Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else noticed Maamria has become very active on social media after the furlough.  Loads of old videos bigging him up or goals etc of his Stevenage team.

Touting himself I’m hoping....

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Anyone else noticed Maamria has become very active on social media after the furlough.  Loads of old videos bigging him up or goals etc of his Stevenage team.

Touting himself I’m hoping....

Or maybe he's as bored as the rest of us?

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, LaticsPete said:

Alan Nixon is saying that Brighton are after Zac Emmerson. Presumably they have seen more of him than the 11 minutes he has played for the first team.

Released . Seems as though he’s been on Brighton’s radar for a little while

On 6/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, LaticsPete said:

Released . Seems as though he’s been on Brighton’s radar for a little while

Looks the be the end of the youth set up, scrapped and replaced by freebie u23s from  home and abroad on short term contracts it seems to me.  

Be sad if that happened, I've been watching the youth team since the days of Les Chapman.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks the be the end of the youth set up, scrapped and replaced by freebie u23s from  home and abroad on short term contracts it seems to me.  

Be sad if that happened, I've been watching the youth team since the days of Les Chapman.

Wasn't it said (either by Corney or AL. I can't remember) that the youth setup costs £250,000 pa. to run? If so, is it worth it for the odd player we are able to sell on? No doubt there are sell on clauses in George's deal, but as this young lad wasn't under contract can we ask for a sell on fee? We could make money from the U23 cast offs. All we are doing now under the new rules, is developing players for the Prem clubs to steal for a pittance if they are showing promise.

This tweet from Mike Minay contradicts what one or two have said....

“Oldham youngster Zak Emmerson has interest from Brighton.

Still some negotiations to be had.

Could be six figures.”

Certainly I had thought he was a first year scholar, not under a professional contract. It would seem unusual to release scholars early – they stay for the full scholarship then leave if not offered a deal.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Sun reporting that Brentford want Hamer...

If true, they will have done their research on him. He would go into their B team. Whatever we get for him as a fee let’s hope that there’s a healthy sell-on clause 😀

Not sure whether Tom is that level. When he first came on the scene at the age he did, the potential was a real possibility. In the couple of years since he's played in mainly a struggling side so it's hard to judge. 

If he gets the chance I hope he takes it. Obviously worked hard to get it. Good luck to the lad. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Not sure whether Tom is that level. When he first came on the scene at the age he did, the potential was a real possibility. In the couple of years since he's played in mainly a struggling side so it's hard to judge. 

If he gets the chance I hope he takes it. Obviously worked hard to get it. Good luck to the lad. 

He will improve there, but not here IMO, so it would be a good move for all parties.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He will improve there, but not here IMO, so it would be a good move for all parties.

Perhaps or new ‘assistant head coach to the new  head coach’ will improve him from a defensive standpoint? As you say either outcome would be good. 

Was he not also linked with Coventry recently 🤔

Was quite excited about Hamer when he first burst onto the scene, but he doesn't really seem to have progressed much since then despite playing 80+ games. The managerial merry-go-round and almost universal ineptitude of his team-mates probably hasn't helped with that, though.

Still only 20 and has a great attitude, so potential is there. Perhaps a change of scene is what he needs.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Perhaps or new ‘assistant head coach to the new  head coach’ will improve him from a defensive standpoint? As you say either outcome would be good. 

Was he not also linked with Coventry recently 🤔

Think that may have been Gustavo Hamer.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:24 AM, OneSizeFitz said:

Was quite excited about Hamer when he first burst onto the scene, but he doesn't really seem to have progressed much since then despite playing 80+ games. The managerial merry-go-round and almost universal ineptitude of his team-mates probably hasn't helped with that, though.

Still only 20 and has a great attitude, so potential is there. Perhaps a change of scene is what he needs.

Still only 20. 

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. Technically sound, very fit and, as you say, has a great attitude. If, as is reported, Brentford are looking at him then he must have ticked a lot of boxes for them to want to bring him in.

I would be more than happy if he did stay this season but would be happy for him if he did move on to enhance his career.

£££ 😀

Archived