Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

Why would we be paying him now if we refused to pay him in March to Sept? 

I dont known the inns and outs, but he was apprently on reduced pay whilst furloughed. So now will be back on full pay or he would be dragging us through the courts.

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Woods' photo back on first team squad (his and Wheater's were removed after our latest shambolic "Club Statement) wonder if that means we are recalling him?

It went back on there when we sent him out on loan.

If the Lawlor injury is serious though he could well be recalled. Or even ZDLP...👀

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It went back on there when we sent him out on loan.

If the Lawlor injury is serious though he could well be recalled. Or even ZDLP...👀

Chapman certainly doesn't look ready. He's also quite short for a GK.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

“I’ve got some talented young players but we have a couple of players we’re looking at and if we can get them across the line I think they’ll be great additions.”

Despite going off in the defeat against Morecambe Ian Lawlor could be fit to face Bolton on Saturday.

🤞

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Yay players up for a relegation fight! And we cant afford a senior keeper! We have one out on loan !

It's kind of what we need at the moment.

Yeah I know we shouldn't be in this mess etc but we want players who can pull us clear of the relegation zone.

That doesn't mean I want a group of cloggers necessarily it can come in all shapes and sizes and backgrounds just aslong as they make us better.

There is something that doesn’t add up about wanting players who are up for fighting relegation.( with 41 games to play) ...why?

wouldnt a better strategy be to find players who are good enough to help us win games and not be in a relegation position. Players who are proven good players in a relegation battle are Ipso facto players who play in relegation threatened sides. If you are playing in a team in the bottom positions is there not at least a case that you are part of the problem. 

30 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

There is something that doesn’t add up about wanting players who are up for fighting relegation.( with 41 games to play) ...why?

wouldnt a better strategy be to find players who are good enough to help us win games and not be in a relegation position. Players who are proven good players in a relegation battle are Ipso facto players who play in relegation threatened sides. If you are playing in a team in the bottom positions is there not at least a case that you are part of the problem. 

It's obvious we need a couple of experienced "battle hardened" players in midfield and defence who know how to win games. 

You react to where you are, not where you'd like to be ! 

22 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's obvious we need a couple of experienced "battle hardened" players in midfield and defence who know how to win games. 

You react to where you are, not where you'd like to be ! 

Yes but we have played 5 out of 46 and to talk about the need to sign players who are up for a relegation battle is hardly a positive mindset and is likely to be a self fulfilling prophecy 

24 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Yes but we have played 5 out of 46 and to talk about the need to sign players who are up for a relegation battle is hardly a positive mindset and is likely to be a self fulfilling prophecy 

Aye. It smacks off- we just want to finish third from bottom. 

But then, that’s a hardly a surprise I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Strange day for me, found myself totally agreeing with this post. 

2 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Players who are proven good players in a relegation battle are Ipso facto players who play in relegation threatened sides. If you are playing in a team in the bottom positions is there not at least a case that you are part of the problem. 

There's some truth to that but its not 100%. Peter Clark managed to get relegated twice in one season - but I'd take someone with his attitude, commitment and leadership in a heartbeat.

25 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

There's some truth to that but its not 100%. Peter Clark managed to get relegated twice in one season - but I'd take someone with his attitude, commitment and leadership in a heartbeat.

Didn’t he get relegated last season too.

....and at Blackpool in 2015 . 4 relegations in 5 seasons? 

Was it Ritchie who on deadline day (ish) signed Carss, Hughes and Kilkenny when we were in a bit of a hole? 
What a master stroke that was!....

and, as a result, didn’t we celebrate (relatively) good times?

Over to you ‘Kewell and the Gang’.

Joking aside, we need 3 quality signings on Friday.

Archived