Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Pidge said:

At last a manager willing to mention the cliques. 

I have for a long time worried about the apparent lack of care from managers and owners, about player cohesion and team spirit.

The language differences naturally cause division, which needs to be considered and steps taken to make all the players feel they are cared about and are part of the "Team" and hence are willing to put that little bit extra in for their team mates.

Instead there has been a constant stream of information that the owner favors or disfavors this one or that one and has pushed the manager to select/deselect.  Then the implication is there who the manager favors/disfavors. How can this help team cohesion?

Players getting banished to play with the youth until they arrange their own way out! Clearly existing player will see the way the club treats people, and this is bound to reduce their own bonding to the club.  They are bound to feel "if I have a few bad games I will be dumped too in a most disrespectful way, so why put the effort in.

The best managers manage to get teams playing for them and their team mates. You see this in "off the ball" workrates.  Look how Sheff United players cover each other.  With this owners interference that team cohesion has no chance.  Maybe Dino needs to be careful what he says to the press about players for the same reason.  Players need to think he has their backs. 

Having met Maouche he came across a nice friendly guy pleased to meet supporters, so it could be he will adapt well if given the chance.

Sent a very good report to my club contact on a big centre forward in the u23s for a Championship club. He's very much like Surridge, but will probably score more goals.

Clubs fans are amazed he's not in the first team plans.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sent a very good report to my club contact on a big centre forward in the u23s for a Championship club. He's very much like Surridge, but will probably score more goals.

We must be a million to sign him then.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We must be a million to sign him then.

Only 18yo and from what I hear no other clubs in for him on loan.

Would be ideal for both clubs to be here until the end of the season.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

More goals than Surridge, not having that 

32 minutes ago, latics22 said:

More goals than Surridge, not having that 

This lad is a goal poacher, not as direct, but operates more in the penalty area than Surridge, taking half chances, hence my prediction.

Similar in build though.

• 1 month later...

Archived