MOTM Colchester (H)

MOTM Colchester (H)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match for the Top 6 clash against Colchester?

• Iversen
    • Hunt
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Taylor
    • Branger
    • Gardner
    • Missilou
    • Lang
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge
    • Nepomuceno
    • Baxter
    • Miller

1 minute ago, Markspark92 said:

Edmunson quality again today been class for weeks turning into a very very good player 

Have to be kidding for MOTM. We conceded twice from corners and he was involved in the third which was one of the softest goals I have ever seen 

7 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Edmunson quality again today been class for weeks turning into a very very good player 

No - thought Edmundson struggled at times - see 3rd goal. MOM was Gardner as voted for. Still gets unfair stick on here and whilst some passes go astray, he constantly seeks possession and drives us forward.

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Have to be kidding for MOTM. We conceded twice from corners and he was involved in the third which was one of the softest goals I have ever seen 

I thought Hunt  on the far post was weak for the first corner. I've noticed that with him in other games. George had a good game apart from a couple of occasions when he should have cleared the ball.

He's coming on leaps and bounds IMO and I'm sure higher clubs will looking at him now.

1 hour ago, mossleyblue said:

No - thought Edmundson struggled at times - see 3rd goal. MOM was Gardner as voted for. Still gets unfair stick on here and whilst some passes go astray, he constantly seeks possession and drives us forward.

I put Clarke at fault for the third should of cleared it row Z but dident, Edmunson was our best defender today, Lang mistake was what lead to the first and think Taylor was at fault for the second, George defended well and looked calm on the ball bringing it out of defence, even showed some nice skill at times, think he’s been excellent so far this season 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I thought Hunt  on the far post was weak for the first corner. I've noticed that with him in other games. George had a good game apart from a couple of occasions when he should have cleared the ball.

He's coming on leaps and bounds IMO and I'm sure higher clubs will looking at him now.

I agree but never MOTM

14 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Edmundson got bullied today by a very good Luke Norris. Norris has no joy when 1 on 1 with Clarke so switched over. Can’t moan as he has been very good for us this season but to say quality today is way off the mark. 

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Edmundson got bullied today by a very good Luke Norris. Norris has no joy when 1 on 1 with Clarke so switched over. Can’t moan as he has been very good for us this season but to say quality today is way off the mark. 

Bit harsh, thought he had a steady game. Not his best but nonetheless he is making that spot his own. Heading is massively improved and positionally he's reading the game very well, physically he will just get better with age in my opinion. Also like how he and Clarke are taking the ball up the pitch when there is space to exploit.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bit harsh, thought he had a steady game. Not his best but nonetheless he is making that spot his own. Heading is massively improved and positionally he's reading the game very well, physically he will just get better with age in my opinion. Also like how he and Clarke are taking the ball up the pitch when there is space to exploit.

Don’t get me wrong he’s not had a shocker yesterday but playing up against someone like Norris will do him good. Bullied is probably a strong word to use but I agree he will get better and better glad he is on a 2 yr deal. 

On 9/22/2018 at 11:19 PM, BP1960 said:

Far post?  No one on the far post when every corner actually taken by Colchester.  We were lucky not to conceed another one possibly two.  This seems to be the new way of defending.  Just asks for trouble as far as I can see (yes I know I am old fashioned)!

By the way I would like one on the front post as well and I would like keepers to come out and catch the odd cross too.

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The man tasked with marking the goalscorer was the one who unnecessarily gave away the corner. 

He's a quick forward, not a defender, on both occasions he should have been near the halfway line.

Edited by BP1960

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's a quick forward, not a defender, on both occasions he should have been near the halfway line.

If that's the case we might as well leave all our forwards on the half way line when defending set pieces. You can't get excused from doing a job just because you're not got perfect qualifications. He's a forward, so don't defend, just get to the ball first and kick it upfield !

Admittedly with his showing on this occasion he would be better nearer the halfway line than our penalty box.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If that's the case we might as well leave all our forwards on the half way line when defending set pieces. You can't get excused from doing a job just because you're not got perfect qualifications. He's a forward, so don't defend, just get to the ball first and kick it upfield !

Admittedly with his showing on this occasion he would be better nearer the halfway line than our penalty box.

Not so, some forwards are good at clearing corners, O'Grady being one.

He's not quick off the mark though so its pointless having him stood near the hafway line.