7 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I'd be amazed if more people wouldn't fancy a slice of an FA Cup third round to a Prem team in London when we regularly take half that to places like Peterborough

Don't understand the negativity with this draw. So many fans now only seem bothered about the club earning money than having a decent experience themselves at a good away day. It's odd.

What’s odd about wanting the club to have as much income as possible? 

Don’t we all want that, AND a good day out? 

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s odd about wanting the club to have as much income as possible? 

Don’t we all want that, AND a good day out? 

I think the consideration of money for the club is a relatively modern phenomenon, brought on by the club's recent, turbulent times...since Moore took over and bailed. I used to go to games like this and only be concerned about having a good time and Latics taking a scalp. It still is my prime concern.

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think the consideration of money for the club is a relatively modern phenomenon, brought on by the club's recent, turbulent times...since Moore took over and bailed. I used to go to games like this and only be concerned about having a good time and Latics taking a scalp. It still is my prime concern.

Yeah, that’s fair. 

I wish we didn’t have to think about money as much,  but as you say it’s a sign of the times. Although my intial question about being on TV was with additions in jan in mind, rather than paying the gas bill on time. (Probably naively) 😩 

Plus as good as the big day out is, I’d much rather promotion or overall upward curve for the club. But I get not everybody will feel the same. 

Edited by League one forever

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Not much money to be made from this game. Had it been the other way around, then it would have had a very good chance of being on TV. The crowd will be low for them, around 10k I suspect.

More money will be made from it than the other option of playing MK fakes on the same day, I'm happy just being in the third round draw for the first time in years away at a ground I've not visited for some time, it would of been nice to have pulled a big one out but in the grand scheme of things it could also be a lot worse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

With the good little run we’re on, and Fulham struggling. I’m starting to think we’ve a sniff of an upset. 

(Puts the wine down) 

It's happened before and it most certainly has an upset written all over it, how we could do with one for both the income and momentum it would bring 

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Drive to the nearest tube station could be an option?

It is an option but not a palatable one. This had the potential to be one of my all time great weekends but the move to Sunday and the trains have completely scuppered it. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It is an option but not a palatable one. This had the potential to be one of my all time great weekends but the move to Sunday and the trains have completely scuppered it. 

That was my situation, for different reasons last round! Potentially an amzing weekend. Luckily the wedding we went to was really good, and better than expected.

I'm just checking engineering works now, I know my luck.

update. Engineering works on the line, so trains are diverted from Charing Cross to Victoria. Which is nearer on the Distrct line. it's on. 3 of us at least including my lad, who is 11.

Edited by singe