Jump to content

MOTM Barnsley (Checkatrade - H)


MOTM Barnsley (Checkatrade - H)  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man Of The Match for the Checkatrade tie v. Barnsley

    • de la Paz
      1
    • Hamer
      1
    • Edmundson
      0
    • Graham
      1
    • Taylor
      0
    • Branger
      1
    • Maouche
      21
    • Missilou
      0
    • Benteke
      1
    • Lang
      4
    • Surridge
      13
    • Baxter
      0
    • O'Grady
      1
    • Gardner
      0


Recommended Posts

Extremely impressed with Maouche. Seems to have the same desire to win the ball in the mould of Missilou and Fane but the difference is a.) he can dribble and b.) he can pass further than 10 yards without it going out for a throw in.

Seems a decent asset, should grow into the team as the season goes. 

4k a week though, maybe not. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Maouche.  Still at a loss why people couldn’t see this in him before.  I’ve been impressed with him every time I’ve seen him play. 

Hmmm....didn't see the the game last night but by all accounts he seems to have had a good game.

 

However on the 3 occasions I have seen him play he has been absolutely shite! And as others have said 3 managers have not fancied him. Perhaps if given a start he may surprise a few and get some confidence. However I'm yet to be convinced he is physical enough, or has the bollocks for league 2.

 

Happy to be proved wrong on this though as we do need some creative spark in midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Maouche.  Still at a loss why people couldn’t see this in him before.  I’ve been impressed with him every time I’ve seen him play. 

 

I can't say I was particularly impressed (with the exception of one beautifully weighted pass into the area in the second half, for Baxter, I think). Lots of running around but missing at the crucial moments. The fact he was better then the rest of our midfielders reflects more on their deficiencies than his contribution in my opinion.

 

Happy enough to give him some league game time to see if he can cut it. Hopefully he will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Hmmm....didn't see the the game last night but by all accounts he seems to have had a good game.

 

However on the 3 occasions I have seen him play he has been absolutely shite! And as others have said 3 managers have not fancied him. Perhaps if given a start he may surprise a few and get some confidence. However I'm yet to be convinced he is physical enough, or has the bollocks for league 2.

 

Happy to be proved wrong on this though as we do need some creative spark in midfield.

 

So presumably the three games you have seen him in includes last night and Newcastle last season when he was MOM in both games for me?  He played in a pre season friendly this year I think too when he was one of the better players on the pitch.

 

I do agree that he looks a bit lightweight, but that doesn't equal bollocks.  David Silva is lightweight, but tough as can be.

 

Opinions.... but people on here are definitely harder on the foreign lads than they are on the likes of Gardner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

 

So presumably the three games you have seen him in includes last night and Newcastle last season when he was MOM in both games for me?  He played in a pre season friendly this year I think too when he was one of the better players on the pitch.

 

I do agree that he looks a bit lightweight, but that doesn't equal bollocks.  David Silva is lightweight, but tough as can be.

 

Opinions.... but people on here are definitely harder on the foreign lads than they are on the likes of Gardner.

 

Not at all kowenicki....and I did say I wasn't there last night if you read my post. Most accounts said he had a decent game so fair play.

 

I dis see him start at Shrewsbury in the CAT QF last season - absolutely useless and brought off at HT. 

 

Saw him in the MKD opener this season - came on for last 15 mins (bit unfair to get rated granted) but IMO had zero influence on anything

 

Saw him at FGR this season - came on for most of the 2nd half and was shite. Just chased the ball around with little desire, didn't put in a tackle without giving away a free kick and can't remember a single pass to feet.

 

3 competitive games where IMO he looked like a lost sheep I'm afraid and nothing to do with being  foreign lad...just an honest opinion of what I have seen.

 

Like i said I'm happy to be proved wrong, and maybe given some game time he will show us why we are supposedly paying him 4K per week!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Hmmm....didn't see the the game last night but by all accounts he seems to have had a good game.

 

However on the 3 occasions I have seen him play he has been absolutely shite! And as others have said 3 managers have not fancied him. Perhaps if given a start he may surprise a few and get some confidence. However I'm yet to be convinced he is physical enough, or has the bollocks for league 2.

 

Happy to be proved wrong on this though as we do need some creative spark in midfield.

He was flying into challenges last night (sometimes recklessly imo). At one point he chased back 30-40 yards and made a brilliant tackle. I’d say having the bollocks is not an issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He was flying into challenges last night (sometimes recklessly imo). At one point he chased back 30-40 yards and made a brilliant tackle. I’d say having the bollocks is not an issue. 

He must of lost them and managed to find them then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When they said he was MoM I just thought Abdallah picked him.

 

I was there and he did not stand out.  He doesn't just look lightweight he just is and although one or two things caught the eye a game changing performance?  Nah!

 

I wish him well but that first half against Forest when he couldn't tackle or keep the ball and the improvement in our play when he was substituted at half time sums him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

When they said he was MoM I just thought Abdallah picked him.

 

I was there and he did not stand out.  He doesn't just look lightweight he just is and although one or two things caught the eye a game changing performance?  Nah!

 

I wish him well but that first half against Forest when he couldn't tackle or keep the ball and the improvement in our play when he was substituted at half time sums him up.

I don't think Abdallah will be picking the MOM, will he?
I thought that came from the match sponsors.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...