Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Maybe the rumours of Gevaro going were untrue, then. But with Smith and Morais signed, plus Eagles (and Branger [shudders]) how do we get them all into a starting 11? Are the Looneys-at-the-Top looking to use an out and out winger as a striker, or do they simply not know what a striker is, because we ain't got one worth his salt?

New formation with Wheater up top and Wilson at CB. would make sense to Mo. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nzlatic said:

I'm trying to see find some sort of recruitment strategy going on but I'm really struggling.  Anyone any ideas?

1 keeper too many

Light at CB

2 first choice right backs

7 wingers I think? 8 if Nepo stays

4 strikers - but only 1 has any sort of english league experience

Don't get it.

and all our forwards are midgets. Dead easy to muscle of the ball..Thats a worry to me because come Jan / feb our passing game goes out of the window on our bog marsh of a pitch. long ball game all the way..that doesnt fill me with confidence 

21 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Woods

hamer     Wheater        Lacovetti   Smith-b

eagle missilou maouche nep moarais fage

is this the lineup? I don’t see goals

Woods

Mills.    Wheater.    Hamer

Fage.                                                  Nepo

Missiliou

Maouche.                  Morias

Eagles

Azankpo

That's how I would go

Just now, Chris15Arm said:

Woods

Missiliou

Eagles

Wilson.             Azankpo

That's how I would go

5-4-2 with a diamond was always a popular formation.

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

😬 Was it the first ever football game in your life? That generally happens in every game ever played. Big CBs go up for set pieces. 🤔

No i have played the game,  goal keeper  had trials in my time , got invited to FA school of Excellence in my youth, Sat & sunday league and other leagues  Due to our lack of height which should have been addresed in preseason the coach had Wheater pushing up joining yhe attack.. a bit poor really 

13 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Woods

Missiliou

Eagles

Wilson.             Azankpo

That's how I would go

Fair enough I rate just don’t see many goals

Is there even a recruitment policy? It seems we just sign anyone on a whim, players we dont need, over recruit in areas, whilst then under recruiting in others. Signing old wingers that we cant sell on, the foreign recruitment doesnt work but at least it's an attempt at a plan, even that doesnt seem to be consistently implemented. 

22 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Woods

Missiliou

Eagles

Azankpo

That's how I would go

With a couple of good strikers I reckon that line up would push us up the table pretty rapid. Sadly it looks like we remain toothless 

Isnt their a case here for playing Morais in the middle effectively converting onto a sitting playmaker. We do need someone who can put there foot on the ball in the middle (yeah I know uptop is the biggest issue)

But perhaps him in the middle with Smith on 1 wing with Eagles on the other plus Nepo to LB then atleast we will look ok in 2/3's of the pitch.

Up top we are fucked although I'm expecting a 25 year old former Nantes Striker who has made 25 career appearances scoring just 2 goals to come in by the end of the week.

Just now, Chris15Arm said:

Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but I'm hoping maybe this Bristol guy is a Lang type of winger who turns out to be a good striker lol

Knowing our luck when it comes to previously decent players at Boundary Park he’ll just end up a shit winger 

Absolutely baffled that we've signed 2 wingers we didn't need and didn't sign a striker. Everyone can see we need a striker. If the people in charge of these signings can't see that,they have no business being near a football club. 

Really can't put into words the frustration in feeling that we haven't signed a striker. Expected 1 deadline day signing and it to be a striker. I can't get my head round it, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Am I on my own here? It's fucking freaking me out that they can't see we needed one. Do they pay attention on game days? Do they even give a shit? Surely it's not good business sense to not score any fucking goals. Can they not see this formation we are playing is not working? I feel like bashing my head against a wall I feel I'll get more luck

What the fuck is going on. 

Archived