Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Was it Ritchie who on deadline day (ish) signed Carss, Hughes and Kilkenny when we were in a bit of a hole? 
What a master stroke that was!....

Ritchie signed Shez, Carss and John McGinley, if memory serves..

Kilkenny and Hughes were quite a few years later, I think..

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Ritchie signed Shez, Carss and John McGinley, if memory serves..

Kilkenny and Hughes were quite a few years later, I think..

That's how I remember it too. Their first match was a 3-0 win away at Bradford and there was a third signing in there, possibly from city???

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

That's how I remember it too. Their first match was a 3-0 win away at Bradford and there was a third signing in there, possibly from city???

Lee Croft, possibly?

I think the first game for the Ritchie trio was a 1-1 draw at Millwall, played in torrential rain on a waterlogged pitch, which was lucky to finish..

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah that's it, it was Croft. Think he scored too. 

Back then they showed a desire to play for the club, not sure if many of the loanees nowadays have the same attitude.

Might be something to do with not wanting to come to play for this owner though as word gets round the club is a shambles.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Back then they showed a desire to play for the club, not sure if many of the loanees nowadays have the same attitude.

Might be something to do with not wanting to come to play for this owner though as word gets round the club is a shambles.

Lawlor seems to have the right attitude as did Lang and, to a lesser extent admittedly, Surridge. 

We're looking for a CB. This fella would seem to fit the current owners/directors profile. Cheap and available, no doubt!! 🤣😂

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/1016/1171942-ex-liverpool-prospect-admits-hatchet-job-on-dan-clearly/

13 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

No new recruits I see... it's nearly 5 O clock... isn't that the deadline?? Que De La Paz, Maouche and someone Mo found walking the street in a football kit in Dubai... 

I'd take both ZDLP and maouche right now

Archived