Transfer Rumours

I'd be happy if we could just announce that McAnely is staying, but i won't hold my breath on that one. Would be nice to sign Palmer and Missile, Clough (if we could rescue his career), Hope and even Joyce as a squad player. I wouldn't mind Lawlor. He made mistakes, but he has talent and gives 100 per cent.

Still, i expect us to sign a few non league players in prep for our bright future. National League play-offs continue this weekend. Hartlepool, Stockport, Torquay and Notts County. Depressing to think about it.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

National League play-offs continue this weekend. Hartlepool, Stockport, Torquay and Notts County. Depressing to think about it.

Depressing? How so? 

They are all fine clubs with long-standing tradition who now all find themselves in the National League?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

:tumbleweed:

To be fair I can’t remember the last time we did any business early. So I didn’t or don’t expect anything for a another few weeks yet. 

Even then, it will be 12 trialists from the conference and two players Curle has worked with before, it’s all rather predictable.  

4 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Keef said signings are imminent - or was it Mo's picking them up from Immingham?

They're coming across the channel in a dinghy as we speak.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

:tumbleweed:

Theyve announced another friendly with Huddersfield and say it will be the first time the players “wear the new tangerine kit”

Did i miss an announcement about a tangerine kit? 

Well KC admits speaking to Joyce, but is hardly chasing him, he just told him to keep in touch. He probably knows that the other offers Joyce has are better than ours.

23 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Theyve announced another friendly with Huddersfield and say it will be the first time the players “wear the new tangerine kit”

Did i miss an announcement about a tangerine kit? 

Yes. When they asked for a vote on the kit and badge designs it said blue home and tangerine away

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, TheBigDog said:

Depressing? How so? 

They are all fine clubs with long-standing tradition who now all find themselves in the National League?

I don't disagree, but it just underlines the fact we're going the same way. That's why i find it depressing. Clubs similar to our own, and we're heading down the same path. It's hardly a joyous prospect.

23 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I don't disagree, but it just underlines the fact we're going the same way. That's why i find it depressing. Clubs similar to our own, and we're heading down the same path. It's hardly a joyous prospect.

It's not them I'd worry about, it's the ones replacing them. Bromley nearly got thete, 30 years ago i was playing Sunday League on their ground. 

53 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Well KC admits speaking to Joyce, but is hardly chasing him, he just told him to keep in touch. He probably knows that the other offers Joyce has are better than ours.

Make them an offer we can afford, if the say they're considering other offers for several weeks tell them we are no longer interested.

50 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah that would get us far. 

Don't you know that  there are plenty of fish in the sea?

We are talking here of a 33yo released by a Division 2 club.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Appreciate that, but surely if a player has other options he’s in demand. Rather than a player who bites your hand off at the first opportunity, not in demand. 

Anyways all down to the agents these days. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Appreciate that, but surely if a player has other options he’s in demand. Rather than a player who bites your hand off at the first opportunity, not in demand. 

Anyways all down to the agents these days. 

If Curle was really keen on him and he'd worked with him before it should have been an early done deal.

If this player holds out on all his offers he will finish up in non league if he's not careful.

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If Curle was really keen on him and he'd worked with him before it should have been an early done deal.

If this player holds out on all his offers he will finish up in non league if he's not careful.

no he will end up here on deadline day 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We signed a 32 year old from non league who the manager didn’t want and e who is back in non league but you and loads others  got excited

10 hours ago, Wednesday said:

We signed a 32 year old from non league who the manager didn’t want and e who is back in non league but you and loads others  got excited

I think most will agree he provided some exciting moments.

I'm saying don't be held to ransom by players who are ten a penny.

Unless we are prepared to pay well over the odds (doubt it) then it is inevitable that we will be left scrabbling around as the season comes close to make up a squad.  We are a failing club with a toxic reputation and if players we want have other offers then they will give those offers due consideration.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We have been talking to a midfielder from Halifax. He has a few other clubs in for him so I doubt he will end up here...

Is he a bit of a stud? Or am I way off with that...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We have been talking to a midfielder from Halifax. He has a few other clubs in for him so I doubt he will end up here...

Going to Walsall isn't he?