Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wednesday said:

We signed a 32 year old from non league who the manager didn’t want and e who is back in non league but you and loads others  got excited

I think most will agree he provided some exciting moments.

I'm saying don't be held to ransom by players who are ten a penny.

Unless we are prepared to pay well over the odds (doubt it) then it is inevitable that we will be left scrabbling around as the season comes close to make up a squad.  We are a failing club with a toxic reputation and if players we want have other offers then they will give those offers due consideration.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We have been talking to a midfielder from Halifax. He has a few other clubs in for him so I doubt he will end up here...

Is he a bit of a stud? Or am I way off with that...

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If Curle was really keen on him and he'd worked with him before it should have been an early done deal.

If this player holds out on all his offers he will finish up in non league if he's not careful.

Players who have offers are in the driving seat and their agents can play club's off against each other.  It's the players still without offers near the end of the transfer window who will drop their demands.

45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Players who have offers are in the driving seat and their agents can play club's off against each other.  It's the players still without offers near the end of the transfer window who will drop their demands.

You always find that after june 30th once the old contracts end that signings happen Im not expecting us to announce any signings of players until then we may have irons in the fire as we speak. For all tge problems at the club Im not concerned about the current lack of movement in the transfer market and I do expect us to sign players. The quality, value for money, and overall judgement will be what I may question.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You always find that after june 30th once the old contracts end that signings happen Im not expecting us to announce any signings of players until then we may have irons in the fire as we speak. For all tge problems at the club Im not concerned about the current lack of movement in the transfer market and I do expect us to sign players. The quality, value for money, and overall judgement will be what I may question.

I agree

at least we wont just have Lee Croft turning up next Wednesday 

Though we will have Jameson, Diarra and Blackwood so I think Id prefer Crofty on his own 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree

Though we will have Jameson, Diarra and Blackwood so I think Id prefer Crofty on his own 

all 3 of those should be either moved on or sent out on loan.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Or they will have no offers due not taking up reasonable salaries.

That's why there's always free agents after the deadline.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Or they will have no offers due not taking up reasonable salaries.

That's why there's always free agents after the deadline.

He said those that have offers

The ones taking up “reasonable salaries” will be the ones we end up with because they can’t demand higher and the better ones can

please enter the 21st Century 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He said those that have offers

The ones taking up “reasonable salaries” will be the ones we end up with because they can’t demand higher and the better ones can

please enter the 21st Century 

The 21st century where the club are 18th in Division 2 and you think thats progress.😆

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

didnt say that either 🙄

Oh god don't get him started he will start prattling on about sports scientists and sports psychologists next. 

Despite the fact that all the worlds top coaches across all sports use them, they are all wrong and he's right.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh god don't get him started he will start prattling on about sports scientists and sports psychologists next. 

Despite the fact that all the worlds top coaches across all sports use them, they are all wrong and he's right.

The humble clipboard is too technologically advanced for him

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Derek Pringle said the same about cricket today, too many coaches and analysts.

Convince me now they have improved the batsmen in particular?

You can't of course as you blindly believe the hype everything modern is unbeatable.

As for music, convince me modern technology has improved that too?

Glad I was young in the 1960s and 70s, players like Bobby Johnstone and Alan Groves had individual flair and weren't judged by how many kilometres they ran in a game.

Only Grealish matches them today and yet Southgate wants him to defend more for the team..that's when he reluctantly picks him.

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You can't of course as you blindly believe the hype everything modern is unbeatable.

Glad I was young in the 1960s and 70s, players like Bobby Johnstone and Alan Groves had individual flair and weren't judged by how many kilometres they ran in a game.

Only Grealish matches them today and yet Southgate wants him to defend more for the team..that's when he reluctantly picks him.

Brentford have just reached the premier league with a policy based on analysis , statistics and probability. 
Only Grealish matches Alan Groves ....are you serious ? 

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know what you mean BP, but you’re wasting your time here!!😟

56 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

Brentford have just reached the premier league with a policy based on analysis , statistics and probability. 
Only Grealish matches Alan Groves ....are you serious ? 

I think Brentford have got there based on their owners pumping in tens of millions 

14 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree

There are at least 5 players under contract that we should look at moving on, including the 3 you have mentioned there. Send Blackwood to Barnet for the season...

Archived