Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

But they'll be getting passes and crosses from our 13 wingers and midfielders!

Johan Branger-Engone

Mohamed Maouche

Gevaro Nepomuceno

Florian Gonzales

Christopher Missilou

Dylan Fage

Dominic McHale

Callum Dolan

Mohamad Sylla

Jonny Smith

Chris Eagles

Filipe Morais   

Giles Coke

:wink:

1 8 1 is quite experimental isn't it, just a bit extra tracking back.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Exactly, with this forward line the thousands of wingers we have are no use at all. Our hope I suppose is that we do have some decent footballers (Fage, Eagles, Moráis) and we could become a second rate Barcelona - I think that qualifies me as in the optimistic camp. 

Shouldn't that be the Nou camp?

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not one for giving time are you BP ? Wilson scored plenty in a worse team than ours. Sounds more like bad tactics to me. I think he’ll come good. 

Slowly slowly.

The good news with so many wing men signed Wilson won't have to play wide.  The bad news is that he won't get to all the crosses that the wing men, on a rotation of one game in three to keep them fresh, manage to put in.  Part of me believes that Marco & Mo have not signed another striker because that would be to give in to the mob.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

But they'll be getting passes and crosses from our 13 wingers and midfielders!

Johan Branger-Engone

Mohamed Maouche

Gevaro Nepomuceno

Florian Gonzales

Christopher Missilou

Dylan Fage

Dominic McHale

Callum Dolan

Mohamad Sylla

Jonny Smith

Chris Eagles

Filipe Morais   

Giles Coke

:wink:

Could probably do with keeping Coke on now for some depth 

7 hours ago, Hands on said:

The good news with so many wing men signed Wilson won't have to play wide.  The bad news is that he won't get to all the crosses that the wing men, on a rotation of one game in three to keep them fresh, manage to put in.  Part of me believes that Marco & Mo have not signed another striker because that would be to give in to common sense.

FTFY

I'm trying to get my head round the Morais signing. A player who plays in a position that is well covered, probably past his best and on loan from the same division and that it was unlikely the coaching staff had ever heard of. 

Whose idea? 

How did they even know he was available? 

Is it that we are so bad that he was considered a returning legend for appeasement purposes?

Makes no sense of any sort. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm trying to get my head round the Morais signing. A player who plays in a position that is well covered, probably past his best and on loan from the same division and that it was unlikely the coaching staff had ever heard of. 

Whose idea? 

How did they even know he was available? 

Is it that we are so bad that he was considered a returning legend for appeasement purposes?

Makes no sense of any sort. 

2 things. Barry could have recommended him as a signing to please fans. He could also have been interviewed for the head coach job in the summer and then be known to the Lemmys. 

8 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

To be honest we signed so many a young lad Adam's his surname scored twice I think in pre season friendly for us forgot his first name

Kielen Adams.

Wasn't it Vincente del Bosque who played a 4-3-3 with 6 midfielders and no strikers? Maybe that's the plan and it only leaves about 7 midfielders to fight it out for a sub's place on the bench. It's the future, I tells ya.

8 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not one for giving time are you BP ? Wilson scored plenty in a worse team than ours. Sounds more like bad tactics to me. I think he’ll come good. 

I think you're right.  Play Wilson with another striker up front and he'll probably be more suited.

Not that it'll happen though, and Wilson will be labelled "shite" and join the long list of promising strikers that find that their move to Boundary Park is the worst decision they ever made..

Crawley fans gutted to lose morias so could be the playmaker we need I'd give nepo a go up front he his pretty big and knows where the nett is or even eagles this new boy Smith hopefully good too. Still hoping for a striker to arrive fingers crossed 

11 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Crawley fans gutted to lose morias so could be the playmaker we need I'd give nepo a go up front he his pretty big and knows where the nett is or even eagles this new boy Smith hopefully good too. Still hoping for a striker to arrive fingers crossed 

He might know WHERE it is but can he spell it correctly? 

Edit: predictive text trying to make a fool of me. (I don’t need help there)

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

A Portuguese flag to mark the home-coming 😂

Did someone tell Lemmy and Co. that Morais is up there with Palmer and Ritchie in terms of club legendary status?

I'd have Ritchie or Palmer back at the moment, still score more than this lot 

16 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Halifax wanted Stott and made enquiries but the club wouldn't deal with them due to their current manager...

Bit petty Metty 😏

if Egert’s not fit soon, and assuming he’s first team calibre (and lets be honest I’m in my 50’s and probably not far off) I’d still rate Scott as our 3rd best CB so I’d keep him. Not for the reasons you state though obviously. 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the squad size we have now is an absolute disgrace for a club that quite clearly has very little money (despite that bullshit 100% better budget bollocks).

We can name 18 players on matchday, and following the recent window in all likeliness these would be the 18:

GK: Woods

GK: De La Paz

DEF: Wheater

DEF: Egert

DEF: Hamer

DEF: Iacovitti

DEF: ASB

DEF: Mills

MID: Missilou

MID: Sylla

MID: Maouche

MID: Fage

MID: Eagles

MID: Morais

MID: Smith

ATT: Azankpo

ATT: Wilson

ATT: Vera

That leaves:

GK: Zabret

DEF: Stott

DEF: Sefil

MID: JBE

MID: Nepomuceno

MID: Gonzales

MID: McHale

MID: Coke

MID: Dolan

ATT: Kokos

ATT: Adams

We have 11 full time players twiddling their thumbs on matchday. Ridiculous for a L2 team.

Archived