Simon Brooke in his way?

palmer1

Rumours are rife that Simon Brooke is on his way after a fall out with Abdallah.

Do the trust know anymore on the situation and does this shake your faith in AL at all? Plenty of changes happening but some like this seem to be completley out of the blue & involve someone you all obviously trust. Whats happening?

I have no idea if this is true and as he is now an employee of the club, wouldn't be told anyway as it would be an employee/employer matter and private.

It doesn't effect the Trust as he was not the Trust representative on the board if it is true 

thanks

I appreciate the response but in the last few weeks a trust meeting was held which Simon was apart of. A number of people attended that meeting with serious reservations about Abdallah & the future. Simon answered questions and put a lot of minds at rest that night. Now it seems 2 weeks later AL & Simon have butted heads and Simon has gone.

Does this not get alarm bells ringing even a little for the trust? Big turn of events in a short period isn't it? Would Simon still speak the same way as he did at the trust meeting if that meeting happened today? 

9 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I appreciate the response but in the last few weeks a trust meeting was held which Simon was apart of. A number of people attended that meeting with serious reservations about Abdallah & the future. Simon answered questions and put a lot of minds at rest that night. Now it seems 2 weeks later AL & Simon have butted heads and Simon has gone.

Does this not get alarm bells ringing even a little for the trust? Big turn of events in a short period isn't it? Would Simon still speak the same way as he did at the trust meeting if that meeting happened today? 

Hi Palmer. I have been at work all day and to be honest have no idea if this is true or not...not that I am doubting you, but  it's none of my business/have the confidence of either party, so it would be wrong for me as an individual to comment or on behalf of the Trust either, until it's confirmed either way.

If  I do find out, have permission from either party and for public consumption...then I will let you know

thanks

46 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

So ask Simon. 

On 20/07/2018 at 7:05 PM, maddog said:

So ask Simon. 

I have & I know how he feels...

Now I'd like to know how the trust feel about a conifdant leaving the club 2 weeks after defending AL & putting numerous fans minds at rest at the trust meeting. 

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

I have & I know how he feels...

Now I'd like to know how the trust feel about a conifdant leaving the club 2 weeks after defending AL & putting numerous fans minds at rest at the trust meeting. 

Its nothing to do with the Trust and he has not confirmed anything to the Trust officially and why should he?

he is a club employee, it's seperate and private. 

Bloody hell, we only saw him once a month and it's not like we on each other's Christmas card list and best mates. We were there to do a job.

There are some that he was close to on the Trust board and if he's got their confidence, good as it's better out than in, whatever this is.

personally, I have not had an update of what the situtation is so as far as I am aware nothing has changed since the AGM when he resigned.

sorry to say it's none of anyone's business and nothing to comment on

Edited by underdog

I saw your first reply underdog. I was replying to someone else! I didnt ask you for your personal opinion I asked for the trust view and the xmas card comment is not relevant or necessary! By the way, I don't know Simon & have never met him! We still communicated about this though.

Someone who worked as part of the trust for a long period recently left the trust & became a club employee defends the the chairman publicly at a trust meeting not 2 weeks ago. Then after a fall out with the chairman whom he and the Trust have defended publucly & nobody is willing to comment or investigate?

Are their thoughts on the chairman are still as strong after another employee sacking out of the blue as Simons now seem a different only 2 weeks later! Funny that!

This is an issue though again if everybody knows but the trust that Simon is leaving/left the club. I think personally it is something to comment on & I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe something to look into a little? Not just ignore things happening at the club for weeks at a time with no answers. I'll leave it there. 

6 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I saw your first reply underdog. I was replying to someone else! I didnt ask you for your personal opinion I asked for the trust view and the xmas card comment is not relevant or necessary! By the way, I don't know Simon & have never met him! We still communicated about this though.

Someone who worked as part of the trust for a long period recently left the trust & became a club employee defends the the chairman publicly at a trust meeting not 2 weeks ago. Then after a fall out with the chairman whom he and the Trust have defended publucly & nobody is willing to comment or investigate?

Are their thoughts on the chairman are still as strong after another employee sacking out of the blue as Simons now seem a different only 2 weeks later! Funny that!

This is an issue though again if everybody knows but the trust that Simon is leaving/left the club. I think personally it is something to comment on & I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe something to look into a little? Not just ignore things happening at the club for weeks at a time with no answers. I'll leave it there. 

I can't comment on information I don't know to be true or false at this stage Palmer

and yes it's as clear cut as that he left the trust to be a club employee. I wouldn't comment on that, like I couldn't comment on any reason why an employee has left, like the club accountant or the CEO. It's nothing to do with the trust we as do not monitor the turn over of employees.

its not a Trust issue and there is no comment on it as neither party has given us an update.

Edited by underdog

I think this is a great idea to bond the fans with the team, probably too late for Latics to do something similar now. 

I suggest the Trust check out other clubs websites for good initiatives like this.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/july/squad-presentation-evening--book-now-for-popular-event/

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think this is a great idea to bond the fans with the team, probably too late for Latics to do something similar now. 

I suggest the Trust check out other clubs websites for good initiatives like this.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/july/squad-presentation-evening--book-now-for-popular-event/

I’ve been recommending that for the last 2 seasons, don’t presume that people need to check other websites for stuff like this. Just couldn’t get it organised with the club. 

14 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’ve been recommending that for the last 2 seasons, don’t presume that people need to check other websites for stuff like this. Just couldn’t get it organised with the club. 

I'll check them all out for you and send the best ideas.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So why do you answer and not a trust member?

I am a Trust member, just not a director any more.

Was letting you know that the Trust have loads of ideas like this but it's not always possible due to the club.

Edited by jorvik_latic