Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Didn't you previously recommend Beesley at Salford who has now gone out to Solihull on loan?

Edmundson went on loan to non league and look where he finished. Don't write Beesley off.

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

explain? 

I mean, I know what it means, I’m just struggling with the mechanics in this particular case. 

Hey Urko - the agency will 'pay' you £4k per week if you sign for us for a season, whether you play or not.  However, you will only actually get paid £2k, the other £2k will stay with the agency.

Something along those lines.  

I suppose it could via a number of other ways.

*N.B - this is not fact...

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

explain? 

I mean, I know what it means, I’m just struggling with the mechanics in this particular case. 

I’ve wondered this too when this accusation has been thrown around. I’m no currency or banking expert but what if salaries were paid electronically from offshore, the player draws it in the UK and pays some back to the person he’s revived the salary from? 

So player gets £10K a week salary, pays £8K back and therefore gets £2K and A N Other person gets the £8K. Don’t know if that would work, don’t know why it would need to be done with the £ being relatively weak at the moment, no idea if it’s feasible🤷‍♂️😂 

4 hours ago, youngen said:

Contracts handed to Sefil, Vera, Kokos, Gonzales who are absolutely nowhere near the first team squad now kinda of proves that. Im 100% implying that AL is laundering money through these players/agents and therefore imagine wages for those 4 alone are earning would cover your 11k.

Amazing that their "plan" of investing in foreign potential has resulted in us having the worst squad in years, without so much as a sniff from any club to buy any of their signings!

If you are so certain then tell the authorities and EFL to investigate him.

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended a big young centre forward to the club on loan in January. Very similar to Surridge, don't expect it to happen though somehow.

Does the manager get to see your recommendations BP, or are they just passed to Mo who puts them in the bin?

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended a big young centre forward to the club on loan in January. Very similar to Surridge, don't expect it to happen though somehow.

From what level? I think our chances of getting PL club players on loan has receded to close to nil. 

5 hours ago, youngen said:

Contracts handed to Sefil, Vera, Kokos, Gonzales who are absolutely nowhere near the first team squad now kinda of proves that. Im 100% implying that AL is laundering money through these players/agents and therefore imagine wages for those 4 alone are earning would cover your 11k.

Amazing that their "plan" of investing in foreign potential has resulted in us having the worst squad in years, without so much as a sniff from any club to buy any of their signings!

Interesting.  Have you reported it? 

5 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

mOnEy LaUndeRiNg

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Hey Urko - the agency will 'pay' you £4k per week if you sign for us for a season, whether you play or not.  However, you will only actually get paid £2k, the other £2k will stay with the agency.

Something along those lines.  

I suppose it could via a number of other ways.

*N.B - this is not fact...

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’ve wondered this too when this accusation has been thrown around. I’m no currency or banking expert but what if salaries were paid electronically from offshore, the player draws it in the UK and pays some back to the person he’s revived the salary from? 

So player gets £10K a week salary, pays £8K back and therefore gets £2K and A N Other person gets the £8K. Don’t know if that would work, don’t know why it would need to be done with the £ being relatively weak at the moment, no idea if it’s feasible🤷‍♂️😂 

The only way this could work is if the club was profitable and AL wasn't having to cover any shortfall. Otherwise he would be taking money then spending it back onto the club. 

I'll take 2k from the club then use that 2k to cover the money I'm paying out from the club...

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

From what level? I think our chances of getting PL club players on loan has receded to close to nil. 

Premier, you never know if you don't ask, he has played at this level before though. Taller than Surridge, maybe not as quick, but brawnier and holds up the ball well.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Premier, you never know if you don't ask, he has played at this level before though. Taller than Surridge, maybe not as quick, but brawnier and holds up the ball well.

If I was a PL manager I wouldn't be letting any prospects come our way 

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The only way this could work is if the club was profitable and AL wasn't having to cover any shortfall. Otherwise he would be taking money then spending it back onto the club. 

I'll take 2k from the club then use that 2k to cover the money I'm paying out from the club...

Do you know how money laundering works?

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Do you know how money laundering works?

Money laundering is the generic term used to describe the process by which criminals disguise the original ownership and control of the proceeds of criminal conduct by making such proceeds appear to have derived from a legitimate source. The processes by which criminally derived property may be laundered are extensive.

Doubt that it’s happening here.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If I was a PL manager I wouldn't be letting any prospects come our way 

I hate the current regime as much as the next person but I don’t necessarily agree with this.

The last PL prospect we got is now playing regularly in the Championship and has been called up to the u21s.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Money laundering is the generic term used to describe the process by which criminals disguise the original ownership and control of the proceeds of criminal conduct by making such proceeds appear to have derived from a legitimate source. The processes by which criminally derived property may be laundered are extensive.

I agree. I know plenty about the subject and if they are attempting to do that in this way it would be far and away the least competent attempt I've ever come across.

It's just straightforward incompetence overlaid with staggering arrogance. 

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

I hate the current regime as much as the next person but I don’t necessarily agree with this.

The last PL prospect we got is now playing regularly in the Championship and has been called up to the u21s.

Didn't get any this year though and Surridge's loan was cut short halfway through. 

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Technically the last PL prospect we got was already a u21 International and is now playing in League 1. 

Your point about us having a reasonable record of improving prospects from leagues above stands though.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

You don’t use profits and you have to put money in. That was my point. 

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Technically the last PL prospect we got was already a u21 International and is now playing in League 1. 

Your point about us having a reasonable record of improving prospects from leagues above stands though.

but wasnt that under the previous coaching set up that was able to show a modicum of success and progress nothe shambles we have under the current regime 

Archived