Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Crusoe said:

Why would you assume the club is wrong? Doesn’t seem very balanced.

Why would you assume the club is wrong, given it was Natalie's statement. Doesn't seem very balanced.

Do you know what, I'd really like to know why some posters on this board treat every post I leave as if it was about me. It's not. I really am not that interesting to warrant it. Just read the  subject matter and answer accordingly, that's why you're here and me oddly.

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

I'd suggest Natalie was wrong if that's the case. What do you think?

If she did say it. She isn’t in position to say that as an employee. So I think it’s clear she had discussed it with the great man. Otherwise our MD has gone rouge- highly unlikely. As she will know, anyone who speaks against regime or without authorisation gets the chop. 

If season ticket money doesn’t matter, it’s fair to ask why we have 13 contracted players a week before the season starts. 

If season ticket money does matter really- then we’ll have to put this under another one of the great mans quips.

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If she did say it. She isn’t in position to say that as an employee. So I think it’s clear she had discussed it with the great man. Otherwise our MD has gone rouge- highly unlikely. As she will know, anyone who speaks against regime or without authorisation gets the chop. 

If season ticket money doesn’t matter, it’s fair to ask why we have 13 contracted players a week before the season starts. 

If season ticket money does matter really- then we’ll have to put this under another one of the great mans quips.

In true OWTB fashion, a lot of assumed conversations taking place there. Culminating in another of the great mans quips. Not a dig personally, it's just what happens and becomes lore. 

I reckon season ticket money is important. Less so in the Premier league where sky money and more so (currently) BT money is the main income.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

It seems inconceivable that season ticket money is unimportant. It also seems inconceivable that the club's Managing Director would say that is the case. Can't have a stab at rationalising that. 

100%

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

It seems inconceivable that season ticket money is unimportant. It also seems inconceivable that the club's Managing Director would say that is the case. Can't have a stab at rationalising that. 

She absolutely did say it - I’m sure it was in the minutes of one of the PTB meetings - if someone there could clarify?

she said “as far as Abdallah is concerned any season ticket money is seen as “extra income” 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

She absolutely did say it - I’m sure it was in the minutes of one of the PTB meetings - if someone there could clarify?

she said “as far as Abdallah is concerned any season ticket money is seen as “extra income” 

Wasn't doubting so, just couldn't imagine why. 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Extra income well that sounds more plausible. I think some people have choose to take that different to what was meant, ie a bonus and make it sound trivial.. Extra income comes from all revenue streams and I'd guess that's what Natalie meant.  Just my take of course.

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

In true OWTB fashion, a lot of assumed conversations taking place there. Culminating in another of the great mans quips. Not a dig personally, it's just what happens and becomes lore. 

I reckon season ticket money is important. Less so in the Premier league where sky money and more so (currently) BT money is the main income.

Several people quoted her at the time. 
Perhaps someone can remind us? 

Of course season ticket is important which make the comments silly and unprofessional. I also think it’s fair to assume that she wouldn’t make comments like that without her boss say so. 

If AL didn’t know, do you think the MD as an employee has the outright authority to say that? 

Or it is possible/more likely she’s not that stupid and she is speaking with the chairman’s consent? 

20 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Cheers. 

That’s a funny one depending on your view. 

It’s either- 

We can manage without the fans. 

or 

We can’t budget for fans due to Covid, so anything we get is a bonus. 

Id suggest it’s the latter. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Several people quoted her at the time. 
Perhaps someone can remind us? 

Of course season ticket is important which make the comments silly and unprofessional. I also think it’s fair to assume that she wouldn’t make comments like that without her boss say so. 

If AL didn’t know, do you think the MD as an employee has the outright authority to say that? 

Or it is possible/more likely she’s not that stupid and she is speaking with the chairman’s consent? 

The posts quoting her as saying ST money is just a bonus, with the connotation that fan's money doesn't matter, have subsequently been updated. That Natalie said it's viewed as extra income. Depending on the individuals narrative this will be given spin which ever way suits. As I posted above, I'd like to think Natalie meant ST money is viewed as extra income just as any revenue stream is. 

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

The posts quoting her as saying ST money is just a bonus, with the connotation that fan's money doesn't matter, have subsequently been updated. That Natalie said it's viewed as extra income. Depending on the individuals narrative this will be given spin which ever way suits. As I posted above, I'd like to think Natalie meant ST money is viewed as extra income just as any revenue stream is. 

Yeah, having seen the actual quote now. I’d tend to agree. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Does that mean she’s embarrassed?...

1 hour ago, Lags said:

If i remember, the statement was more along the lines that any extra season ticket sales over and above what we normally get would be seen as extra income bot that all season ticket sales are a bonus. Any business would budget on a worst case scenario and a best case scenario. The facts are if season ticket sales were down by 1000 x £270 = £270,000 it would mean the owner having to put in an extra £22,500 per month. Now he could of course cut the playing budget by said £22,500 a month which would be the squad being reduced by 3 players on £1,500 a week or hoping we start the season well and half of the 1000 returning as pay on the day customers for 50% of home games which would bring in approx. £126,500

38 minutes ago, PeteG said:

If i remember, the statement was more along the lines that any extra season ticket sales over and above what we normally get would be seen as extra income bot that all season ticket sales are a bonus. Any business would budget on a worst case scenario and a best case scenario. The facts are if season ticket sales were down by 1000 x £270 = £270,000 it would mean the owner having to put in an extra £22,500 per month. Now he could of course cut the playing budget by said £22,500 a month which would be the squad being reduced by 3 players on £1,500 a week or hoping we start the season well and half of the 1000 returning as pay on the day customers for 50% of home games which would bring in approx. £126,500

You are not going to be a welcome newcomer if this continues (for some). I see you as a bonus  and have valuable input for the members of the board to consider.  

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

You are not going to be a welcome newcomer if this continues (for some). I see you as a bonus  and have valuable input for the members of the board to consider.  

Can I just add for balance, I also consider what all the posters submit. Whether I then agree with their input is irrelevant, I still consider the points made.

4 hours ago, Lags said:

Extra income well that sounds more plausible. I think some people have choose to take that different to what was meant, ie a bonus and make it sound trivial.. Extra income comes from all revenue streams and I'd guess that's what Natalie meant.  Just my take of course.

She was referring to was that Abdallah was prepared to subsidise the whole expense, and any reduction in that by season ticket money was a bonus.

Inevitably, that's not sustainable, and potentially dangerous, especially if that debt is shifted back to the club with practically no assets to it's name.

Or people ould just turn a blind eye and cross their fingers.

Just now, singe said:

She was referring to was that Abdallah was prepared to subsidise the whole expense, and any reduction in that by season ticket money was a bonus.

Inevitably, that's not sustainable, and potentially dangerous, especially if that debt is shifted back to the club with practically no assets to it's name.

Or people ould just turn a blind eye and cross their fingers.

That was cleared up earlier Singe. It seems more plausible of MD to say. I get you want everyone to be against the board like you. You'd like no one to buy ST's etc., yet you still want the club to do all the right things that takes money.  I've no issue with you wanting the board out, that's your right, but start doing some good whilst waging your crusade for the well being of our club.

Archived