• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was great in his day, but his legs have gone. Always remember his hat trick at Maine Road. 

I’m not saying we’ll do anything this season, I’m as disappointed as most with the standard of football we’re seeing but at the moment BUT we’re unbeaten in four and picking points up.   As

Hey pal thanks for the detailed run down on the lad.      downvote.          you don’t change teams.        fuck off. 

Posted Images

On 4/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, LaticsPete said:

Alan Nixon is saying that Brighton are after Zac Emmerson. Presumably they have seen more of him than the 11 minutes he has played for the first team.

Released . Seems as though he’s been on Brighton’s radar for a little while

On 6/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, LaticsPete said:

Released . Seems as though he’s been on Brighton’s radar for a little while

Looks the be the end of the youth set up, scrapped and replaced by freebie u23s from  home and abroad on short term contracts it seems to me.  

Be sad if that happened, I've been watching the youth team since the days of Les Chapman.

Edited by BP1960
40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looks the be the end of the youth set up, scrapped and replaced by freebie u23s from  home and abroad on short term contracts it seems to me.  

Be sad if that happened, I've been watching the youth team since the days of Les Chapman.

Wasn't it said (either by Corney or AL. I can't remember) that the youth setup costs £250,000 pa. to run? If so, is it worth it for the odd player we are able to sell on? No doubt there are sell on clauses in George's deal, but as this young lad wasn't under contract can we ask for a sell on fee? We could make money from the U23 cast offs. All we are doing now under the new rules, is developing players for the Prem clubs to steal for a pittance if they are showing promise.

This tweet from Mike Minay contradicts what one or two have said....

“Oldham youngster Zak Emmerson has interest from Brighton.

Still some negotiations to be had.

Could be six figures.”

Certainly I had thought he was a first year scholar, not under a professional contract. It would seem unusual to release scholars early – they stay for the full scholarship then leave if not offered a deal.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Sun reporting that Brentford want Hamer...

If true, they will have done their research on him. He would go into their B team. Whatever we get for him as a fee let’s hope that there’s a healthy sell-on clause 😀

Not sure whether Tom is that level. When he first came on the scene at the age he did, the potential was a real possibility. In the couple of years since he's played in mainly a struggling side so it's hard to judge. 

If he gets the chance I hope he takes it. Obviously worked hard to get it. Good luck to the lad. 

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Not sure whether Tom is that level. When he first came on the scene at the age he did, the potential was a real possibility. In the couple of years since he's played in mainly a struggling side so it's hard to judge. 

If he gets the chance I hope he takes it. Obviously worked hard to get it. Good luck to the lad. 

He will improve there, but not here IMO, so it would be a good move for all parties.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He will improve there, but not here IMO, so it would be a good move for all parties.

Perhaps or new ‘assistant head coach to the new  head coach’ will improve him from a defensive standpoint? As you say either outcome would be good. 

Was he not also linked with Coventry recently 🤔

Was quite excited about Hamer when he first burst onto the scene, but he doesn't really seem to have progressed much since then despite playing 80+ games. The managerial merry-go-round and almost universal ineptitude of his team-mates probably hasn't helped with that, though.

Still only 20 and has a great attitude, so potential is there. Perhaps a change of scene is what he needs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Perhaps or new ‘assistant head coach to the new  head coach’ will improve him from a defensive standpoint? As you say either outcome would be good. 

Was he not also linked with Coventry recently 🤔

Think that may have been Gustavo Hamer.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:24 AM, OneSizeFitz said:

Was quite excited about Hamer when he first burst onto the scene, but he doesn't really seem to have progressed much since then despite playing 80+ games. The managerial merry-go-round and almost universal ineptitude of his team-mates probably hasn't helped with that, though.

Still only 20 and has a great attitude, so potential is there. Perhaps a change of scene is what he needs.

Still only 20. 

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. Technically sound, very fit and, as you say, has a great attitude. If, as is reported, Brentford are looking at him then he must have ticked a lot of boxes for them to want to bring him in.

I would be more than happy if he did stay this season but would be happy for him if he did move on to enhance his career.

£££ 😀

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Still only 20. 

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. Technically sound, very fit and, as you say, has a great attitude. If, as is reported, Brentford are looking at him then he must have ticked a lot of boxes for them to want to bring him in.

I would be more than happy if he did stay this season but would be happy for him if he did move on to enhance his career.

£££ 😀

Hopefully we won't do anything stupid regarding any sell on clause. Like we did with the last defender we sold to Brentford. 

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

My opinion is that he has progressed significantly since he made his debut over two years ago. 

It really is strange how 2 people can watch the same games/player and have completely different views. I had very high hopes of Hamer initially. He has not progressed one iota - he's gone backwards. My last game watching Latics was when we got ferkin hammered at Fleetwood away in the mickey mouse cup. Hamer was absolutely dog shite and yet there were "happy clappers" cheering him as he took one of his famous, unproductive long throws about 80 mins in (we'd conceded 5 by this time to a 2nd string Fleetwood) - were you one of the happy clappers? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It really is strange how 2 people can watch the same games/player and have completely different views. I had very high hopes of Hamer initially. He has not progressed one iota - he's gone backwards. My last game watching Latics was when we got ferkin hammered at Fleetwood away in the mickey mouse cup. Hamer was absolutely dog shite and yet there were "happy clappers" cheering him as he took one of his famous, unproductive long throws about 80 mins in (we'd conceded 5 by this time to a 2nd string Fleetwood) - were you one of the happy clappers? 

Didn't you say Fane was going to be a Premiership footballer?

Having watched Hamer the whole of last season and the 2 before Id say he's progressed and at 20 years of age can certainly get better and play at a higher level. Id like him to stay but If I was him I'd be pushing for a move.

Were yòu also one of those who thought Eardley was shit and wrote off Tarkowski?

I'm a big fan of Hamer, love his commitment, aerial ability and long throw ( it's not his fault that no one wanted to put there head in where it hurts the last few seasons). 

I think the main areas that let him down are the 3 most important one:

Stopping crosses

Positioning 

Crossing

However at 20 there's plenty of time to improve.