14 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Doncaster are in some form. Had more chance of beating Fulham than we do beating these, especially when it's at their place.

Like I said, we've had the day out but still slightly soured. There will be about 600 away fans and a routine 2-0 home win. Let's focus on the league.

:lol:

We’ll take 4,000 again, clubs always take big followings in the fourth round.

I remember Huddersfield filling the RRE in 2008 and then only bringing about 1,200 for the league game a few weeks later.

4 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I have no interest in this game at all, what an absolute shocker.

One of the grounds I hate the most, it’s just a soulless bowl, this is the complete opposite of what Fulham was.

Gutted.

It's the 4th round of the FA Cup and you have no interest at all.Oh Dear.Do you actually like football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Who is running the barge down the River Don to the game? :drinking45:I missed the one in London, count me in.

This is a trip of 75 miles, 1¼ furlongs and 101 locks from Stalybridge First New Road Bridge to Doncaster Railway Bridge.

This will take 47 hours and 1 minute which is 6 days, 5 hours and 1 minute at 7 hours per day.

From Stalybridge First New Road Bridge travel northeast on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal for 22 miles, 3 furlongs and 68 locks to Aspley Basin (Huddersfield), then travel northeast on the Huddersfield Broad Canal for 3 miles, 4 furlongs and 9 locks to Cooper Bridge Junction, then travel east on the Calder and Hebble Navigation (Main Line) for 12 miles, 6½ furlongs and 13 locks to Fall Ing Junction, then travel northeast on the Aire and Calder Navigation (Wakefield Section) for 7 miles, 4 furlongs and 4 locks to Castleford Junction, then travel east on the Aire and Calder Navigation (Main Line - Goole to Castleford) for 16 miles, 6½ furlongs and 5 locks to Sykehouse Junction, then travel southwest on the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation (New Junction Canal) for 5 miles, 4 furlongs and 1 lock to Bramwith Junction, then travel southwest on the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation (Main Line) for 6 miles, 5¼ furlongs and 1 lock to Doncaster Railway Bridge.

No need to thank me; just crack on :)

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

This is a trip of 75 miles, 1¼ furlongs and 101 locks from Stalybridge First New Road Bridge to Doncaster Railway Bridge.

This will take 47 hours and 1 minute which is 6 days, 5 hours and 1 minute at 7 hours per day.

From Stalybridge First New Road Bridge travel northeast on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal for 22 miles, 3 furlongs and 68 locks to Aspley Basin (Huddersfield), then travel northeast on the Huddersfield Broad Canal for 3 miles, 4 furlongs and 9 locks to Cooper Bridge Junction, then travel east on the Calder and Hebble Navigation (Main Line) for 12 miles, 6½ furlongs and 13 locks to Fall Ing Junction, then travel northeast on the Aire and Calder Navigation (Wakefield Section) for 7 miles, 4 furlongs and 4 locks to Castleford Junction, then travel east on the Aire and Calder Navigation (Main Line - Goole to Castleford) for 16 miles, 6½ furlongs and 5 locks to Sykehouse Junction, then travel southwest on the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation (New Junction Canal) for 5 miles, 4 furlongs and 1 lock to Bramwith Junction, then travel southwest on the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation (Main Line) for 6 miles, 5¼ furlongs and 1 lock to Doncaster Railway Bridge.

I've run out of up boats, how ironic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We’ll take 4,000 again, clubs always take big followings in the fourth round.

I remember Huddersfield filling the RRE in 2008 and then only bringing about 1,200 for the league game a few weeks later.

We will take a few thousand I’m sure. Hopefully a big following will give the game the magnitude that Fulham away naturally had to some of the foreign lads who perhaps might not know the meaning of this to the club. I’m sure Doncaster will be up for this one far more than Fulham were.

26 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It's shite, but it could have been worse.

Brentford or Millwall away would have been worse.  Also think it's better being away than at home - packing an end out we'll generate more of an atmosphere.

And we can win.

Lets do this...

You've got it mate.

We could have landed a dour trip to a host of Championship clubs without a guarantee of television or a 20,000+ crowd. Although not what we wanted, we've just seen the lads knock out a top flight club - whatever happens, we've got a memory to treasure. This is a game where we can play toe-to-toe with the opposition and it's certainly not an outlandish proposition to suggest we can win the tie.

I'll be there and I urge every last one who was there yesterday to get through.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Let's take a convoy.

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

We will take a few thousand I’m sure. Hopefully a big following will give the game the magnitude that Fulham away naturally had to some of the foreign lads who perhaps might not know the meaning of this to the club. I’m sure Doncaster will be up for this one far more than Fulham were.

I didn't realise they were in the play-off positions; maybe they'll play their reserves.

18 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I almost feel more resigned to losing this than Fulham. Let’s hope whoever the manager is he can get them up for this one...

It's the 4th round of the FA Cup. If a professional footballer playing in the fourth tier can't be motivated by a game like this, then they'll naturally drift into non-league and will be working alongside your average football supporter in a few year.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll take an upbarge

Nice trip through the Standedge Tunnel. My old stomping ground. 

Little known fact.

My Dad bullt the Youth Club that used to be at the car park at the  Diggle end.

Bit of a 70s throwback. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLatics said:

You've got it mate.

We could have landed a dour trip to a host of Championship clubs without a guarantee of television or a 20,000+ crowd. Although not what we wanted, we've just seen the lads knock out a top flight club - whatever happens, we've got a memory to treasure. This is a game where we can play toe-to-toe with the opposition and it's certainly not an outlandish proposition to suggest we can win the tie.

I'll be there and I urge every last one who was there yesterday to get through.

Spot on,we could have had trips to Millwall,Swansea,Portsmouth,Gillingham,Wimbledon,Luton,so this ain't so bad.and should get plenty of tickets.

I'm abit disappointed but some of you are acting a little bit entitled here. We could have pulled out Donny we could have pulled out Man Utd it's the luck of the draw it's completely random.

Yes it's a ground we have done a lot before but their were plenty of ties we could say that about.

We will have nothing to lose here and the opportunity of getting to the 5th round is huge and a big tie in that is almost guaranteed. We take another big following and make a real racket again we could easily tip things in our favour.

I bet know one in that draw wanted an away tie at Oldham either.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm abit disappointed but some of you are acting a little bit entitled here. We could have pulled out Donny we could have pulled out Man Utd it's the luck of the draw it's completely random.

Yes it's a ground we have done a lot before but their were plenty of ties we could say that about.

We will have nothing to lose here and the opportunity of getting to the 5th round is huge and a big toe in that is almost guaranteed. We take another big following and make a real racket again we could easily tip things in our favour.

Absolutely. 

No pressure on us, we’re away from home against a side in a higher division. 

Very winnable. 

42 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I have no interest in this game at all, what an absolute shocker.

One of the grounds I hate the most, it’s just a soulless bowl, this is the complete opposite of what Fulham was.

Gutted.

And they sell meat and potato pies with puff pastry. Yes, honestly