Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Apparently not. 

With 13 senior players, 3 of which could be off I think we should just be grateful to have a starting 11. 

I wonder if Baz can fudge the paperwork, and get a couple of ringers in? 

Reminding me a lot of the run up to the season with Stephen Robinson as manager.

That didn't end well.  Didn't start well either.

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Will Tarko be drafted in as his replacement? 

I'd like to think so. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Tarky is a much better player than Maguire. For me, Maguire is a bit Phil Jones. Makes too many unforced mistakes; both Championship standard, but not much more. Still, I'm not the England manager.

25 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'd like to think so. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Tarky is a much better player than Maguire. For me, Maguire is a bit Phil Jones. Makes too many unforced mistakes; both Championship standard, but not much more. Still, I'm not the England manager.

Both Championship standard but both captain sides in the top half of the premier league ? Come off it. 

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Both Championship standard but both captain sides in the top half of the premier league ? Come off it. 

I meant Maguire and Jones are Championship standard, not Tarky. I honestly think he's better than both of those.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Are we genuinely going to sign anyone ? The first game is a week on Saturday. 

Crusoe lists our 13 contracted pros which realistically could actually be 11 if Woods and Wheater are, as alleged, frozen out due to Covid contract related issues.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but La Paz, Branger, Mouche and Egert are also no longer part of the 20/21 squad.

Historically, our first team squad of 22-25 players has generally been the norm, which has included a full complement of loans, plus the odd promising youth or two.

So, where does that leave us now? Are we still around 8 or 9 signings short?

6 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Crusoe lists our 13 contracted pros which realistically could actually be 11 if Woods and Wheater are, as alleged, frozen out due to Covid contract related issues.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but La Paz, Branger, Mouche and Egert are also no longer part of the 20/21 squad.

Historically, our first team squad of 22-25 players has generally been the norm, which has included a full complement of loans, plus the odd promising youth or two.

Almost a signing a day then! Crazy 

6 hours ago, hollandspies said:

I agree it would have been far better to have the majority of the squad together at this stage of the close season.

We could also say, historically we would have the majority of the season ticket money in the kitty too. Could be a symptom?. That's been done to death I guess on here, but it was decided that wouldn't contribute.

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

I do not think anything about the coming season will be comparable to previous years.  Clubs will be operating with smaller squads and less revenue as a result of COVID-19.  It will be a fine balance of remaining solvent and trying to be competitive for many lower league clubs.  We are not the only ones in this situation; I have colleagues who are Grimsby Town fans, and they say they only have 9 first team players under contract.  It will be a busy couple of weeks but the days of bigger squads are probably no longer realistic.     

4 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I do not think anything about the coming season will be comparable to previous years.  Clubs will be operating with smaller squads and less revenue as a result of COVID-19.  It will be a fine balance of remaining solvent and trying to be competitive for many lower league clubs.  We are not the only ones in this situation; I have colleagues who are Grimsby Town fans, and they say they only have 9 first team players under contract.  It will be a busy couple of weeks but the days of bigger squads are probably no longer realistic.     

I mean you need 2 for every position at least. 

1 hour ago, Lags said:

We could also say, historically we would have the majority of the season ticket money in the kitty too. Could be a symptom?. That's been done to death I guess on here, but it was decided that wouldn't contribute.

Natalie told us that season ticket money was just a bonus

Suggestion by DMaarms on Twitter that 2 being signed before weekend.  I reckon those will be the midfield pairing we’ve been playing in friendlies - Saul Milanovic & Callum Whelan.  

Still need at least another 2 midfielders, a striker (Mampala rumoured from Everton U23), a winger and full backs?  That’s 6 to account for injuries but I suspect we’d rely on youth if that happens.

Also depends on formation as looks like Kewell playing front 3?

Archived