Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When interviewed post-match Saturday, Banide apparently said 2 or 3 will be coming in.  The Sun linked that to when Banide was questioned that we lacked firepower but he could mean another three kids knowing our club.

Lang would be brilliant but I think that ship has sailed and he’ll go to League One.  Same with Surridge.  Shame as both know most of our midfield and would slot straight back in.  I guess a gamble on an unknown.

Midfield is the area.  We’ve no spark, no invention or a wow player to create chances.  

17 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

When interviewed post-match Saturday, Banide apparently said 2 or 3 will be coming in.  The Sun linked that to when Banide was questioned that we lacked firepower but he could mean another three kids knowing our club.

Lang would be brilliant but I think that ship has sailed and he’ll go to League One.  Same with Surridge.  Shame as both know most of our midfield and would slot straight back in.  I guess a gamble on an unknown.

Midfield is the area.  We’ve no spark, no invention or a wow player to create chances.  

Surridge been getting in the squads at Bournemouth hasn’t he ?  If loaned out I’d say Championship at least ! 

18 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

When interviewed post-match Saturday, Banide apparently said 2 or 3 will be coming in.  

This was his interview during the week and I think it was recorded prior to a couple of our current players coming in. I've been told our wage bill was about 65% of last seasons before we signed Wheater. So if its true that we have a bigger budget then we may be bringing more in. Will have a big squad though.. 

16 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

That is mainly down to Mo Sylla, there is no point in playing a centre mid who just runs around and once he gets the ball he struggles to pass or even control the ball. This is not an agenda against the lad but he’s just simply not good enough. 

But, Oldham fans seem love a centre mid who runs around a lot and makes a recovery tackle due to the players own mistake.

Saying that I assume we are on a look out for another CM as number 8 has not been assigned. 

Maouche is our most creative player, get players on that wavelength around him and he will shine, some of the link up with Bragner was our best play on Saturday. Also, Bragner was our biggest threat Saturday, put in at least 4 decent crosses, yet there is criticism to him. Hamer was awful Saturday hardly a word said. 

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

That is mainly down to Mo Sylla, there is no point in playing a centre mid who just runs around and once he gets the ball he struggles to pass or even control the ball. This is not an agenda against the lad but he’s just simply not good enough. 

But, Oldham fans seem love a centre mid who runs around a lot and makes a recovery tackle due to the players own mistake.

Saying that I assume we are on a look out for another CM as number 8 has not been assigned. 

Maouche is our most creative player, get players on that wavelength around him and he will shine, some of the link up with Bragner was our best play on Saturday. Also, Bragner was our biggest threat Saturday, put in at least 4 decent crosses, yet there is criticism to him. Hamer was awful Saturday hardly a word said. 

That is mainly down to Mo Sylla, there is no point in playing a centre mid who just runs around and once he gets the ball he struggles to pass or even control the ball. This is not an agenda against the lad but he’s just simply not good enough.  He was one of our better midfielders on Saturday.  Did his job and I don’t remember a single misplaced pass. He’s there to break up play and give it to one of our gifted trio of Maouche, Branger or Missilou.

But, Oldham fans seem love a centre mid who runs around a lot and makes a recovery tackle due to the players own mistake.  Really?  Do you actually mean that some of our fans will make up shit to support their own opinions?

Maouche is our most creative player, get players on that wavelength around him and he will shine, some of the link up with Bragner was our best play on Saturday. Also, Bragner was our biggest threat Saturday, put in at least 4 decent crosses, yet there is criticism to him. You must have been at a different game to me and about 500 others.

Hamer was awful Saturday. That’s absolute bollocks too.

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

That is mainly down to Mo Sylla, there is no point in playing a centre mid who just runs around and once he gets the ball he struggles to pass or even control the ball. This is not an agenda against the lad but he’s just simply not good enough.  He was one of our better midfielders on Saturday.  Did his job and I don’t remember a single misplaced pass. He’s there to break up play and give it to one of our gifted trio of Maouche, Branger or Missilou.

But, Oldham fans seem love a centre mid who runs around a lot and makes a recovery tackle due to the players own mistake.  Really?  Do you actually mean that some of our fans will make up shit to support their own opinions?

Maouche is our most creative player, get players on that wavelength around him and he will shine, some of the link up with Bragner was our best play on Saturday. Also, Bragner was our biggest threat Saturday, put in at least 4 decent crosses, yet there is criticism to him. You must have been at a different game to me and about 500 others.

Better midfielders ? He didn’t do anything how could he have been ? When did he drive forward ? When did he make a pass which took a man out the game ? He didn’t even really tackle? 

Yes i I do mean that, a lot of fans are happy to have a centre mid who runs around a lot, it’s true. 

Which part ? Bragner put in at least 4 crosses on that left side second half. First half out best phase of play was Maouche and Bragner linking up. For all mills did, and he was a my MOM Bragner gave us more opportunities to potentially score. 

Well you where at a different game because Hamer was poor, goal came from him being in no mans land. Joesph mills had the beating of him all day. That was with a right back infront of him. 

50 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Better midfielders ? He didn’t do anything how could he have been ? When did he drive forward ? When did he make a pass which took a man out the game ? He didn’t even really tackle? 

Yes i I do mean that, a lot of fans are happy to have a centre mid who runs around a lot, it’s true. 

Which part ? Bragner put in at least 4 crosses on that left side second half. First half out best phase of play was Maouche and Bragner linking up. For all mills did, and he was a my MOM Bragner gave us more opportunities to potentially score. 

Well you where at a different game because Hamer was poor, goal came from him being in no mans land. Joesph mills had the beating of him all day. That was with a right back infront of him. 

Like I said, Sylla did his job.  I never claimed he was there to drive us forward or make telling passes.  Stop making things up.

Opinions eh?

It's got to be Missilou or Sylla much the same as I'd either play Hamer or Mills, another creative midfielder badly needed at the expense of one of the two holding players and Mills back to RB with Nepo on the wing. We might actually create something then which would be an improvement on the three games I've had the displeasure of watching, no point bringing in more forwards as they won't see the ball till the defence and midfield is sorted.

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Cheers, saves me the bother. Sylla was my #frenchlads MOTM. Behind Mills, Wheater and the GK. He broke up play, looked to drive forward at every opportunity and tried a few killer balls one of which was unlucky not to work. But otherwise gave a simple easy short pass to Mills, Maouche or Wilson. 

Yes he's never going to make the sort of fine needle pass Maouche makes when he turns up, nor is Sylla going to get his head up and switch play with a 40 yard crossfield ball, but for me Sylla could be very crucial to our chances this season. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Cheers, saves me the bother. Sylla was my #frenchlads MOTM. Behind Mills, Wheater and the GK. He broke up play, looked to drive forward at every opportunity and tried a few killer balls one of which was unlucky not to work. But otherwise gave a simple easy short pass to Mills, Maouche or Wilson. 

Yes he's never going to make the sort of fine needle pass Maouche makes when he turns up, nor is Sylla going to get his head up and switch play with a 40 yard crossfield ball, but for me Sylla could be very crucial to our chances this season. 

Of staying up?

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

He did say we lacked quality. Hopefully Mo gets the message. 

20 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

I've heard Lee cattermole looking for a club him in the middle of park would be ideal or hurrell from macclesfield.  Striker or 2 definitely needed aswell 

Great idea. Let’s get a team full of defensive midfielders. That’ll sort our predicted goal scoring worries right out !! 

Archived