Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, underdog said:

I believe one of the early BP development plans had this in mind. Taking the upper seating area away and from memory to be one level. Proposal was where the gym/club shop was to go.

The main stand is literally on its last legs. The FLG plan rolled out in July did include the main stand. It was more for the current offices/front of house to be moved over into the newer Joe Royle stand and have that as the new front of OAFC with a welcoming car park area. Then to develop the main stand into something else but I can't remember what now.

They said they had a company with a global brand interested in redeveloping the mainstand.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undersoil heating would mean that our pitch would remain open to the elements rather than being covered.  The covers always seem to damage it and I don't think removing snow by hand helps.  We also have postponements when the area in front of the main stand is frozen and access is not a problem.

This team needs one player to guarantee staying in the football league and that is a striker built just like our coach.

19 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Be up for both but more MCcan because l like Azankpo and or Wilson for some reason.

Both McCann and Clarke seem to be decent players from what I remember, but I'm not sure either are really needed.  Our central midfield isn't really a problem area so we probably wouldn't be putting McCann in his strongest position, left back is a maybe I suppose.

Clarke sadly is not the type of player we need, he's a good attacking player but not one to lead the line.  He could play in any of our current 4 attacking roles but we've got plenty of players for those already.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Both McCann and Clarke seem to be decent players from what I remember, but I'm not sure either are really needed.  Our central midfield isn't really a problem area so we probably wouldn't be putting McCann in his strongest position, left back is a maybe I suppose.

Clarke sadly is not the type of player we need, he's a good attacking player but not one to lead the line.  He could play in any of our current 4 attacking roles but we've got plenty of players for those already.

Would like to see us looking at a player like Cheltenham's Broom. For a mid, he was the best forward on the pitch. Addai also excellent.

4 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Would like to see us looking at a player like Cheltenham's Broom. For a mid, he was the best forward on the pitch. Addai also excellent.

Think will be both be playing at an higher level next season with or without Cheltenham IMO.

How Addai  played 5 years in non league at a low level without anyone spotting him except Cheltenham is a mystery?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Think will be both be playing at an higher level next season with or without Cheltenham IMO.

How Addai  played 5 years in non league at a low level without anyone spotting him except Cheltenham is a mystery?

Maybe they did - plenty of players down there who have other priorities.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe they did - plenty of players down there who have other priorities.

My guess is many ruled him out on lack of height, maybe why he was released by Spurs as a kid.

Seen it many times from others in the game. In fact when I told one manager a striker I liked in non league was 5ft 6ins he replied "That won't do"..the striker went on to be a prolific goal scorer in the football league.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended a big young centre forward to the club on loan in January. Very similar to Surridge, don't expect it to happen though somehow.

I hope this comes to fruition . 

to state the ****ing obvious, we need a real striker more than any other position.

i try to remain positive, but last night’s game made me worry about our current predicament more than any other game this season.   

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended a big young centre forward to the club on loan in January. Very similar to Surridge, don't expect it to happen though somehow.

As you possibly have some influence at OAFC, could you also recommend players to be taken out of the club.

Hopefully they could all fit on one bus.

22 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

As you possibly have some influence at OAFC, could you also recommend players to be taken out of the club.

Hopefully they could all fit on one bus.

One of those double bendy airport buses maybe.

10 hours ago, stevesidg said:

I hope this comes to fruition . 

to state the ****ing obvious, we need a real striker more than any other position.

i try to remain positive, but last night’s game made me worry about our current predicament more than any other game this season.   

We also need a lot of players in all the other positions too!

4 hours ago, youngen said:

We also need a lot of players in all the other positions too!

I honestly think this league is so shit that with one, preferably, two proper forwards/strikers we could get promoted this season.

The defence and midfield could do a good enough job with some quality ahead of them, especially if Egert stays fit and Morais stays.

If he could spend £11k a week on Menig why can't he spend on one striker who'd be guaranteed to rip this league up? Or two at £5.5k a week? 

Not only would it give us a chance of going up but people would pay to see a goalscorer so crowds would probably increase to pay for some or all of the cost.

And you can then sell a goalscorer for a lot more than a George Edmundson.

They just seem thick as fuck AL and ML don't they? 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I honestly think this league is so shit that with one, preferably, two proper forwards/strikers we could get promoted this season.

The defence and midfield could do a good enough job with some quality ahead of them, especially if Egert stays fit and Morais stays.

If he could spend £11k a week on Menig why can't he spend on one striker who'd be guaranteed to rip this league up? Or two at £5.5k a week? 

Not only would it give us a chance of going up but people would pay to see a goalscorer so crowds would probably increase to pay for some or all of the cost.

I wonder if free agent Gary Hooper would come here in a short term Queensy contract?

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't you previously recommend Beesley at Salford who has now gone out to Solihull on loan?

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Contracts handed to Sefil, Vera, Kokos, Gonzales who are absolutely nowhere near the first team squad now kinda of proves that. Im 100% implying that AL is laundering money through these players/agents and therefore imagine wages for those 4 alone are earning would cover your 11k.

Amazing that their "plan" of investing in foreign potential has resulted in us having the worst squad in years, without so much as a sniff from any club to buy any of their signings!

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

mOnEy LaUndeRiNg

Archived