Bradford FLT

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I would suggest our changes didn't make us significantly weaker.

Any win is welcome however.

Does that mean we have shit in depth then? Not gonna get giddy about a match in a competition that the likes of Danny Philiskirk excelled, it really is the League that counts and we still haven't in a quarter of a season put two decent halves together.

The more I think about it, 4-3-3 could fit our squad really well.

The only out-and-out winger in the squad is Nepomuceno and he's isn't get much game-time at the moment.  It would give the centre of midfield plenty of options and would allow for a creative player to be in there to compliment the energy of Gardner and Missilou.  As well as Lyden and Baxter, I think Branger-Engone could fit into a central midfield 3.

Up front we have a couple of left footers for balance in COG and Miller, Lang and Surridge can run the channels and all of them can play centrally.

It would also allow us to play the back four which has worked well this season.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Does that mean we have shit in depth then? Not gonna get giddy about a match in a competition that the likes of Danny Philiskirk excelled, it really is the League that counts and we still haven't in a quarter of a season put two decent halves together.

You can argue that last night was a stronger side than the one that started on Saturday, Iversen excepted.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The more I think about it, 4-3-3 could fit our squad really well.

The only out-and-out winger in the squad is Nepomuceno and he's isn't get much game-time at the moment.  It would give the centre of midfield plenty of options and would allow for a creative player to be in there to compliment the energy of Gardner and Missilou.  As well as Lyden and Baxter, I think Branger-Engone could fit into a central midfield 3.

Up front we have a couple of left footers for balance in COG and Miller, Lang and Surridge can run the channels and all of them can play centrally.

It would also allow us to play the back four which has worked well this season.

Miller had his best game on saturday he likes to play in that right hand channel between the full back and the CB so Id play him on the right side of a front 3 with Surridge up the middle and Lang on the left.

It could work but Id prefer 4-4-2 at the moment I think our squad suits this best right now. If you want to make 4-3-3 work then you need the 2 wide forwards to be your quickest players Man City and Liverpool play 4-3-3 but city have Sterling and Sane as the wide forwards and Liverpool have Mane and Salah. It means you can down the sides of teams. 

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Could see Baxter being away in January if there was interest, clearly doesn't fit the Bunn mould.

I know he hasn't pulled up any trees yet, but I'd be mightily pissed off if he were to go, think he still has a big part to play in our renaissance. 

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Are 7 allowed?

Depends, technically you can make 11 changes if the side you put out fits the criteria of a full strength side. 

Should explain what a full-strength side is. As the games last night were affected by the international break it is safe to assume there will be some leeway on those rules. 

It is possible to play a side with 11 changes and still meet the criteria. It is also possible to name the worse side possible and still meet the criteria. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Depends, technically you can make 11 changes if the side you put out fits the criteria of a full strength side. 

Should explain what a full-strength side is. As the games last night were affected by the international break it is safe to assume there will be some leeway on those rules. 

It is possible to play a side with 11 changes and still meet the criteria. It is also possible to name the worse side possible and still meet the criteria. 

For some reason teams manage to be the full strength at Wembley.?

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I bet there'd be a lot of excitement on here if we'd lost 4-1.

There was plenty of "excitement" both on here and on Twatter when the reserves lost 0-6, or whatever it was, against Rochdale's reserves. According to some, it was a damning indictment of how low the club had sunk and, apparently, some of  the "experts" on Twatter were calling for the club to fold. :D

A changed Latics team beat a changed Bradford team who are a league above.
Fans, manager and players should all be pleased with that.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

There was plenty of "excitement" both on here and on Twatter when the reserves lost 0-6, or whatever it was, against Rochdale's reserves. According to some, it was a damning indictment of how low the club had sunk and, apparently, some of  the "experts" on Twatter were calling for the club to fold. :D

Whilst admitting last night's result, or manner of it, counts for little I've noticed a few posters are keeping their heads down, at least on here.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The hypocrisy is insane...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I thought it was 0-7 ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I would suggest our changes didn't make us significantly weaker.

Any win is welcome however.

This for me too.

Though Bradford gave debuts to a couple of 16 year olds and brought another academy player on as sub and their team contained Two or three returning from injury,  we still played well and scored 4 away from home.

Not a result to go overboard about but a number of positives to take from the game:

A front three of CoG, Lang and Sturridge.

Two goals for Super Sam.

First goal for Lang.

Lyden played 45 minutes.

Maouche scoring and playing well.

Hamer getting a full game.

I’ll take that.

Also, stats are interesting - both sides had 17 attempts with 3 on target for Bradford and 8 for Latics. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, yarddog73 said:

I prefer the more tradditional approach of

We are in deep shit...

Edited by L1onheartNew