, hopefully, Wilson is better) but I'd prefer we went for better.....

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, yarddog73 said:

We were never in for him, as soon as they knew what he wanted that would of been the end of it. Monies been spent on donkies like Sefil.

Care to elaborate? 

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Sorry, you think we're paying a player £10k a week in League 2?

I desperately hope that you have no knowledge of finances because if you do we might as well ask the baliffs at Bury to drop by Boundary Park on their way home.

£5k a week at this level is likely to be ruinous, let alone £10k.

He was on around £16k at Bolton as one of the bigger earners. 

AL may have well dropped him a sizeable signing on fee to offset high wages. 

£16k won’t be what we’ll be paying but £8-£10k per week wouldn’t surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He was on around £16k at Bolton as one of the bigger earners. 

AL may have well dropped him a sizeable signing on fee to offset high wages. 

£16k won’t be what we’ll be paying but £8-£10k per week wouldn’t surprise me. 

Ageee..Wheater wont be joining us on the cheap.. He could have hung back and waited for bolton to offer him an increase.. Bolton fans i know are gutted thats he has moved on.. in my eyes a big well done to all concerned in bringing him to boundary Park 

2 hours ago, youngen said:

If you are suggesting that Lang would be anything but an amazing signing, you need to give your head a wobble. He gave us much, much more than goals during his spell here.

Lang would be excellent if we could have got him back on loan. Energetic and reasonable amount of skill.  With the defence seemingly sorted now I would have been optimistic about us pushing up the The table with someone like Lang in the forward line .

Lang has had successful League Two loans in the past two seasons. He needs to step up and get a League One move or stick it out with Wigan.

Having him back would be great but I can't imagine he's being advised to come to League Two again.

20 minutes ago, JTM said:

If you are suggesting that Lang would be anything but an amazing signing, you need to give your head a wobble. He gave us much, much more than goals during his spell here.

My comment is I can "imagine the scenes". He was decent in a dreadful team yeah. Amazing signing, why? Hes a Championship reserve/youth player who will go out on loan to someone. He would be a good addition. But amazing...

19 minutes ago, youngen said:

My comment is I can "imagine the scenes". He was decent in a dreadful team yeah. Amazing signing, why? Hes a Championship reserve/youth player who will go out on loan to someone. He would be a good addition. But amazing...

Yep, he would be an amazing signing.

2 minutes ago, youngen said:

Shows how shit the squad is when people think like this. Wouldn't even be in the top 10 players in the division.

I thought the lad did OK for us last season. I'd be pleased to see him return.

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

I thought the lad did OK for us last season. I'd be pleased to see him return.

Exactly my reaction. Did ok in a torrid team, I would be pleased, but he wouldnt' be an "amazing" signing as JMT suggests. I'd still hope to get someone better. Surridge was better than him for example, so there are others out there we could also sign.

2 hours ago, Lags said:

Care to elaborate? 

Not really, even I get the odd thing wrong from time to time :D happy to have been proved wrong and no problem holding my hands up.

After watching the last couple of friendlies they've had to bring him in though otherwise the consequences don't bear thinking about. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really, even I get the odd thing wrong from time to time :D happy to have been proved wrong and no problem holding my hands up.

After watching the last couple of friendlies they've had to bring him in though otherwise the consequences don't bear thinking about. 

Fair play brother....unusual on OWTB.

Archived