Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Forest keen on Bowden apparently. He's supposed to be here for the season, but we've heard that one before...

Would assume Bettache will be going straight back in Jan, since he hasn't been catching and they didn't want him to play in the FA Cup.

Don't think League 2 was the smart move for him. He played alright against Ipswich but that was because the ball was kept on the floor. It's been said time and time again but what you need in this division is nothing more than a bunch of 6ft + nasty fuckers who will grind out shit wins when the pitches fall apart and it gets cold. Depressing but it's what is needed. 

Guest Stanley30

There's a couple of strikers I've emailed the club about, one southern league premier and other championship. Both early 20's so have some experience and are available for loan. We will see 🤞

16 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

There's a couple of strikers I've emailed the club about, one southern league premier and other championship. Both early 20's so have some experience and are available for loan. We will see 🤞

But unless we escape from the embargo there is no room in the squad 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:25 PM, Worcester Owl said:

So you think he's done well for us do you?

Not the best so far. Seen it loadsa times, gifted player early taste of mans game labelled shit by Latics fans bc all he does is pass his own team (not always the reason stipulated) finds his level way above Latics.

Obvs it's correlation rather than causation, but your almost aggressively posed take it personal type reply leads me to think he will go back in Jan to move up a division or so.

Don't worry, l'm not the type to search back and quote us both when it invariably happens.

16 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I thought we had 26 players of 'professional standing', but I could be wrong. It would still mean we'd have to offload 4 players before we could bring 1 player in.

Once again see the EFL Embargo Rules for full details.

If only Mark. We probably only have fewer than five or six players of "professional standing". It's the number of players signed up that counts. Sorry to be silly but I couldn't resist. 😀

11 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

not sure we are in a position to be taking a punt on non league or youngsters. We need someone who has scored in LG 2 prior if we have any money at all. Someone who knows how to lead a line, run channels, has a physical presence so the ball sticks up front. 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Not the best so far. Seen it loadsa times, gifted player early taste of mans game labelled shit by Latics fans bc all he does is pass his own team (not always the reason stipulated) finds his level way above Latics.

Obvs it's correlation rather than causation, but your almost aggressively posed take it personal type reply leads me to think he will go back in Jan to move up a division or so.

Don't worry, l'm not the type to search back and quote us both when it invariably happens.

Based on his performances for us I’ll happily drive him to another club. I don’t care what he does when he leaves us. I do care that he’s not making enough of a contribution in what is a desperate scrap for survival.

As for “aggressively posed take it personal type reply” (🙄🤣) that’s hilarious and though we all need a good laugh this season, don’t get so wound up, pet.

56 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

not sure we are in a position to be taking a punt on non league or youngsters. We need someone who has scored in LG 2 prior if we have any money at all. Someone who knows how to lead a line, run channels, has a physical presence so the ball sticks up front. 

And who doesn't get a better offer than £800pw. Short list 

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

I thought we had 26 players of 'professional standing', but I could be wrong. It would still mean we'd have to offload 4 players before we could bring 1 player in.

Once again see the EFL Embargo Rules for full details.

If I understand rightly we can sign players who've never played a league game without gettin rid of anyone. So someone from a higher league youth set up or a non league player

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And who doesn't get a better offer than £800pw. Short list 

Im sure there’s a few carthorses with 10+ league goals and 100+ league apps not getting a game who may consider coming here above someone from the 7th tier. 

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Here's a loanee to consider.

Centre forward Charles McNeill Manchester United u23s.

34 appearances 28 goals.

Local born, I remember his dad Matty, who was also a good big centre forward.

WE. HAVE. NO. SPACE. IN. THE. SQUAD. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

WE. HAVE. NO. SPACE. IN. THE. SQUAD. 

YOU DON'T KNOW FOR SURE THE EMBARGO WILL BE LIFTED OR WE CAN MAKE SPACE BY LETTING PLAYERS GO.

I AM MERELY LOOKING AHEAD AND SUGGESTING PLAYERS WHO COULD IMPROVE THE TEAM

SORRY THE CAPS LOCK STUCK ON MY PHONE, I ASSUME YOURS DID THE SAME?

Does anyone think we have seen the last of Dearnley tonight . His body language tonight was all over the place . Feel sorry for the lad but some players just cant hack league football. He doesnt look anything like the player we had under Kewell . And looks to forcing himself not to limp when he chases a ball. Hope he pulls through but its not looking good .

5 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Does anyone think we have seen the last of Dearnley tonight . His body language tonight was all over the place . Feel sorry for the lad but some players just cant hack league football. He doesnt look anything like the player we had under Kewell . And looks to forcing himself not to limp when he chases a ball. Hope he pulls through but its not looking good .

As my missus said on Saturday, he’s running like his legs are made of broom handles.

6 hours ago, penrhyn said:

His movement when running is similar to watching people who have had a hip operation trying to walk..

8 hours ago, penrhyn said:

To be fair he was stuck up there chasing 4 defenders and the keeper with little help. Id give up if I was him. Pointless task he had. Under kewell he had attacking tactics to go off which means more motivation, more help and more chances. Then you run harder and quicker. He only had 1 or 2 half chances from outside the box last night and both he got a shot away on target. He's sharp. Just not being helped by this manager

Archived