Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Still only 20. 

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. Technically sound, very fit and, as you say, has a great attitude. If, as is reported, Brentford are looking at him then he must have ticked a lot of boxes for them to want to bring him in.

I would be more than happy if he did stay this season but would be happy for him if he did move on to enhance his career.

£££ 😀

Hopefully we won't do anything stupid regarding any sell on clause. Like we did with the last defender we sold to Brentford. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. 

It really is strange how 2 people can watch the same games/player and have completely different views. I had very high hopes of Hamer initially. He has not progressed one iota - he's gone backwards. My last game watching Latics was when we got ferkin hammered at Fleetwood away in the mickey mouse cup. Hamer was absolutely dog shite and yet there were "happy clappers" cheering him as he took one of his famous, unproductive long throws about 80 mins in (we'd conceded 5 by this time to a 2nd string Fleetwood) - were you one of the happy clappers? 

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It really is strange how 2 people can watch the same games/player and have completely different views. I had very high hopes of Hamer initially. He has not progressed one iota - he's gone backwards. My last game watching Latics was when we got ferkin hammered at Fleetwood away in the mickey mouse cup. Hamer was absolutely dog shite and yet there were "happy clappers" cheering him as he took one of his famous, unproductive long throws about 80 mins in (we'd conceded 5 by this time to a 2nd string Fleetwood) - were you one of the happy clappers? 

Didn't you say Fane was going to be a Premiership footballer?

Having watched Hamer the whole of last season and the 2 before Id say he's progressed and at 20 years of age can certainly get better and play at a higher level. Id like him to stay but If I was him I'd be pushing for a move.

Were yòu also one of those who thought Eardley was shit and wrote off Tarkowski?

I'm a big fan of Hamer, love his commitment, aerial ability and long throw ( it's not his fault that no one wanted to put there head in where it hurts the last few seasons). 

I think the main areas that let him down are the 3 most important one:

Stopping crosses

Positioning 

Crossing

However at 20 there's plenty of time to improve. 

Wouldn't be the first young player to leave BP with his lower league critics to go on and have a successful career at a much higher level, let's face it if someone like Jonathan Grounds can become a Championship regular with Birmingham City then there must be something to work with a much younger Ryan Hamer.

Another factor that shouldn't be understated is the absolute shit show that these young professionals are operating under, many of our young players have had more managers than seasoned players have had clubs and it could be virtually impossible to flourish in the sides we have been putting out.

He certainly has his strengths and undoubtedly needs work in other areas of his game but one things for sure if he fits the profile for Brentford he could potentially be much better than he's showed for us.

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

...hammered at Fleetwood away in the mickey mouse cup... were you one of the happy clappers? 

I know that I am a diehard supporter but even I would pass at travelling midweek from where I live to Fleetwood for a ‘Mickey Mouse Cup’ game  😀

49 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Did we have any fee paying signings lined up? I wasn't expecting any so as long as we can still sign frees and loans, I don't think this will be much of a setback 

Kin ell. I've heard it all now. 

Archived