Bradford FLT

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Do for me. Some on Twatter are saying Surridge will be gone come January. He is on a season long, isn't he...or can he be recalled?

It is a season long loan. I have a feeling that they can't call him back, but I'll stand to be corrected.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It is a season long loan. I have a feeling that they can't call him back, but I'll stand to be corrected.

These \re the rules.

Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window.

Just now, al_bro said:

These \re the rules.

Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window.

Cheers Al. That clears that up, then. Let's hope we keep him here. Anyone volunteering to kidnap him on New Year's Day?

Pleasure to see that tonight, I do think Bradford made the much weaker changes and were absolutely dreadful but the way we attacked and passed it around at times looked sublime

COG with three good assists, Surridge with a couple more, Baxter oozing class and Lyden with a very impressive 45 minutes. World's away from the performance against Mansfield and Carlisle, who knows why ....

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

Think Gardner could lose his place after the other midfielders good displays.

Still not convinced on MM. Thought he did well tonight but I think his game suited that game. Wouldn't fancy him at 0-0 after 60 or in a dog fight of a game personally. Credit when it's due though. Thought Lyden was our best player, his movement spoke volumes, then add in his control and aggressiveness, only 45 minutes but promising signs, let's hope the next 10 days he can get nothing but fitter and avoid injuries. 

2 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Pleasure to see that tonight, I do think Bradford made the much weaker changes and were absolutely dreadful but the way we attacked and passed it around at times looked sublime

COG with three good assists, Surridge with a couple more, Baxter oozing class and Lyden with a very impressive 45 minutes. World's away from the performance against Mansfield and Carlisle, who knows why ....

Better suited to playing away.

7 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

If trust correct, wages paid so players can focus on the game..... hopefully

Edited by Whitts
Misquote

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Think Gardner could lose his place after the other midfielders good displays.

Obsessed with sticking it to this lad. Played really well with the superb Lyden first half. These two are a far better combo than anything else which involves the incompetent Missolou. Released Gardner further forward and we looked top class at times. Really don’t understand the mentality of trying to knock one of our players. 

• Like 1

Points of Note:

• With Hunt & Missilou on the bench, we had more of a 'technical' team out than usual. This along with the less intense nature of the game enabled us to play a lot more football and keep the ball on the deck a lot more.
  • Hamer is looking a big lad, he's filling out his frame and looking faster. He's far better with the ball at his feet than Hunt and Graham and should be starting or at worst the first choice when making a defensive substitution. He could make a hell of a lot of progress this season if given game time.
  • Maouche looked like a rolls royce. If he could take this into a blood and thunder league match he'd be playing every week. Changes direction very quickly and passes forward when it's on. It was noticeable he would point and direct the other midfielders around. You feel he needs at least 4 or 5 continuous league games to see how he does and then we'd all know one way or the other if he is up to it or not.
  • The 90 minutes will do Lang the world of good. Loved how chuffed he was to score and the way the players celebrated with him was nice to see. He's more skillful than Surridge, just not as direct.
  •  Lyden is a Lee Cattermole type, will he stay fit because Missilou will find himself on the bench if so.
  • Surridge is a goal machine. Loves to run with the ball and while he never seems to do anything spectacular, he just scores. Really hope Bournemouth don't do to us what Wolves did to Coventry with Nazon.
  • Like 1

Going back to my original post, we certainly found a winning formula for last night!

How many changes would people make for the next game?  Did we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2?

3 games in a week against teams currently in the bottom half after an 11 day break will hopefully see us back on track.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Didn't recognise half the Bradford team so the cans can stay chilling in the fridge for now...

Many fans won't have seen much of half our team.

Edited by BP1960