• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was great in his day, but his legs have gone. Always remember his hat trick at Maine Road. 

I’m not saying we’ll do anything this season, I’m as disappointed as most with the standard of football we’re seeing but at the moment BUT we’re unbeaten in four and picking points up.   As

Hahahahaha you said member...

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Offers from four clubs.  Doubt we in the medal positions. 

And it’s probably a token offer so at a later date Barry can say we were in for him before mocking his tree pulling ability’s (sorry plant pulling)

On 9/8/2020 at 11:08 PM, League one forever said:

Yes Dave. That’s exactly what I’m saying. 🙄

While no signing is risk free, I do wonder how many managers take the time to research their character and talk to them. I think in the past there has been definitely been stockpiling, because there is no penalty to poor recruitment. 

Do you want two kids from city?

Will it cost us?

No.

Yeah, bring them in why not.

Turns out that the kid from 3 divisions higher thought he would play. But the manager has seen him close up and doesn’t think he’s ready, so doesn’t play him. City thought when we took them on they’d play for a club 3 divisions lower but somehow he can’t catch. 

If the buying club researched and scouted their loans properly knowing that if they get it wrong there is a cost to poor decisions making. You would see fewer but better quality loans which genuinely suit both parties, and avoid sulky kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

Few clubs scout anymore, agents recommend players on their books to keep the profits ticking over.

Hey all! 
Rumour in Australia that Perth Glory defender Alex Grant is heading over to the Latics. 
Great defender with some good experience in Aus and was in England as a young fella. Great get for this level if he makes the move. 

2 hours ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

Can't imagine Richie Wellens will have much of anything good to say about us to him. More chance of Roger Palmer.

Wellens already said he doesn’t want to come to us 

On 9/23/2020 at 1:35 PM, oafcmetty said:

In for Matty Palmer apparently. Although Shez also wants him.

Swindon signed him in January. but didn't play him. Wellens says we have put two bids in, so we must be paying a fee. He will be better off at Wigan because Shez obviously got the best out of him.

Edited by al_bro
5 hours ago, al_bro said:

Swindon signed him in January. but didn't play him. Wellens says we have put two bids in, so we must be paying a fee. He will be better off at Wigan because Shez obviously got the best out of him.

Loan offers 

On 9/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, StoodinaBoshell said:

Can't imagine Richie Wellens will have much of anything good to say about us to him. More chance of Roger Palmer.

Matty Palmer:

"Oldham have offered more but the player’s not willing to go, he’d rather go to Wigan, which I understand."

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18745441.wellens-reveals-oldham-bid-matt-palmer/

Just now, latics22 said:

Hes a prick!

We treat our players like shit.  As a manager he's looking out for one of his current players.  I'm not surprised at all he'd understand that a player would rather go elsewhere.

Or it might not even have anything to do with that - could just be our current position and that Palmer feels he should be playing higher up.

Can't blame Palmer or Wellens if it's either or both of those reasons.  We must be an incredibly unattractive option for most players.

• Like 3
Just now, nzlatic said:

We treat our players like shit.  As a manager he's looking out for one of his current players.  I'm not surprised at all he'd understand that a player would rather go elsewhere.

Or it might not even have anything to do with that - could just be our current position and that Palmer feels he should be playing higher up.

Can't blame Palmer or Wellens if it's either or both of those reasons.  We must be an incredibly unattractive option for most players.

Did wellens need to public state it? He would have been loving it. Were not attractive obviously; but hes a player who I assume would be desperate to play. Keep your head down get some game time, move on. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Keep your head down get some game time, move on. 

Until he takes the last slice of cake in the canteen so Mo has to go without and gets banished to the youth team for the rest of the season.

Edit: this is assuming we have a canteen.  Which we probably don't. So maybe I should change that to "refuses to give Mo the kitkat from his packed lunch"

Edited by nzlatic
17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Did wellens need to public state it? He would have been loving it. Were not attractive obviously; but hes a player who I assume would be desperate to play. Keep your head down get some game time, move on. 

Or he could have been asked a question by the player and answered it honestly, then been asked that same question by the press and answered in the same truthful vein.

Shez probably had exactly the same conversation with the player.

Strangle wank over a hypothetical generation hopping midfield three of Shez, Wellens and Palmer.

💦💦💦💦💦☔☔

• Like 1

Alfie McCalmont on loan from Leeds for a year what a baller, seen him play for Northern Ireland and under 21 level. 

Edited by Fervid
8 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Alfie McCalmont on loan from Leeds for a year what a baller, seen him play for Northern Ireland and under 21 level. 

From Wiki:

McCalmont plays as a deep lying central midfielder. He plays mainly as a playmaking defensive midfielder, known for his passing and ability on the ball, dictating the play.

oh and he’s twenty years old...

Edited by TheBigDog