Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Sir Ben Stokes to us minions.

Loved every minute of Brisbane today.

Not often you see the Aussies bottle it but they did yesterday.

Matthew Wade (?) returning to the bowler's end failing to run Leach out; Lyon's fumbled run out; Paine's inexplicable wasted review of a ball pitching six inches outside leg stump which prevented challenging a poor umpiring lbw decision and not bringing the field in to prevent Stokes' taking singles off the 5th or 6th ball shows they are just as fallible as the rest of us.

Also great credit to Stokes for not losing his bottle and tempering his aggression when the winning line neared.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Make a meal of it, with a nice world cup garnish. 

I needed to go on a diet after the world cup. Office full of deluded Aussies, broken kiwis, dejected South Africans, a Pakistani who jumped on our bandwagon, a Sri Lankan who pretended that he had no idea there was a world cup and a very angry Indian who couldnt understand why his super spreadsheet which calculated the winner of the tournament (India) had failed him.

Today was my first day back after being off sick for three weeks. White England footy top with a big 55 on my back and the dogs plastic cricket bat was probably too soon and hardly corporate, but it was so sweet.

To top it off,  on Saturday, a Pom (me) took out the company AFL footy tipping comp.

Its a good time to be English in Australia.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

You said something in poor taste. What do you expect? You expect people to ignore it and carry on with their lives in the real world as if those words on a message board didn't cause them physical pain? 👀

21 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

“Precious “, to object to a tasteless, unfunny and disgusting reference to a tragic accident to one of our footballing heroes.

What a sad specimen you are.

Love the way you upvoted the above post. Sarcasm lost on you as well as a sense of humour ? Are the 2 who upvoted my “joke” as sad as me ? Or have they not taken it too seriously regards YOUR’E hero not mine btw. 

Lighten up  a bit. 

Fanny

23 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

Using the word “hero” to describe sporting personalities aint great either

Hero, n. "A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."

Describes Gordon Banks to a tee. Unlike you. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Love the way you upvoted the above post. Sarcasm lost on you as well as a sense of humour ? Are the 2 who upvoted my “joke” as sad as me ? Or have they not taken it too seriously regards YOUR’E hero not mine btw. 

Lighten up  a bit. 

Fanny

Dear Fanny (for thus you have signed your latest leaden message)

I see your grasp of spelling and grammar are on a par with your sense of humour. 

Many are the rocks off the UK coast. I suggest you choose one, and crawl back underneath it.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hero, n. "A person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."

Courage, outstanding achievements and noble qualities are things I associate with Police Officers, Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters, Soldiers, ordinary civilians who hold childrens hands who have been blown up at a concert - not someone playing a game he loves for a living.

unlike me - what a lovely chap you are 😘 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Dear Fanny (for thus you have signed your latest leaden message)

I see your grasp of spelling and grammar are on a par with your sense of humour. 

Many are the rocks off the UK coast. I suggest you choose one, and crawl back underneath it.

The idiom is to a T, not to a tee or to a tea

Nice grasp

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

This could all have been solved with a simple down vote... bring em back

Or we could all just ignore petty arguing and actually talk about the topics. Hu givs a shit bout spelin on a fans furam site? Who gives a shit about arguing behind a keyboard. Anyway back to topic, anyone heard anything about the striker loan deal that was supposed to be completed last week? P.S. just re-read this, it wasn't aimed at you latics22 lol 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah definitely me being a tit, bringing up spelling and grammar on a football forum. I was gonna say you’re a twat but I won’t , I’ll just move on. Too many snowflakes...

Think you brought it up before me you utter weapon. 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Think you’ll find it was in response to that clampet Worcesterowl. Hence I quoted him you cock knocker. You for some reason involved yourself like some kind of hero. Well done. 

You’re finally beginning to grasp the concept of hero. You may want to avoid correcting somebody on their grammar when you’re wrong though and then having a dig at others for pointing it out. Makes you look a bit less of a twat. 

Archived