MK Dons - Starting X1

Seen as we have an actual game on Saturday, anyone care to guess how we will line up? 

Having not attended or cared about any friendlies, I havent a clue. Will be there Saturday so would be nice if someone has any idea?!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I think off what I have seen he will go:

Iversen

Hunt

Edmundson

Clarke

Taylor

Nepomuceno

Gardner

Missilou

Coke

Branger

Surridge

I think that's spot on. A chance we'll go with two strikers now we have more in, and I can see us playing with two up top more often than not this season, but probably stick with one for this game.

12 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I think off what I have seen he will go:

Iversen

Hunt

Edmundson

Clarke

Taylor

Nepomuceno

Gardner

Missilou

Coke

Branger

Surridge

That would be my XI given who we've got, obviously if Cotterill signs he'd be pushing to start.

After being without a club and having very little pre-season, Cotterill wouldn't be a starter straight away.

He would be that good for us though. A modern-day Liddell in terms of being class for our level. Him and a head-screwed-on Byrne would transform us as a creative force.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That would be my XI given who we've got, obviously if Cotterill signs he'd be pushing to start.

Mustn't play Surridge on his own up front, not a hold up player.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How would you describe him BP? There is an obvious height based assumption. 

From highlights I've seen of him he will press the defence and hope to feed off a target man, he actually moves around the pitch well for a 6ft 3 lad. A grafter is how I'd describe him, probably just the player FB will think will buy into what he's trying to do.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

From highlights I've seen of him he will press the defence and hope to feed off a target man, he actually moves around the pitch well for a 6ft 3 lad. A grafter is how I'd describe him, probably just the player FB will think will buy into what he's trying to do.

About right, a strong runner who can frighten defenders who back off.

Dare I say a better Lee Erwin?

I'm amazed people have Hunt over Hamer. I've seen the Preston game only:

Iverson 

Hamer

Clarke 

Edmundson

Taylor

Gevaro

Missiliou 

Gardener 

Cotterill ( if he signs. If not the lad that got clattered off PNE's right back then did nothing after)

COG

Surridge

I prefer 3-5-2 and our squad like last season lends itself to that, but we won't. Baxter to come off the bench and bag the winner.

Has Hunt been playing right back in pre-season? 

What formation have we mainly been playing? 

3-5-2 does look most natural given the squad as it stands but has Taylor (who I imagine will start every game if fit and in any kind of form) got the legs for wingback? 

You'd imagine they'll want O'Grady and Surridge on the end of Gevaro's delivery and, until Cotterill signs  and/or is fit I think Dummigan gets forward well and gets plenty of balls in (albeit not of the best quality).

Even if Byrne ends up staying I can't see him starting this game. 

Branger and Misilou seem to have featured very heavily pre-season and done well by all accounts.

I can't see Coke not starting though 

Iversen

Dummigan/Hunt

Clarke

Edmunsdon

Taylor

Dummigan/Branger

Gardner

Coke

Gevaro 

O'Grady 

Surridge

4 minutes ago, GravityGrave said:

Iverson 

Dummigan 
Taylor
Clarke 
Edmundson

Missilou
Gardner

Cotterill
Baxter
Byrne

Surridge 

Would have dummy and Hamer both starting ahead of Hunt who , for me, has not progressed at all. 

Cannot see any of the midfield three starting sadly... but if only...

58 minutes ago, GravityGrave said:

Iverson 

Dummigan 
Taylor
Clarke 
Edmundson

Missilou
Gardner

Cotterill
Baxter
Byrne

Surridge 

Would have dummy and Hamer both starting ahead of Hunt who , for me, has not progressed at all. 

But the only, as far as I know, person on here to have seen Surridge play says he is not a lone/hold up forward. 

1 hour ago, GravityGrave said:

Iverson 

Dummigan 
Taylor
Clarke 
Edmundson

Missilou
Gardner

Cotterill
Baxter
Byrne

Surridge 

Bravo sir.

1 hour ago, GravityGrave said:

Hunt looks a different player in pre season to me and has impressed  so far. Granted Hamer and Dummigan have also looked decent.

Archived