Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Just listened to the Chris eagles interview on the official he says a couple coming in  or am I mistaken 

Banide was asked if he is happy with the squad as it is or will he be bringing in additions. He laughed and said he is happy with what he has got, but who knows there may be surprises!!!!

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

What we need is good midfielders, and he would definitely fit the bill! Combative and creative, plus a leader in the middle of the park.

Good replacement for Maouche then!

Does anyone know how many part time scouts we use if any and what locations they cover?  Only asking as I've moved back to the UK after 3 years in Sydney and am now in London and there is some serious young shall we say 'urban' talent down here.

As an example, there's a growing Youtube culture down here and one of the teams on the platforms is a team called Rising Ballers - I initially got on to them when i was missing English football whilst in Australia. They give a platform to late teens who have been released or not been taken on for one reason or another, the majority of whom are playing non-league.

Anyway getting to the point,  watching their games a few players stood out compared to the others- this one's got an interesting story (should have signed for Morecambe) and has got a move to a Swiss 3rd division team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkFpiCh32o

This kid was at Chelsea and has signed for a Dutch division 2 team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3nZ-LH2b0

But the one who really stood out was this FRENCH kid who's unbelievably skillful. He's just been signed by Sheff Utd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix4Gb_yd_GQ

It will be interesting to see who he gets loaned to in the football league but the point I'm making is that there are plenty of young hungry kids who would kill to play for a football league club. A team like ours could hoover up a load of this type of player, bring them up for a month or two and cherry pick the best ones if they're up to it. It wouldn't cost the earth and I guarantee they'd be better than some of the clowns we had trial for us in pre-season.

Why not have a focus on recruiting skillful, composed comfortable players with vision and work on developing them physically which is achievable rather than recruiting 'runners' who you will never be able to teach the innate skills of technique, awareness and composure to?  (Although, maybe Callum Dolan is a sign they are thinking this way)

Given the lack of London teams in League 2, i'll be going to a lot of non-league games Tues/Sat throughout the season. I'm not professing to be anything close to a scout (Postman Matt and Monty Burns might say otherwise) but I can tell a player and if i spotted anyone after watching them a few times would be happy to pass names onto the club or to our scouts if we have any.

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Just as we get an excellent post above from  Bondl1e extolling the virtues of looking for young talent from non league football we try it (McHale) and it gets slagged down, Owtb eh!

I know its the place to be .. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him on saturday , hopefully he has some pace which if he has will fit in nicely with the others..With him signing on a free if hes any good we might get some money for him

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I know its the place to be .. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him on saturday , hopefully he has some pace which if he has will fit in nicely with the others..With him signing on a free if hes any good we might get some money for him

Yeah like the million clubs before us have 

Archived