Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

A common arrangement  is that the parent club pay the wages when the loanee plays  but the host club has to contribute when the loanee doesn’t 

I don’t know how the vast majority of league one and two clubs can afford that. 

Most prem kids now are on at least 5k a week and some a lot more. If they play just twice a month that’s would cost us 10k which seems astronomical. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Most prem kids now are on at least 5k a week and some a lot more. If they play just twice a month that’s would cost us 10k which seems astronomical. 

Not sure you've grasped that fully. Free if they play, costly if they don't. So they play regardless. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That is why the likes of Plummer Scappuzzi and Mancini got games at Latics

Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

That is why the likes of Plummer Scappuzzi and Mancini got games at Latics

Yeah, I’m with you. Misunderstood what you meant initially. To be honest it seems perfectly reasonable to me, what’s the point of sending young lads out on loan to not play? It defeats the object. Plus it should make the ‘buying’ club a lot more prudent in they who they go for, rather than a risk free no obligation signing. 

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So this would fit with why we don't sign many premier league players? Would Surridge be the last?

Doubt it. It's more likely that PL clubs don't think their young players will learn much at the arse end of League 2.

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I’m with you. Misunderstood what you meant initially. To be honest it seems perfectly reasonable to me, what’s the point of sending young lads out on loan to not play? It defeats the object. Plus it should make the ‘buying’ club a lot more prudent in they who they go for, rather than a risk free no obligation signing. 

Seriously? So even if a spoilt kid can't be bothered to train, turn up on time, respect the manager etc he should just play anyway?? 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously? So even if a spoilt kid can't be bothered to train, turn up on time, respect the manager etc he should just play anyway?? 

Yes Dave. That’s exactly what I’m saying. 🙄

While no signing is risk free, I do wonder how many managers take the time to research their character and talk to them. I think in the past there has been definitely been stockpiling, because there is no penalty to poor recruitment. 

Do you want two kids from city?

Will it cost us?

No.

Yeah, bring them in why not.

Turns out that the kid from 3 divisions higher thought he would play. But the manager has seen him close up and doesn’t think he’s ready, so doesn’t play him. City thought when we took them on they’d play for a club 3 divisions lower but somehow he can’t catch. 

If the buying club researched and scouted their loans properly knowing that if they get it wrong there is a cost to poor decisions making. You would see fewer but better quality loans which genuinely suit both parties, and avoid sulky kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

While no signing is risk free, I do wonder how many managers take the time to research their character and talk to them. I think in the past there has been definitely been stockpiling, because there is no penalty to poor loan recruitment. 

Will it cost us?

No.

Turns out that the kid from 3 divisions higher thought he would play. But the manager has seen him close up and doesn’t think he’s ready, so doesn’t play him. City thought when we took them on they’d play for a club 3 divisions lower but somehow he can’t catch. 

If the buying club researched and scouted their loans properly knowing that if they get it wrong there is a cost to poor decisions making. You would see fewer but better quality loans which genuinely suit both parties, and avoid sulky kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

While no signing is risk free, I do wonder how many managers take the time to research their character and talk to them. I think in the past there has been definitely been stockpiling, because there is no penalty to poor recruitment. 

Will it cost us?

No.

My gast is well and truly flabberred. We've been here before remember with a City player. Name escapes me, ended up playing for Real Salt Lake after we'd sent him back because he refused to play for the reserves after being out injured. Can do without brats like that around the place pissing off players who deserve a starting place. 

Edit. Albert Rusnak. What a pillock. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

My gast is well and truly flabberred. We've been here before remember with a City player. Name escapes me, ended up playing for Real Salt Lake after we'd sent him back because he refused to play for the reserves after being out injured. Can do without brats like that around the place pissing off players who deserve a starting place. 

Edit. Albert Rusnak. What a pillock. 

😂How long ago was Rusnak- 8/10 years? 

You’ve made the same point again Dave.  Should bad apples play no matter what- er no. Who said they should? 

One last try- my point is about lower league clubs stockpiling loan signings because it doesn’t cost them anything. If it did, which it now looks like it does. Clubs maybe more prudent and scout better. Hence you’re Rusnak’s of this world wouldn't sign for us in the first place. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂How long ago was Rusnak- 8/10 years? 

You’ve made the same point again Dave.  Should bad apples play no matter what- er no. Who said they should? 

One last try- my point is about lower league clubs stockpiling loan signings because it doesn’t cost them anything. If it did, which it now looks like it does. Clubs maybe more prudent and scout better. Hence you’re Rusnak’s of this world wouldn't sign for us in the first place. 

There's no way on earth that any player should ever be guaranteed a starting place no matter what. 

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It really isn't. Palace wrote to all lower league clubs suggesting that would be the basis of any loans. It's far closer to back door B teams than the EFL trophy or whatever it's called. 

Such agreements may exist but I would doubt they are “common”, most clubs like ours can’t afford premier league wages where even the kids are on ridiculous amounts (yes 5 grand plus a week is ridiculous).

I also know for a fact that not playing Cameron Burgess and Freddie Ladapo once we realised they were shit (for us) didn’t cost the club a penny with Fulham and Palace continuing to foot the bill 

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Such agreements may exist but I would doubt they are “common”, most clubs like ours can’t afford premier league wages where even the kids are on ridiculous amounts (yes 5 grand plus a week is ridiculous).

I also know for a fact that not playing Cameron Burgess and Freddie Ladapo once we realised they were shit (for us) didn’t cost the club a penny with Fulham and Palace continuing to foot the bill 

The same Ladapo now playing in the Championship after scoring 14 in 31 matches last season and the Burgess playing in Division 1 ?

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The same Ladapo now playing in the Championship after scoring 14 in 31 matches last season and the Burgess playing in Division 1 ?

That’s why the brackets included “for us” which they were 

** and Burgess has spent the last 3 years in this league - he has made 0 appearances for Accrington having only just signed for them so “playing in division 1” is a bit of a stretch for now 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bit of a volte face from “ Absolute Bollocks”

Archived