Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Been to all the haunts, Tesco, Costa, the lot. Not seen anyone from Latics☺️

Those were the haunts of the Old Chairman.  You need to be looking more cosmopolitan now; have you tried Mangetout or Deli Felice?  

4 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Was on official website banide said its bad

That was from his interview.  He doesn't say it's bad he says it's bad news that he might be injured.  He said it was going to be assessed by the doctor.  Unless there's been something else?

11 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Was on official website banide said its bad

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That was from his interview.  He doesn't say it's bad he says it's bad news that he might be injured.  He said it was going to be assessed by the doctor.  Unless there's been something else?

That's how I read it. They don't no anything yet. Jus that he's in pain so it looks bad. It could be something or nothing that's healed in a week or two

As good as Lang is I think Wilson and Azankpo have enough to score goals. Both need a proper CF to play off, and I think that is where we should be looking for a loan (not a prem. or championship kid though). 

A permanent signing would be better like Wheater. These short term fixes every season are not getting us anywhere in the long term.

It might not be cheap but It would make a refreshing change for us to get a decent established striker in and for him to be able to forge a partnership with a n other for a season or two!

19 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

That's how I read it. They don't no anything yet. Jus that he's in pain so it looks bad. It could be something or nothing that's healed in a week or two

I hope it is just a niggle and he back next week. But knowing are luck he will be out to xmas. Oldham need a change in fortune and lady luck I hope it happens

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A permanent signing would be better like Wheater. These short term fixes every season are not getting us anywhere in the long term.

It might not be cheap but It would make a refreshing change for us to get a decent established striker in and for him to be able to forge a partnership with a n other for a season or two!

Absolutely but sadly no evidence that is going to happen

AL and his Brothers hoping to strike gold with low cost African imports

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

As good as Lang is I think Wilson and Azankpo have enough to score goals. Both need a proper CF to play off, and I think that is where we should be looking for a loan (not a prem. or championship kid though). 

As good as his goal was I thought Azankpo was gash otherwise....

That said, if he's gash every week and still scores I can live with that.... 

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

FFS Accrington...that demonstrates how far we have fallen😳

But it does mean he'll be playing in League 1 and not League 2. He'll come up against some better opponents than us. Good luck to the lad.

Why am I only just realising that it’s not deadline day for League one and two clubs today? 

Was disappointed with the lack of signings, however like most other lower tier clubs, seems we’re hanging on until the later than normal deadline of 2 September 

Archived