League Tables 06.11.2018

Bristolatic

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Actually, strange as it may seem, that would be easy, but for one thing. If I enter "No Scorer" in the actual match result as I do with the players' predictions, the formula would automatically give that player 3 points, the same as a named scorer. I'm not sure how I could tell the bloody thing to only give 1 point when the formula applies throughout the scorer column.

My brain hurts.

OK cool, like I said I thought that would be a lot more work for you, so wouldn't be feasible. 

9 hours ago, disjointed said:

Even you Ben, who had I down for a rational sort of person, is falling into the Disjointed misnomer . My predictions have less 1-1 and 0-0 than many others,

Lookersstandandy is creating a monster that doesn't exist. 

Read my post again. The 0-0 HT 1-1 FT has been used more by LSA than yourself, (see above table). However, as you freely admit using that on a regular basis when you had your stellar season, it will always be associated with yourself. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Read my post again. The 0-0 HT 1-1 FT has been used more by LSA than yourself, (see above table). However, as you freely admit using that on a regular basis when you had your stellar season, it will always be associated with yourself. 

Apologies Ben, that is the power of alcohol for you, I read it and posted afterwards whilst full to the top. 

To check out if this perception of Disjointed predictions mostly being 1-1 (HT0-0) is fiction or fact. I thought I would have a look at Disjointed’s prediction history.

Just to give some background to new predictors. In season 2016/17 Disjointed came 2nd in the prediction league. The perception is he did this by predicting 1-1 (HT0-0) most weeks.

In my review I found the following

2016/17

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted 18 out of 46 times (39%)

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted consecutively 3 times, and that was done 3 times during the season.

(HT0-0) was predicted 32 out of 46 times (70%)

(HT0-0) was predicted 6 consecutive times

1-1 was predicted 19 out of 46 times (41%)

2017/18

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted 9 out of 45 times (20%)

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted consecutively 2 times, and that was done twice during the season.

(HT0-0) was predicted 19 out of 45 times (42%)

(HT0-0) was predicted 5 consecutive times

1-1 was predicted 14 out of 45 times (31%)

2018/19 (so far)

1-1 (HT0-0) has been predicted 5 out of 17 times (29%)

1-1 (HT0-0) has been predicted consecutively 2 times.

(HT0-0) has been predicted 9 out of 17 times (53%)

(HT0-0) has been predicted 4 consecutive times, and counting.

1-1 has been predicted 7 out of 17 times (41%)

These are the results of my review.

Rather than comment I will leave you to come to your own conclusions.

I have already made mine.

1 hour ago, Ex_pat said:

To check out if this perception of Disjointed predictions mostly being 1-1 (HT0-0) is fiction or fact. I thought I would have a look at Disjointed’s prediction history.

Just to give some background to new predictors. In season 2016/17 Disjointed came 2nd in the prediction league. The perception is he did this by predicting 1-1 (HT0-0) most weeks.

2016/17

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted consecutively 3 times, and that was done 3 times during the season.

2017/18

1-1 (HT0-0) was predicted consecutively 2 times, and that was done twice during the season.

2018/19 (so far)

I have made my own conclusion,

Have you nothing better to do with your time. 

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Pretty much. It only takes a few minutes to put the actual match results in (stick it in once in each of the divisions then copy and paste alongside everyone's name).

Believe it or not, it then takes up to 45 minutes to get everyone's predictions typed in, checking they've not been posted or edited after the cut off and making sure I've put them in correctly. (Sometimes, I'll type them in while I'm listening to the match commentary. Multi-tasking, you see)

It's all then copied from a large spreadsheet, that calculates the tables, into what you see, but they have to be converted to jpegs and uploaded to a host so I can enhance them and make the sizes uniform. They just don't look very good otherwise.

Then it's all copied into the post that you see. It's surprising how long all that takes when it has to be done for each of the 6 tables that are posted.

Oh, and there's a 15 minute coffee break half way through, then a quick write up to start it all off. So, yes, best part of a couple of hours. 

What I would say is that I don't try to race through it because, if I get it wrong, it isn't always a two minute job to put it right.

Fair play - whatever works. I could automate it for you - the robot would do it all in seconds ?

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Actually, strange as it may seem, that would be easy, but for one thing. If I enter "No Scorer" in the actual match result as I do with the players' predictions, the formula would automatically give that player 3 points, the same as a named scorer. I'm not sure how I could tell the bloody thing to only give 1 point when the formula applies throughout the scorer column.

My brain hurts.

=if(laticscore=0,<givepredictor 0 points>, <check scorer prediction as now>)

3 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19 (so far)

I think you need to get out more. :lol:

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Fair play - whatever works. I could automate it for you - the robot would do it all in seconds ?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

=if(laticscore=0,<givepredictor 0 points>, <check scorer prediction as now>)

I've PMd you some info