Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Burnley have rejected a £30m move from West Ham for Tarki

Cant just be me who thought he wasnt fast enough to play in the Premier League 

Very well played James 👏👏

In the words of Jim Bowen...come and have a look what you could have won!!

How much did Corney cash in our sell on clause for...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2020 at 11:08 PM, League one forever said:

Yes Dave. That’s exactly what I’m saying. 🙄

While no signing is risk free, I do wonder how many managers take the time to research their character and talk to them. I think in the past there has been definitely been stockpiling, because there is no penalty to poor recruitment. 

Do you want two kids from city?

Will it cost us?

No.

Yeah, bring them in why not.

Turns out that the kid from 3 divisions higher thought he would play. But the manager has seen him close up and doesn’t think he’s ready, so doesn’t play him. City thought when we took them on they’d play for a club 3 divisions lower but somehow he can’t catch. 

If the buying club researched and scouted their loans properly knowing that if they get it wrong there is a cost to poor decisions making. You would see fewer but better quality loans which genuinely suit both parties, and avoid sulky kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

Few clubs scout anymore, agents recommend players on their books to keep the profits ticking over.

On 9/23/2020 at 1:35 PM, oafcmetty said:

In for Matty Palmer apparently. Although Shez also wants him.

Swindon signed him in January. but didn't play him. Wellens says we have put two bids in, so we must be paying a fee. He will be better off at Wigan because Shez obviously got the best out of him.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, StoodinaBoshell said:

Can't imagine Richie Wellens will have much of anything good to say about us to him. More chance of Roger Palmer.

Matty Palmer:

"Oldham have offered more but the player’s not willing to go, he’d rather go to Wigan, which I understand."

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18745441.wellens-reveals-oldham-bid-matt-palmer/

Just now, latics22 said:

Hes a prick!

We treat our players like shit.  As a manager he's looking out for one of his current players.  I'm not surprised at all he'd understand that a player would rather go elsewhere.

Or it might not even have anything to do with that - could just be our current position and that Palmer feels he should be playing higher up.

Can't blame Palmer or Wellens if it's either or both of those reasons.  We must be an incredibly unattractive option for most players.

Just now, nzlatic said:

We treat our players like shit.  As a manager he's looking out for one of his current players.  I'm not surprised at all he'd understand that a player would rather go elsewhere.

Or it might not even have anything to do with that - could just be our current position and that Palmer feels he should be playing higher up.

Can't blame Palmer or Wellens if it's either or both of those reasons.  We must be an incredibly unattractive option for most players.

Did wellens need to public state it? He would have been loving it. Were not attractive obviously; but hes a player who I assume would be desperate to play. Keep your head down get some game time, move on. 

Archived