Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

. Goin all out for Maynard and mayor and clough at whatever the cost is NOT the answer. It will just send us the same direction as bury

Misleading/disingenuous statements about trying to get them aren't great either.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I agree but now it seems we have a manager taking control. So I'm just saying instead of people looking for stuff to moan about, let's jus get behind the team and hope it continues

We don't have to look very far. Lets hope this possible winding up order goes away if we cross our fingers too. 

4 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I agree but now it seems we have a manager taking control. So I'm just saying instead of people looking for stuff to moan about, let's jus get behind the team and hope it continues

I can't work out if your actually trying to be serious, you really think another new manager is the end to all our problems :laught30:

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I can't work out if your actually trying to be serious, you really think another new manager is the end to all our problems :laught30:

People need to make their minds up. 'AL keeps interfering and playing his players' 'ALs players are shit'. And then 'Dino is doing well' 'we like dino, hes dropped ALs players' 'hes choosing his own players that he wants to play'. But now that's not good enough? Dinos not good enough to change anythin? The main point of everyone not being happy, including me, is interference and below standard players. Dino has stopped any interference and dropped the below standard players. That's pretty clear. So to me that says the new manager is the start to the end of a lot of problems we raised. Am I wrong?

57 minutes ago, singe said:

We don't have to look very far. Lets hope this possible winding up order goes away if we cross our fingers too. 

Along with 50% of the football league clubs who get winding up orders. It's part of football these days. Someone on here put a stat up not long ago that only 3 clubs I think it was, had paid their players and on time every month since april, us being one of those three. So winding up order doesn't make us any worse than most other clubs

20 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Someone on here put a stat up not long ago that only 3 clubs I think it was, had paid their players and on time every month since april, us being one of those three. 

I'm going completely made up on that one

9 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Along with 50% of the football league clubs who get winding up orders. It's part of football these days. Someone on here put a stat up not long ago that only 3 clubs I think it was, had paid their players and on time every month since april, us being one of those three. So winding up order doesn't make us any worse than most other clubs

None of that written is actually true. 

It's not the winding up order per se, bad as it could be. It's that it would so sharply contradicts the owners and Board claims about the finances. More, it would actually expose the depth of our problems and mismanagement.

There is still a huge debt hanging over the club, and the terms of that debt are not clear. 

10 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

People need to make their minds up. 'AL keeps interfering and playing his players' 'ALs players are shit'. And then 'Dino is doing well' 'we like dino, hes dropped ALs players' 'hes choosing his own players that he wants to play'. But now that's not good enough? Dinos not good enough to change anythin? The main point of everyone not being happy, including me, is interference and below standard players. Dino has stopped any interference and dropped the below standard players. That's pretty clear. So to me that says the new manager is the start to the end of a lot of problems we raised. Am I wrong?

Problem we have is whilst AL and ML have been playing games with the clubs standing and future we now have a squad that would struggle in the National League, it's in that much of a mess that it's going to need a couple of seasons just to clear out the shite, players wont just leave as most are stealing a living to start with, unless AL has bottomless amounts of money it's going to be a long slow process.

Pinning all your hope's on Dino is a brave move, let's face it as good as he talks he left Stevenage at the bottom of the football league and whilst he might succeed in getting us plodding along it's a million miles away from where we need to be.

10 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

:petesake:

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Problem we have is whilst AL and ML have been playing games with the clubs standing and future we now have a squad that would struggle in the National League, it's in that much of a mess that it's going to need a couple of seasons just to clear out the shite, players wont just leave as most are stealing a living to start with, unless AL has bottomless amounts of money it's going to be a long slow process.

Pinning all your hope's on Dino is a brave move, let's face it as good as he talks he left Stevenage at the bottom of the football league and whilst he might succeed in getting us plodding along it's a million miles away from where we need to be.

I’m with you on Dino, I feel he’s all talk but really hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I think our only saving grace there is that from memory quite a few of them are only on 12 month contracts, thank the lord we didn’t give them 3 year deals😳

13 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I think our only saving grace there is that from memory quite a few of them are only on 12 month contracts, thank the lord we didn’t give them 3 year deals😳

Doesn't mean they won't get another one, ref. Vera. 

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another big young centre forward recommended. This one will likely be sent out on loan, has little experience, but has scored prolifically from u17s to u20 international level.

Any evidence the current regime are following up on any of your leads?

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Any evidence the current regime are following up on any of your leads?

Yes, from high in the regime.

Very interested in a couple, but so are other clubs. One other, although scoring regularly for his Premiership club

u23s is not fancied though.

22 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, from high in the regime.

Very interested in a couple, but so are other clubs. One other, although scoring regularly for his Premiership club

u23s is not fancied though.

Hearing good reports about Tunde Owolabi, have you seen him play BP?

I put Matty Warburton up on here last season a local lad who was available for buttons, how did he get on Saturday?

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I put Matty Warburton up on here last season a local lad who was available for buttons, how did he get on Saturday?

Warburton did well,  but their  35yo free agent signing Alan McCormack was terrific.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=8474

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

their  35yo free agent signing Alan McCormack was terrific.

He was wasn’t he? He seemed to have so much time in the centre of the pitch - it was strange when he was substituted on 80 minutes (though they did then score the second...). With him going off we then gained a foothold in the middle of the park. 

He reminded me of the Exeter midfielder Nicky Law.

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was wasn’t he? He seemed to have so much time in the centre of the pitch - it was strange when he was substituted on 80 minutes (though they did then score the second...). With him going off we then gained a foothold in the middle of the park. 

He was ok. Played well. But a lot off his possession was when we dropped off so I think a lot of midfielders will looked good against us when we drop off. McCann had a much better game because he had pressure put on him by the opposition and still looked like he could light a cigar and have a whiskey whilst on the ball

45 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The only reason he had so much time is because we gave him so much space which allowed him to pick a pass almost unchallenged.

It has been a recurring theme at our home games this season where we have played too deep....we’ve made bog standard midfielders look like Zidane!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

The only reason he had so much time is because we gave him so much space which allowed him to pick a pass almost unchallenged.

It has been a recurring theme at our home games this season where we have played too deep....we’ve made bog standard midfielders look like Zidane!!

Like you I noticed one opposition midfielder usually has the freedom of the park. Surely our coaching team must be aware of this too?

Maybe ought to look at stopping this dominance, problem is both our central midfielders play so deep there's a massive space to exploit.

Discard one of our holding midfielders and get someone running at their DM is one way to stop it.

We will concede goals some will say, but then again we might score more. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Like you I noticed one opposition midfielder usually has the freedom of the park. Surely our coaching team must be aware of this too?

Maybe ought to look at stopping this dominance, problem is both our central midfielders play so deep there's a massive space to exploit.

im about a stone and half over weight but i think i would look like Zidane playing against our midfield at times.. We did the same with paul Green , Nicky Law as we did Alan McCormack on Saturday.. 

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I tweeted the club about this guy last season whilst he was at Radcliffe. 

He’s an out and out goal scorer and would be worth a go for sure.

This has to be tempered when you think of Darius Osei who admittedly is banging them in at stalybridge after a year out of the game 

Archived