MK Dons - Starting X1

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just smacks to me of the teams we had in the late 90s under Ritchie (minus leaders like Dux and Garnett) or the team at the start of 2003/04 post Chris Moore. If we were playing one of the expected no-hopers then I wouldn't feel so bad but looking at that team...Really, really hope we can pull something out of the bag but fearing the worst.
Sorry to sound such a misery guts!

Another poor pre-season with a number of very average looking players signed very late and with a rookie manager in charge again so not really expecting much 

I guess that is the way things are now and I truly hope we aren’t just swapping our annual battle to stay in League 1 for the same but in League 2

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Jeez, just looked at the line-up, that is a truly poor looking team and would be solid relegation candidates.

how on earth do we manage to feck th8ngs up so much, Baxter and Byrne in the squad I was quite optimistic but we just seem toxic

Taylor injured at end of yesterday's training session, out for 2 to 3 weeks. Clarke ill, should be back next week. Baxter still not fit enough for the bench, Dummigan about 4 weeks away and we all know about Gerrard and Byrne. There's half the team gone.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Taylor injured at end of yesterday's training session, out for 2 to 3 weeks. Clarke ill, should be back next week. Baxter still not fit enough for the bench, Dummigan about 4 weeks away and we all know about Gerrard and Byrne. There's half the team gone.

True, those are the facts but the underlying cause is the shambolic way the club has been run over the years, and I fear may be continued under the new owner

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

True, those are the facts but the underlying cause is the shambolic way the club has been run over the years, and I fear may be continued under the new owner

So the underlying cause of injuries and illness is because of the way we have been run and are now being run.

OMG some crap on here, its the first half of the first game against the bookies favorites.

Really mate FFS

Highlights: Branger, Missolou and Gardner

Lowlight: The defence. That second goal was comical. 

Hamer has the awareness of a corpse. Beaten to everything and always losing his man.

MK don't even look that good. But we've allowed them space and gifted them chances through our abject defending. 

We improved though in the last 20 mins and started playing better. Some decent passing and nice touches. Strikers don't look overly threatening though.

Review of first half, look like we haven’t EVER played together, keeper looks a bit ropey so far. Positives Gardner looks like he will get a few this season, link up on left looks good, Surridge looks good.

oh and miller looks very slow

We look slow, Im not seeing much evidence of a hardworking pressing team here. Gardner has picked uo from where he left off last season Missilou looks ok Fella on the left has shown some good touches Surridge is trying without getting much service Miller looks slow and Coke isnt in the game. Our lack of quality is showing but we came back into it well. This has tom improve though we dont have anytging down the right hand side.

Archived