Transfer Rumours

On 10/22/2020 at 12:56 PM, Ackey said:

Until they are sold in Jan 😉

On 10/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Until they are given away in Jan 😉

Until they are made to play with the Youths then released for free in January.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2020 at 4:01 PM, singe said:

Until they are made to play with the Youths then released for free in January.

Very true!

Was just thinking.  When a football club says you are not required anymore, what right do they have to say we want you out running around the field on a Saturday morning. Surely it is not written into the contract that you have to do exactly what we say. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Very true!

Was just thinking.  When a football club says you are not required anymore, what right do they have to say we want you out running around the field on a Saturday morning. Surely it is not written into the contract that you have to do exactly what we say. 

It is certainly not in a player’s contract to say no but how AL would love them to say no and breach their contract 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Very true!

He's hardly likely to get another club if totally unfit.

23 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's hardly likely to get another club if totally unfit.

I’m guessing it is possible to get fully fit without running around a field on a Saturday morning.  The Saturday morning short training run is clearly just to make sure you have to travel in from home and don’t get to spend a civilised weekend with your family. (Designed to make you say to yourself, “sod it, I’m off, sod my contract”)

If you don’t recognise that as a pure bullying tactic, then I’m surprised.

24 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I’m guessing it is possible to get fully fit without running around a field on a Saturday morning.  The Saturday morning short training run is clearly just to make sure you have to travel in from home and don’t get to spend a civilised weekend with your family. (Designed to make you say to yourself, “sod it, I’m off, sod my contract”)

If you don’t recognise that as a pure bullying tactic, then I’m surprised.

Asking a professional footballer to report for work on a Saturday is bullying?  I suppose priests should have Sunday off too?

19 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Asking a professional footballer to report for work on a Saturday is bullying?  I suppose priests should have Sunday off too?

When you have told him he cannot come to the match and he will not feature in any matches, yes!

Some people on here love to argue hot is really cold.

44 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Pointless him coming here then, if he can't stand it in Oz.

Too true but there is no escape from the mindless Twatter hordes who are, apparently, total experts on the beautiful game and top-class football managers.

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Perfect time, switch off Twitter and no fans in the stadium 

The younger generations have grown up with social media and cannot bear the thought of being without it. 

Can you imagine back in the day saying "in the future everyone will live their lives in a commercial company's computer program (apps) and will spend many, many hours every day constantly using them to converse with 'friends/strangers' reading and seeing what they doing, where they are, what they are eating etc." and it would have been hard to believe.

There are many good things about the internet but equally many bad things and what has happened to this young footballer with his obvious inability or possibly lack of mental strength to do without certain aspects of social media is a shame but it's what the younger generations have to deal with and it's not going away anytime soon............ 

1 minute ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

The younger generations have grown up with social media and cannot bear the thought of being without it. 

Can you imagine back in the day saying "in the future everyone will live their lives in a commercial company's computer program (apps) and will spend many, many hours every day constantly using them to converse with 'friends/strangers' reading and seeing what they doing, where they are, what they are eating etc." and it would have been hard to believe.

There are many good things about the internet but equally many bad things and what has happened to this young footballer with his obvious inability or possibly lack of mental strength to do without certain aspects of social media is a shame but it's what the younger generations have to deal with and it's not going away anytime soon............ 

So true and just wait until artificial intelligence takes over and we merge human bodies with our machine masters!

18 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Yeah. It's like in the 80's when there was no escape from the media. Literally the whole planet was forced to read bad things. There's just no escape from it 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No escape?????

WTF are you talking about?

Meaning, wherever you go, social media is pretty prevalent. Let's not split hairs here, escaping social media is a personal choice but the younger end seem to find it impossible to achieve...and a fair few of the older end, too.

Sheep. I mean, be easier to quit twitter than Football. Latics22 is right for once with his no fans point. Unless, of course, Aussie (Association) Football has fans in, idk. 

Based on nothing it seems a knee jerk reaction to protect his mental health BUT he will just dwell on what might have been later in life.

• 5 months later...

Archived